openHASP: An MQTT driven Touchscreen / Scene controller

Typically this forum is good. But I’m not sure whether it’s the best for openHASP questions.
You could also start here: OpenHASP

1 Like

Ask away. There are plenty of lanbon users.

1 Like

I have been trying to flash the Adafruit ESP32-S3 Feather for a couple of days and am getting a message “this ESP-S3 is not Supported” not that I was able to use the web installer, but it is listed in the Docs. The module is ESP-32-S3-Mini-1.
Am I doing something wrong or do I need a different ESP32? I tried 6.3 and 7.0. Flashing the Full bin gives me a boot loop.
Thanks!

Hi, I don’t own this hardware combination myself. This configuration is user-contributed, so if these binaries don’t work it will require some tweaking and compilation of the firmware locally…

Okay, I will work on that one. I did get the WSESP32-S3-Touch-4.3 working so I have that one to work with for now.

1 Like

Can I change the background color of a label object?

{
  "comment":"----- Dexcom Value",
  "page":1,"id":1,
  "obj":"label",
  "bg_color": "blue",
  "x":10,"y":0,"w":240,"h":40,
  "text":"p1b1","align":0,"text_color":"#FFFFFF"
}

But the background is still black.

Try adding

{
  "comment":"----- Dexcom Value",
  "page":1,"id":1,
  "obj":"label",
  "bg_color": "blue",
  "bg_opa":255,
  "x":10,"y":0,"w":240,"h":40,
  "text":"p1b1","align":0,"text_color":"#FFFFFF"
}
1 Like

Thanks. I did not realize that the background opacity level defaults to zero…
The docs don’t mention this.

SOLVED
I am using the background color of my labels to fine-tune the w: and h parameters of my labels, but, nothing I do with w: and h:, even leave them out of the configuration, nothing on the screen changes:

I am leaving the post up as a lesson to other newbies…

I accidentally had two “page”:1,“id”:1, lines. The second was supposed to be “id”:11

Oops.

Hello all, I’m trying to flash several Lanbon L8 plates with openHASP & am following Cameron Gray’s video guide.

I’m using Windows 10, have installed esptool and finally got it to run using the command:
python -m esptool
(all the commands I tried from numerous guides came back as: “‘esptool.py’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file” so it took days to get this far!!)

This is what it outputs when it starts up:

However, when I plug in the L8 plate via a UART adaptor, I dont get debugging info, either in normal or flashing mode. I’ve triple checked my connections, but nothing shows up.

Is there an extra command I need to type once I’ve started esptool? I can’t see one being entered in the tutorial.

Many thanks in advance :sunglasses:

Hi,
I have a WT-32 SC01 that i’ve used with firmware v0.6x for a couple of months.
Today I wanted to upgrade both firmware and the OpenHASP integration to v0.7x. So, I installed firmware v0.7.0-rc12 and OpenHASP HA integration/component v0.7.2. I did a clean install of the firmware.
The plate in itself works great, but when I try to load a pages.json (via the HA integration) i get the following error:

Exception in lwt_message_received when handling msg on 'hasp/kitchen_large/LWT': 'online' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/openhasp/__init__.py", line 479, in lwt_message_received await self.async_load_page(self._pages_jsonl) File "/config/custom_components/openhasp/__init__.py", line 658, in async_load_page json_data = json.load(pages_file) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/json/__init__.py", line 293, in load return loads(fp.read(), ^^^^^^^ AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'read'

I’ve tried to make a very basic pages.json and get the same error. However, if I load that file directly using the units web interface (pages.jsonl). What can be the problem?

EDIT: I manage to solve it by renaming the file to pages.jsonl (and pointing the integration to it instead). But, only a few of the elements that I had earlier is showing. If I put the same config in pages.jsonl directly on the device, it works as it should.

The issue with the custom component can be tracked here on GitHub.

Ok, I see. Thank you.

Love OPENHASP

2 Likes