New tuya intergration. No devices are being listed

What I did was in the project select all Datacenter regions.
When you go to the tab “all devices” you can scroll through the regions. Walk through al the regions and see if your device appears.
Then remove the other regions from your project.

But still no device in HA for me at this moment.

Did you work out how to not use the Central Europe data centre? I am OZ too and got the same issue…

1 Like

I’m having a few issues here - have tried with 3 different IoT projects - one was giving me

login error (1106) permission deny

the other two are giving me

login error 2406 skill id invalid

however this can’t be because my projects were created before May 2021, because I created them yesterday.

I also tried LocalTuya, and while I can find my device, when I add it it just shows up as Unavailable. At the moment the only way I can control my light is via the Tuya app - which is a bit of a pain, and not making the wife very happy…

The instructions indicate that when configuring the integration, the account and password are for the App - which I assume is the mobile app used, however ZombieEd says above it’s the credentials for the Tuya IoT platform… can anyone clarify this?

I’m also in australia, and the devices are only visible when Central Europe data centre is selected.
any tips welcome

1 Like

same here in Oz as well.

Just update to 2021.10.5

Uninstalled old tuya integration. Setup iot new account (today) and created project per guide. Devices show up - Datacentre west US.

but i get the 2406 skill id invalid no matter what combinations i try (DCs, accounts, etc)

thoughts?

i also just experimented with restricting IP to my address in tuya iot for the project… and the cross region message is clear it will block - so i dont know how folks from Oz can get this working?

The IP address you added has exceeded the service range of the current data center, and there will be data security compliance risks. It is recommended that you change the IP address. Tuya will completely prohibit cross-regional data calls to ensure data security for you and the users.

hmmm ok - so I read this thread here

and when configuring the integration I tried changing my country to France (thinking Central Europe…) and it worked…

fingers crossed…

some progress

Unknowingly when i setup being in AU i chose Western US…

found this - Configuration Wizard of Smart Home PaaS-Documentation-Tuya Developer which indicated that Australia is needed to be bound to Central Europe Data Center.

Now i tried to remove the Tuya SmartApp linkage and relink to the project with just Central Europe Data Center but it would not allow me to add devices already added to a exisitng DC.

So left Western US and added Central Europe Data Center and then tried the setup in HA again with Tuya v2 and BAM is all connected this time… No more 2406 errors. Found the 3 devices i have…All working fine in HA once again!

Incase u wondered - i had also setup a another test tuya project to see if any difference before find above - only to realize now that i cannot clean it up :frowning: - Note : Currently, a created project cannot be deleted.

yeah I found I can’t delete a project - one of mine is stuffed up too - if I go to the link via app tab, an error in chinese is shown, and my account doesn’t show there, but when I tried to link in a new project, it told me I’d reached the maximum number of linked projects (2). Was trying to find how I could delete the project, but couldn’t.

What country did you select in the Tuya config in Home Assistant @Borgy ?

@farnsy matched the mobile app - Australia in my case.

And noting - the user/pwd has to be the app user/pwd not the iot dev account…

Hi,
For me it also stopped working. It does not give me any errors when setting up but just does not import any devices to HA. It worked fine before and suddenly after updating to 2021.10.5 all tuya devices became unavailable and when reading the integration I have no devices :<
Here is screen from my HA
Clipboard02

1 Like

exactly same case …

Same here.
I had 10.1 and it worked well, yesterday I have upgraded to 10.5 and no device is listed

Central Europe data centre for Australia wasn’t the issue. It works for me but I wasn’t sure if this was the issue when I mentioned it.

Same here. Was working under 10.4, no devices listed after updating to 10.5. Tried reloading the integration, deleting the integration and re-creating it, tried restoring to a previous backup (HA 10.4) as well but still not working. Devices show as online in Tuya IoT Cloud, Tuya App works, Google Home with Tuya devices work, but not Home Assistant. Tuya installation is Australia, if it makes any difference…

Same here. It seems it doesn’t depend on the HA version, mine just stopped working from one day to another.
I tried to remove and reinstall tuya on integration page - no success. Everything except of HA is working: Smart Life app, Google integration, IOT Tuya Developer page.
Also tried to add more geo-s like China and all available European regions, but still no success.
I’m from Central Europe.
This is kinda frustrating…

Most likely the iot portal changed something and integration would have to be updated :< I have also tried to add integration using tuya v2 and the same thing happened.

Same with my new tuya integration, stopped working yesterday. I assume after HA update. Rollback with earlier backup did not bring it back, which tell me, that the update is not the reason?
Tuya_integration
The integration pages does not show any devices. within tuya IoT Portal all devices are online.
Can not find any log files which show errors.

Any down sides with moving to local Tuya?
I changed it and it works well.
Configuration is a little bit on the hard side, but it is a single time configuration (hopefully :slight_smile: )

Ariel

This has probably been mentioned, but the new integration lacks a lot of drivers.

drivers wanted

I only have one type of Tuya device and get the symptoms you describe, as it has no driver yet.

Hi,
Any guide that you have followed?