New pi 3b+ supported?

There is a note. Its in a warning box that is the only yellow color on the page.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Is Resin 2.12 higher than 2.3 ? Eg 12 is higher than 3 ?

Hassio is displaying ā€œResin OS 2.3.0+rev1ā€ on the system - host system.

@systmworks resinOS 2.12.6+rev1 is the latest resinOS currently if your running 2.3 your on a old OS

I am running the latest (non-beta) version of HASSIO - and it seems its underlying OS was recently updated from Resin 1.3 to 2.3 (specifically ā€œResin OS 2.3.0+rev1ā€)

I have never installed/used Resin OS by itself - just what is bundled with HASSIO.

Im sure they had their reasons, but it seems odd to me that (when planning to change from Resin to their own custom OS) they decided to jump from Resin 1.3 to 2.3 and not go that little bit further to 2.12.5 which is the first version that supports the RPi 3B+

I just got home and yeah my box uses Resin OS 2.3.0+rev1 also I guess they put the work I to it before they decide to go there own way

Any news on support for Rpi 3B+?
Thanks.

ya waiting on the same. Bought a 3b+ with the assumption that it workedā€¦been collecting dust so far. Hopefully it will be soon.

This is what I am running on my 3b+

Waiting for the new system to complete

any more info of when it is gonna be supported

1 Like

They need to update the website so it reads:

! Warning
The Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ (released 3 months ago now) is still not yet supported.

As grooml mentioned, using Hassbian on the 3b+ is currently an option. I did that after I (too) eagerly upgraded from 3b to 3b+. However, I was underwhelmed. Not a significant enough performance gain to really warrant the upgrade (in hindsight). Eventually I decided to go the Intel NUC route, and Iā€™m glad I did. I got an inexpensive NUC6CAYH and re-used an old 120GB SSD that I had laying around. The Pi is great for experimenting and getting familiar with things, but when you want a solid, quick production system, the Intel is much, much quicker. And having the ability to run everything on an SSD means no worries of SD Card corruption.

Just my 2 cents.

What a bummer just orderd the latest pli 3b + but never taught that this wont be working.
any idea when thiss willl be working with hass.io?

1 Like

This is messing my brain. As I mentioned Iā€™m totally new to this game and it confirms one thing: do not make any assumptions.

So there was a special deal launched for raspberry pi model 3b+. The price was amazing so what I did: benefit this pricedrop and orderd it. Did not expect that Hass.io is not supporting this device yet. But okay shit happens and now I need to avoid any time waist

question: what should I do? install hassbian or install hass.io? Whatā€™s the main difference? Cause I am confused because the home assistant website keeps on talking about hass.io and currently I am only able to install hassbian.

Thereā€™s a link to a script to install hassio a few posts upā€¦

Do you mean this one?

Yes thatā€™s the one

Hi I found this

installing the image worked but I believe I need to have some preconditions set? this is what i found on github

Useful Tips

• Be sure to secure your Raspberry Pi by disabling SSH and changing the password for pi user.
  • If you plan to install via SSH, be sure to create a file named ssh on your SD card in /boot to enable SSH on first boot.
  • If you plan to connect via WiFi, be sure to setup your wpa_supplicant.conf file in /boot prior to your first boot.

can anybody explain step by step how install?

Those are just standard rpi best practices, check any guide to installing raspbian.

Thank you all. I managed to have it work. I will write down the exact steps as dummy proof instructions.