Node Red UI Alarm Panel for YET another take on an alarm system

There is no alarm_logging.json in your github, is it create by itself?

thanks,

@cyberumb15

the alarm_logging.json is creating at the first state change …

looks nice … i have one change … my log is realy long - so i change the function node in the log section - so the output only show the last 10 changes …

That’s perfect. Is there a way to show sensor data?

what do you mean - if a sensor is triggered, to show it in the log?

yes and maybe show sensor status in and additional page?

I have had a rethink about the priorities of this project. I think we need to replicate the functions of Yet another alarm panel (YAAP).

So I think he priorities should be as below.

1. override (bypass) open sensors. This way if something is open/detected it wont trigger the alarm.
  2. Display of sensors (similar to the log function)
  3. Display arming countdown
  4. not sure make a suggestion!!!.

I am only new at Node red so I am asking for help. If anyone would like to participate please reply and check out my github.

Thanks.

Ben

uff you have many doing points … I never try to build something complex … :smiley:
I think point 3 should be easy to do …

all others needs time … and time is something i don’t have at the moment …

Thanks @manzn I am working on point 1. I am using a get entities node that get all entities starting with binary_sensor.alarm whose state is on then piping that into an array for display then I want to write the entities to the alarm.yaml file in the override section.

What do you think?

I cannot seem to get the pin to work. I keep getting incorrect pin. The arm away and all the status work, but I cannot arm or disarm on the node red flow. I am using bwalarm from https://github.com/akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm and have mapped the flow to the correct yaml file. I just cannot figure out how you check the pin in the check pin function. I am a newbie, so I grasp some of what is going on in that function, but cannot seem to figure out where the pin is stored to compare to waht has been entered. Any help would be appreciated, as I really like the look of the node red dashboard on my fire

Did you ever get your issues worked out, Mike? I ended up tweaking quite a bit to get it functioning properly and working properly with bwalarm. I can share the code with you, if you want.

I’m not done with all the enhancements that I would like to do, but it’s close. My two outstanding items are a countdown display, and a scrolling list of open sensors.

Mylo

Hi,
I have done some tweaking myself but if you can share yours, I would be interested.
GV

I think I might actually fork the forked repo, in case the OP ever wants to incorporate it back in.

I never did, and gave up for a bit Sharing your code would be great!

I would also be interested in your code. Do you have it on github?

Hi, Just trying to find out which combination of open sensors others using this would like displaying on the interface. I’ve currently got a Work in Progress which displays the Open Sensors for (Immediate and Warning) sensors that aren’t also listed in the override sensors.
Or would anyone prefer to see all the open sensors even the Override ones that are configured in BWAlarm. Here’s how it looks.

It overlays over the keypad and then pressing cancel hides the open sensors window and displays the keypad.

If this has already been done do you mind sharing your code as this is a first attempt for me so probably won’t be the most efficient method of implementing it.

Dear Keith,

It has taken me 2 weeks to find the incorrect pin problem and the pictures of the arm disarm arm away pics on the panel.
I think it is time to give up and request if possible your assistance and maybe sharing the code that is working

Should you asists me would be a relief for me

I am not a totally newbie but it seems i cannot figure out the logic on yaml file and variable sets

Thanks in any case

harris

So far I’ve almost got this working. I used the default panel in BWalarm, but since the HTML changes broke the Alarm side panel I decided to give this a try.

PINs are being recognized, but the alarm state isn’t changing. I think it’s due to MQTT looking for different messages as I see in the Node-RED panel everything is lower case, but in BWalarm, every thing is CAPS.

Is that the issue?

EDIT:

That’s no the issue. MQTT is getting the proper commands caps and all. BWalarm just isn’t doing anything when it gets the commands. It seems that MQTT isn’t passing the PIN to BWAlarm.

@Chmark I finally forked and checked in my working code into the dev branch of this repository. It’s still a work in progress, but I checked it last night, and it does still work with the Ak47 edition of bwalarm.

It still doesn’t handle any bypass logic. If there is an open sensor when you try to arm the system, it just fails without a good error message.

does this take up a whole ‘window’ or can it be brought up by pressing a button on a seperate window?