Onkyo Component controls

Hello all!
I’m new to home assistant and having some questions about my onkyo receiver. I have an onkyo TX-NR609, I configured the component, receiver is recognized by the Home assistant, I can turn it on / off, select source, change the volume and that’s all. There aren’t any more controls or am I missing something? For example, if I choose USB and have a pen inserted with some mp3 files would be cool if I can start playinf from home assistant.
Many thanks!

Nope. Only manually via shell. See examples below and onkyo-eiscp on github for help on the syntax

onkyo_play_loungecom: /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/onkyo -n709 internet-radio-preset=4
  onkyo_play_smoothlounge: /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/onkyo -n709 internet-radio-preset=5
2 Likes

oh… too bad, I’m a newbie on home assistant, linux and python. Trying to figure everything!

Well those are simple shell commands and you will ahve no problem at all setting them up. Just read through the page
https://github.com/miracle2k/onkyo-eiscp

1 Like

So, is it possible to include some of those commands on an automation? Sorry but i’m a complete newbie on home assistant, python, linux, etc.

Easily done. Example from night script i have

onkyo_movie_night:
    sequence:
      - service: media_player.volume_set
        data:
          entity_id: media_player.onkyo
          volume_level: 0.65
      - service: switch.turn_on
        entity_id: switch.onkyo_late_night_dolby
        entity_id: switch.onkyo_audyssey_dyneq
        entity_id: switch.onkyo_audyssey_dynvolume
        entity_id: switch.onkyo_dimmer_night
2 Likes

thanks! will check and explore :slight_smile:

I just got an Onkyo TX-NR656… Home Assistant discovered it but I haven’t messed with configuring Home Assistant as I need it ot run Zone 2 where my whole house audio is connected. Reading on the forum, I see that is not a command in the Onkyo add in.

But looks like I could implement it with

Can someone tell me where to install this on RP3 running Stretch
using these instructions:

Best Buy early BF deal? I grabbed one too. I’m running in a docker on unraid myself.

Yep. $250. Great deal.

It is already installed as onkyo component is based on it. Just write some command shell switches or automations to control what you need

I’ve a Onkyo TX-NR809 and I’m running Hass.IO. I’ve put this in config.yaml

media_player:

• platform: onkyo
    host: 10.0.0.23
    name: Onkyo 809

In the web interface of HA the Onkyo is always ""idle. I cannot turn volume up or down. Any idea of what’s wrong

With onkyo component is not possible to send a play command??

Hi I don’t understand this.

Is not possible to select/change source and then start playing?

Isn’t it a model of 2012?

If I connect to it a chromecast audio will I not be able to start playing from HASS?

Easily but with shell commands. Read through the onkyo eiscp python project page

My goal is to make a shortcut (or routine) in Google Home: play Spotify in Livingroom speaker.

where I named the Chromecast audio (attached to the onkyo) Livingroom speaker.

The script should turn on the amplifier, select the right source, and then play.

I don’t understand if I need the shell command??

Is it possible also in HASSIO?

No shell command here. Pure automation in HA for this.
Although if you wanted to select some listenening mode than yes