Odd behavior with version 0.84.6

I havent had the time to sit down and do that but i updated to 0.86.0b0 and its now worse, so i dont think its the components that i have had for a long time that suddenly make this issues.

I agree on with that, must be something they changed in 0.84.x that cause this and the change must be present in all versions after that. It is very strange problem and since you and me are using different components I keep wondering why more people ain’t haveing this problem.
I post my config below

homeassistant:
  # Name of the location where Home Assistant is running
  name: cloud
  # Location required to calculate the time the sun rises and sets
  latitude: 5
  longitude: 
  # Impacts weather/sunrise data (altitude above sea level in meters)
  elevation: 35
  # metric for Metric, imperial for Imperial
  unit_system: metric
  # Pick yours from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
  time_zone: Europe/Stockholm
  # Customization file
  customize: !include customize.yaml

# Show links to resources in log and frontend
#introduction:

recorder:
  purge_keep_days: 15
  exclude:
    domains:
      - weblink
      - updater
    entities:
      - sun.sun
      - sensor.last_boot
      - sensor.date
# Enables the frontend
frontend:

# Enables configuration UI
config:

http:
  # base_url: 192.168.1.102:8123
  # Secrets are defined in the file secrets.yaml
  # api_password: !secret http_password
  # Uncomment this if you are using SSL/TLS, running in Docker container, etc.

# Checks for available updates
# Note: This component will send some information about your system to
# the developers to assist with development of Home Assistant.
# For more information, please see:
# https://home-assistant.io/blog/2016/10/25/explaining-the-updater/
updater:
  # Optional, allows Home Assistant developers to focus on popular components.
  # include_used_components: true

# Discover some devices automatically
discovery:

# Allows you to issue voice commands from the frontend in enabled browsers

# Enables support for tracking state changes over time
history:

# View all events in a logbook
logbook:

# Enables a map showing the location of tracked devices
map:

# Track the sun
sun:

# Weather prediction

media_player:
  - platform: kodi
    host: 192.  
    username: 
    password: 

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google
    language: 'sv'

# Cloud
cloud:
  google_actions:
    filter:
      exclude_entities: 
        - group.all_automations
        - group.all_devices
        - group.advanced
        - group.allscens
        - group.coolppl
        - group.default_view
        - group.dinning
        - group.extrasov
        - group.hall
        - group.hosestates
        - group.ikeacolorlights
        - group.kok
        - group.koksopts
        - group.mastersov
        - group.nightturnon
        - group.sensor
        - group.sensorvardag
        - group.someslights
        - group.someswitches
        - group.trappa
        - group.tvrum
        - group.vardsagrumonlight
        - group.vardsagrumonswitch
        - group.weather
        - switch.party
        - switch.standard
        - switch.guests
        - switch.hemma
        - switch.barntv
        - media_player.ks_sovrum_
        - media_player.huvudsovrum
        - media_player.googlehome9103
        - group.all_switches
        - group.all_lights
        - group.barnsov
        - switch.movie
        - group.all_scripts
        - group.scripts
        - group.all_vacuum_cleaners
        - switch.robot_d3_schedule
        - media_player.googlehome7958
        - media_player.tv_hemma
        - group.sysmon
      exclude_domains:
        - scene
    entity_config:
      light.hall_lampa_1:
        name: Hall lampa 1
        room: Hallen
      light.hall_lampa_2:
        name: Hall lampa 2
      light.kok_lampa_1:
        name: Taklampa köket 1
        room: Kök
      light.kok_lampa_2:
        name: Taklampa köket 2
      light.kok_lampa_3:
        name: Taklampa köket 2
      light.lama_fonster_matbod:
        name: Lampa matbordet
        room: Köksbordet
      light.lampa_vid_tv_2:
        name: Tv lampa 1
        room: Tvrummet 
      light.tradfri_bulb_e27_cws_opal_600lm:
        name: Tv lampa 2
      switch.onoff_2_sovrum_nere:
        name: Lampa sovrum nete
        room: KS sovrum
      switch.switch_hall:
        name: Myslampa
      script.housespeak:
        name: Vad Àr husets status
        room: Scripts
      vacuum.robot_d3:
        name: Robot D3
      media_player.kodi:
        name: OSMC
      light.fibaro_dimmer_2:
        name: Fibaro Dimmer 2
        room: Trapphuset
      light.fibaro_dimmer_2_watt:
        name: Fibaro Dimmer 2 watt
        room: Trapphuset
neato:
  username: username :)
  password: password :)
tellduslive:
  update_interval: 5
conversation: !include conversations.yaml
sensor: !include sensors.yaml
group: !include groups.yaml
#automation: !include automations.yaml
automation: !include_dir_merge_list automation
script: !include scripts.yaml
device_tracker: !include device_tracker.yaml 
input_select: !include input_selects.yaml
scene: !include scene.yaml

Hi! i now tried the release 0.86.0b1 and its the same. From what i can see, we have Telldus and Kodi as the same components, have you tried to disable them?

