Philips Hue: Unable to find bridge

What error?

Same issue here.

I add the integration, and it immediately tries to autodiscover without asking for a host…
My Hue bridge being on another VLAN, I need to be able to specify a host for the autodiscovery to work !
Why won’t it ask for it ? (with the same HA version, it seems to work at a friend’s house : it immediately asks for a host before trying to autodiscover…)

Has anyone solved this issue yet as it’s still occurring for me?

Hue works via its own app and via Alexa. Tried the following but still no luck:

• Upgraded HA to latest version
  • Powered off Hue Hub over night
  • Installed latest firmware settings in the Hue app
  • Performed factory reset of Hue Hub

Running HA on Ubuntu as a docker container.

So what do you see in the ui when you try to add hue per this post. Philips Hue: Unable to find bridge - #17 by nickrout

@nickrout I get the following if I try and add it through the Add Integration button on the official integration docs or if I add it via Devices and Services within my HA Instance

Just an FYI, I manage to solve this issue. I had stupidly restarted my 2nd router which the Hue is connected to, this meant it wasn’t on the same network as my server which is running HA in a containerised environment. Moving this to my main router solved the issue

I had same troubles. HA found Hue bridge’s IP but did not connect. Finally I did hard reset to the bridge and also noticed that there could have been some physical trouble with the bridges switch, had to push it really hard. But yes, I, a rookie with HA, finally got it working.

Same issue as the OP here, autodiscover reports “Unable to discover Hue bridges”. With no option other than to CLOSE the integration configuration.

I’m trying to integrate a hue bridge on another VLAN, so I’m not actually expecting autodiscover to find the bridge.
I would simply like to input the host IP of the bridge during the configuration flow for the integration.

As an example, when configuring the 3 Day Blinds integration, if the IP address is not set, auto-discovery is used.

Has this been possible in the past for Hue? Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-10-30 001806

Docker
Home Assistant 2023.10.5
Frontend 20231005.0

I moved the hue bridge onto the same VLAN as my HA.
The integration now autodiscovers the bridge and it can be configured either with the discovered IP or manually. I selected the discovered IP.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 032246

I then moved the bridge back to the desired VLAN and edited the hue IP in the host section of
config/.storage/core.config_entries

So, there’s an issue with the config flow, I’m unable to “Manually add a Hue bridge”, prior to autodiscovery.
I hope this helps others and that a fix can be added.

1 Like

If you want a fix to be added, you need to lodge a github issue.

If you have two bridges, is it not possible to make it work? i am having the same problem and have two bridges.

For anyone ending up here not finding an answer. I had issues with hue, removed the itegration, tried to add id back but it didn’t work. I had previously set the ip adres of my hub manually. When I removed this in the hue app and set it back to DHCP, it worked perfectly and the integration was detected…