No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration ( HA 2021.3.0 )

Since last update HA 2021.3.0 I see those errors.
Maybe this is new and all custom integrations must update their manifest file, or this is a bug?

2021-03-04 09:03:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration adaptive_lighting which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-03-04 09:03:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'adaptive_lighting'. This will not be allowed in a future version of Home Assistant. Please report this to the maintainer of 'adaptive_lighting'
2021-03-04 09:03:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration alexa_media which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-03-04 09:03:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration rdw which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-03-04 09:03:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'rdw'. This will not be allowed in a future version of Home Assistant. Please report this to the maintainer of 'rdw'
2021-03-04 09:03:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration apple_tv which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-03-04 09:03:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'apple_tv'. This will not be allowed in a future version of Home Assistant. Please report this to the maintainer of 'apple_tv'
2021-03-04 09:03:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration browser_mod which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-03-04 09:03:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration hpprinter which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-03-04 09:03:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'hpprinter'. This will not be allowed in a future version of Home Assistant. Please report this to the maintainer of 'hpprinter'
2021-03-04 09:03:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-03-04 09:03:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Exception in callback ProtocolBase.connection_made(SerialTranspo...dsrdtr=False)))

It is new, for now it is a warning, in the future they will be blocked from running

All custom components will need to be updated so open issues on those repos…

It’s nothing to do with HACS BTW it’s a HA requirement

1 Like

It’s mentioned in the release notes, the first point in the breaking changes…

1 Like

I was reading the breaking changes… stupid me I didn’t do it before the update :slight_smile:
Lucky nothing broken …

It will be a few releases before it will break hard… plenty of time to get the dev to fix… or you can just add a version yourself in the manifest.json file for your custom components while you wait for the dev to fix.

2 Likes

Any suggestion why this would be appearing even if I have version in my manifest.json file?

I’ve got a modified Sharp Aquos component that I use and I’ve added the version key but its still complaining.

2021-03-06 10:36:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration sharp_aquos which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-03-06 10:36:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'sharp_aquos'. This will not be allowed in a future version of Home Assistant. Please report this to the maintainer of 'sharp_aquos'

My other custom_components were fine once I added the version string.

{
    "domain": "aquostv",
    "name": "Sharp Aquos TV",
    "version": "1.0",
    "documentation": "https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/aquostv",
    "requirements": ["sharp_aquos_rc==0.4.0"],
    "codeowners": [],
    "config_flow": false
}
1 Like

did you try 1.0.0 as the version?

Title is wrong… HACS was probably the fist custom integration to implement a version key…

1 Like

Fixed it :wink:

1 Like

Yeah no difference

I assume you restarted HA after editing? I added similar to 10 components and all of them are now happy.

Yeah I did the same, went through and added version to them all, and this one wont play ball.

yeah, I had this warning also and when adding ‘version’ to the manifest file, it was resolved.

Anyway, the example in the documentation needs to be updated :stuck_out_tongue:

And maybe also the first line in the § on Version. You can read these both ways (only for core or only for non-core)

Mario

That documentation is for developer, they know what’s what

@ludeeus it is the general developer documentation for HA. I consulted it when I got this error for my custom integration. I was just pointing out that the there is a chance that person-in-charge for the general developer documentation may forget to update this change. Oh I know, I used to be a technical writer and for a developer documentation is way back in his priority/communication list.

Just my 5€ contribution to this wonderfull product with great community …

M

It was not forgotten, it was deliberately not put in, since it only applies to custom integrations (as stated in the description of that field)

My issue seemed to be because the folder name of the custom component didnt align with the components ‘domain’. Once I set them to align like my other ones, its now cleared up that error.

3 Likes

Where did you find the component domain? I’m seeing this same behavior in another custom component.
Edit: This is an option also in the manifest file.

I’m seeing this error:
No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘nodered’.
I’m having all sorts of issues, I asssume this isnt causing all of them?

How to I fix it, I have access to the host platform.
Thanjs