Overkiz integration - Local API [Development / Testers topic]

service on the original Somfy entity I meant, not the new cover.

ie

- service: cover.open_cover
              target:
                entity_id: cover.closet_shade # change to your device id

Oh, yea, that works. Sorry, I thought I mentioned that.

hmm it all should work then

Unless the helper condition is the issue? If I check the state in dev tools, it’s currently set to open. But hitting the close button on the template does nothing.

very strange, anything in system log ?

Would it make sense to create a new topic for this? This is not really relevant to this local API topic.

1 Like

Well, one if my question was if the local API was required for this to work properly.

Hi, thanks for the work on the local API, it is working great! As an unexpected bonus for me, I can now control my Somfy Elixo 500 3s io gate, which was not possible neither by using Homekit integration or cloud API (I thought this might be helpful for anyone searching in the forum for how to get a gate working).

Now I’d like to switch from using the Tahoma app for scenarios to Home Assistant, but I still miss one functionality for controlling venetian blinds - to do that comfortably, I need to set the position and tilt at the same time (pyoverkiz already supports that, I successfully tested it).

I opened a new feature request here Cover entity - new device action and service: Set position and tilt at the same time I’d be happy if you can comment on that or support it if you find it useful.

I have moved back to the Overkiz Local API again, now with IP-address and disabled SSL check to prevent any mDNS issues.

So far it’s been stable since moving last night, will let you know if it stays connected properly now.

I had created a solution for ‘stateful’ scenes before in HA with Input Boolean Helpers so I have four presets for my curtains and shutters and use the ‘My’ button for the RTS curtains, which is triggered with Automations when the Input Boolean is turned on.

For anyone still wondering why we need a local integration…

Logger: homeassistant.components.overkiz
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:350
integration: Overkiz ([documentation]
First occurred: 10:02:49 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:02:49

Error fetching device events data: Server is down for maintenance.

A remote server being down for maintenance shouldn’t mean I can’t open my shutters 2m away from the gateway… Local API works perfectly fine.

Is here an easy way to move an existing cloud API config/integration to the local API? Or do I have to remove it completely and create a new integration?

1 Like

Exactly the same question here! :raising_hand_man:

I just deleted the cloud one and re-added the local one. I didnt have to do much more, all the new entities took up their old name, so I didn’t need to modify any of my automations.

1 Like

Hope this is still on topic, but does this also work with the IO verrsion?
I’m looking to buy 4 rollershades and looking to control these via automations locally?

Yes this works all locally. I have RS100 io cover motors and they work perfectly local with the tahoma switch.

Hey guys,

I have the following problem with the local API to control my Tahoma Switch.

I used the cloud API for a while and wanted to switch to the (now a core feature) local API.
I got the PIN-Code, Tahome Switch is in Dev Mode, credentials are correct (tested on somfy webpage). But is neither working for the .local nor the IP (with SSL off) way?!
For each scenario a get a “Connection failed” message without any further information.

What am I missing? I really appreciate your work and help here!!!

1 Like

I’m using The Overkiz integration for my garage door and Awning cover. I’m also using the Homekit bridge function so I see these devices in my Apple Home. For some reason, the Awning cover is seen as ‘open’ , but it’s closed. My garage door has the correct status , closed if it’s closed.

Does anyone know if this is a issue with the overkiz implementation, or the homekit bridge integration?

seeing that on a regular base with my garage door, (open while being closed) and only happening after it actually has been open.

closing it (even though closed in real life already) fixed the state in that case immediately

btw this is with the core integration, not any experimental.

The same issue here

Hi, how can I change the address of the used hub? I would like to change it from name to IP.