I will try to post my config later,

One more interesting thing is that i now have moved to a virtuial machine on a 4 core CPU and dedicated 1 CPU and 1 GB RAM and the same thing happends anyway. 11% CPU and 590MB RAM use.

I came across a new bug regardning telldus on git maybe this is the problem, no I haven’t disable telldus but kodi and all sensors I have with no diffrent resluts.

@Mathias_Heller Check entity ids? https://community.home-assistant.io/t/panels-disappeared-after-updating-to-0-85-1/93501

Ye that “bugg” I had but it should not be the cause for this? It should only make the GUI look bad as it did for me.

Hi! thank you, but this is not the issue in this case. the entities goes from a value to unavalible and toggle this behavior. then its a lag that comes and goes.

I now even updated my un official components .py files without any progress

Here is an exemple of how it looks, then it toggles back to a slide and it works for some time and then home assistant freezes and this shows again.

Okey so we have some diffrent symptoms, I normaly start to notic that my input selects are slow for example if I change the color on the lights it takes 1-2 minutes before anything triggers. I also notic the states are very slow to update and if i toogle a light from HA this takes 1-2 minutes before it happens.
And a while later nothings works and a reboot is needed.
But I can’t remeber I have seen the Unavailable status, but I will do an upgrade tomrrow to see what happens.

Ok, its allmost the same except the reboot.

Its only the Hue lights that changes to unavailable. All other values are still there.

I updated to 0.86.1 and its still the same issue. Would it be possible to lift this as a ticket to Home Assistant? And how do we do that?

I updated to 0.86.1 and its still the same issue. Would it be possible to lift this as a ticket to Home Assistant? And how do we do that?

this is what it looks like in boot.

2019-01-24 23:47:12 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http] legacy_api_password support has been enabled. If you don't require it, remove the 'api_password' from your http config.
2019-01-24 23:47:15 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for media_player.braviatv_psk which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-01-24 23:47:15 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for media_player.samsung_multi_room which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-01-24 23:47:15 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for media_player.alexa which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-01-24 23:47:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 212, in async_update_ha_state
raise RuntimeError("Attribute hass is None for {}".format(self))
RuntimeError: Attribute hass is None for <Entity yr Symbol: 4>
2019-01-24 23:47:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 344, in _async_add_entity
raise HomeAssistantError(msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: calendar.alexa_inkopslista
2019-01-24 23:47:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Can not get color gamut of light "Taklampa kök"
2019-01-24 23:47:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Can not get color gamut of light "Entre"
2019-01-24 23:47:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Can not get color gamut of light "FörÄdsvÀgg1"
2019-01-24 23:47:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Can not get color gamut of light "FörÄdsvÀgg2"
2019-01-24 23:47:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Can not get color gamut of light "FörÄdsvÀgg3"
2019-01-24 23:47:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Can not get color gamut of light "FörÄdsvÀgg4"
2019-01-24 23:47:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Can not get color gamut of light "Nattduksbord2"
2019-01-24 23:47:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Can not get color gamut of light "Nattduksbord3"
2019-01-24 23:48:08 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of media_player.mathiass_alexa_apps is taking over 10 seconds
2019-01-24 23:48:08 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of media_player.vardagsrum is taking over 10 seconds
2019-01-24 23:48:08 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating alexa media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
2019-01-24 23:48:08 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating kodi media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
2019-01-24 23:48:15 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Updating hue light took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05
2019-01-24 23:48:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Unable to reach bridge 192.168.1.95 ()
2019-01-24 23:48:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating braviatv_psk media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
2019-01-24 23:48:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating samsung_multi_room media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
2019-01-24 23:48:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating alexa media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
2019-01-24 23:48:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Updating hue light took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05

maybe this can have something to do with it:

Br

Check the release notes for 0.86.2 - it mentions Hue.

I have seen those warnings, but that is not the issue.

i removed this from my config

tellduslive:
  update_interval: 5

still same behavior

i can now confirm that its the Telldus live component causing this issue. after removed Telldus from my system the all errors disapered.

Yes I believe there is two things that may be the cause of this, I have been certain for some time that it is telldus error because they did a re-write on it in version 85. the bugs that you have seen on git I have commented on and also tried that solution they suggested (as you did) but with no different result.

although it may be that this bug cause that effect (update_interval it not working). I am waiting to see.

1 Like

Hi! I think its that too. I removed the Telldus file in the config folder and then added Telldus thru the integration site again. Now it works with Telldus but it’s with the standard slow update of 60sec

1 Like

How are you connection to telldus live? Are you using the cloud api or the local api (supported by the Znet devices)?

Telldus live via API

1 Like