No longer a stable connection via duckdns domain

I had to update the 4 url entries that had my old duckdns url’s in it. Then you have to click test and re-connect to the service in your G Home app.

This morning again timeouts for the duckdns URLs, anyone else as well? Also not reachable via mobile connection, so not a network issue.
This is now really annoying if the service is so unreliable!

Yes, same here!

And here too :frowning:

Same Problem here. Again…
Has someone experience with the dynu addon?

I also set up cloudflared (https://community.home-assistant.io/t/new-add-on-cloudflared) with an own domain in parallel, works well (multiple tutorials on the internet, most with freenom, but as long as you find where you can change the name servers with your hoster, it is the same), so I might move to that und just have duckdns as a backup/alternative then. The last week has been way too much lack of reliability.

I can‘t load the cloudflare raspo. Has someone the same problem?

I want leave DUCKDNS, and I created a DYNU ddns account. but now I need ssl certificate… how can I create a free certificate like duckddns and let’s encrypt?

Letsencrypt will do it.

please can you post a guide?

The addon has instructions. There are plenty of threads on here.

sorry but I have HA core installation, so I do not have addons…

Thanks again everyone for providing input & help! I’ve decided to move to a Google Domain and the Cloudflare tunnel setup. I have used the walkthrough by Everything Smart Home as well for the Cloudflare tunnel. Some friendly advice when you start your migration to Cloudflare: Ensure that you have SSH access to your HA host machine, stop the DuckDNS add-on and remove or hash-out any code in your configuration.yaml related to DuckDNS (dont ask me how I know :see_no_evil:).

I have updated the last part of my initial post by adding more troubleshooting methods which have been suggested in this post. This might help others as well in the future. Cheers!

I also setup a new connection via Cloudflare with an own domain. But I can’t use Google Assistant anymore and yes Ibupdated everything with the url :slightly_smiling_face:. Does anyone have the same problem) solution?

Post 95 perhaps? No longer a stable connection via duckdns domain - #95 by N36

After having recurring issues with duckdns (lately, it used to work mostly fine before), and as I also didn’t want to keep a port open, I moved to cloudflare today with a domain I bought. All is working correctly, including the Alexa skill (once I edited the URL), but I do notice everything to be slower than it was with duckdns. It’s just me?

That is annoying when it is slower than before. I don’t have Alexa so we don’t have the same setup but for me the response time using Cloudflare is not slower than with DuckDNS.

Thanks for confirming. For me with duckdns it was as quick as local. With cloudflare it’s noticeable slower, not so much to be annoying, but it’s clearly slower. Now if I load HA with the local IP and via cloudflare on another tab, there’s a clear difference.

I switched from DuckDNS to Dynu and personaly I think it is faster than DuckDNS. No Problems with Dynu so far.