New pi 3b+ supported?

I just got home and yeah my box uses Resin OS 2.3.0+rev1 also I guess they put the work I to it before they decide to go there own way

Any news on support for Rpi 3B+?
Thanks.

ya waiting on the same. Bought a 3b+ with the assumption that it worked…been collecting dust so far. Hopefully it will be soon.

This is what I am running on my 3b+

Waiting for the new system to complete

any more info of when it is gonna be supported

1 Like

They need to update the website so it reads:

! Warning
The Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ (released 3 months ago now) is still not yet supported.

As grooml mentioned, using Hassbian on the 3b+ is currently an option. I did that after I (too) eagerly upgraded from 3b to 3b+. However, I was underwhelmed. Not a significant enough performance gain to really warrant the upgrade (in hindsight). Eventually I decided to go the Intel NUC route, and I’m glad I did. I got an inexpensive NUC6CAYH and re-used an old 120GB SSD that I had laying around. The Pi is great for experimenting and getting familiar with things, but when you want a solid, quick production system, the Intel is much, much quicker. And having the ability to run everything on an SSD means no worries of SD Card corruption.

Just my 2 cents.

What a bummer just orderd the latest pli 3b + but never taught that this wont be working.
any idea when thiss willl be working with hass.io?

1 Like

This is messing my brain. As I mentioned I’m totally new to this game and it confirms one thing: do not make any assumptions.

So there was a special deal launched for raspberry pi model 3b+. The price was amazing so what I did: benefit this pricedrop and orderd it. Did not expect that Hass.io is not supporting this device yet. But okay shit happens and now I need to avoid any time waist

question: what should I do? install hassbian or install hass.io? What’s the main difference? Cause I am confused because the home assistant website keeps on talking about hass.io and currently I am only able to install hassbian.

There’s a link to a script to install hassio a few posts up…

Do you mean this one?

Yes that’s the one

Hi I found this

installing the image worked but I believe I need to have some preconditions set? this is what i found on github

Useful Tips

• Be sure to secure your Raspberry Pi by disabling SSH and changing the password for pi user.
  • If you plan to install via SSH, be sure to create a file named ssh on your SD card in /boot to enable SSH on first boot.
  • If you plan to connect via WiFi, be sure to setup your wpa_supplicant.conf file in /boot prior to your first boot.

can anybody explain step by step how install?

Those are just standard rpi best practices, check any guide to installing raspbian.

Thank you all. I managed to have it work. I will write down the exact steps as dummy proof instructions.

Hi there, I’m in the same boat.
Does the work around allow auto update and installing the add-ons with no issues.
Thanks

HassOS support pi3+. Is in RC now

3 Likes

VM support is interesting too …unless I’ve missed it previously… possibly a no headache way to get it back onto my old Mac Mini?

I’m so grateful for all the developers who are working tirelessly.
I hope that we’ll see a stable release soon.

1 Like

This is great, I installed the Release 1 RC2 on my new Raspberry Pi 3 B+ earlier this week and it works like a charm!

Now for the n00b-question… Is there a method to update to RC3, and later to the final release build? Or do I have to reflash my SD-card?