Philips Hue: Unable to find bridge

Nopes. Haven’t had much time to dig too deep.

I might spin up a new HA instance on a virtual machine just to see if it fins the bridge. We’ll see.

1 Like

Hi,

Exactly same issue here, been following this. Any progress on your side?

1 Like

Me too: exactly same problem in September 2022.
Everything is at last version/firmware, both HA on RPi and Hue bridges (2). One bridge had been found and works, another had been initially found, then started failing to connect. I try deleting it, so to re-add it after… but now it’s not anymore discoverable.
I tried everything. I’d rather not reset my principal bridge (the one not working) 'cos I’ve over 30 Hue lights + accessories and lots of scenes…
Anything new?
Did you, @PaleSkinnySwede, solve the issue?
Many thanks

Wow. Without doing anything to my two Hue bridges and related network addresses, after my last HA update to 2022.9.4 (from 9.1)… as a miracle HA rediscovered my disappeared bridge.
Boh… in any case… problem auto-solved :slight_smile:
Hopefully it will last ok.

hello, problems here too.
first in nodered (it crashed) and now, after updating to 2022.10.4, the bridge can no longer be found… no more hue component available… Alexa and GoogleHome, as well as Smartthings, however, have no problems. ewelink app also finds all HUE elements…

Please help

You can add the Hue integration manually if it is not discovered. From Open your Home Assistant instance and show your integrations. click + then type philips, then click on hue, then type the ip address of your Hue hub. Proceed from there.

Hello,
it had nothing to do with “integration” itself. It is working. There were problems with “Bridge” and “devices” added after “integration”. and in NodeRed. Somehow “NodeRed Hue” + “integration HUE” don’t “get along”.
But I left the alleged “wrong bridge” because it doesn’t work otherwise and had to uninstall “HUE integration in NodeRed”.

This thread isn’t about Node Red. I suggest you post in the Node red section Node-RED - Home Assistant Community

Hi guys,

I am having the same issue. deleted the integration, now trying to re-add it … but it is giving an error at the end when it asks to press the button on the bridge to link the integration

What error?

Same issue here.

I add the integration, and it immediately tries to autodiscover without asking for a host…
My Hue bridge being on another VLAN, I need to be able to specify a host for the autodiscovery to work !
Why won’t it ask for it ? (with the same HA version, it seems to work at a friend’s house : it immediately asks for a host before trying to autodiscover…)

Has anyone solved this issue yet as it’s still occurring for me?

Hue works via its own app and via Alexa. Tried the following but still no luck:

• Upgraded HA to latest version
  • Powered off Hue Hub over night
  • Installed latest firmware settings in the Hue app
  • Performed factory reset of Hue Hub

Running HA on Ubuntu as a docker container.

So what do you see in the ui when you try to add hue per this post. Philips Hue: Unable to find bridge - #17 by nickrout

@nickrout I get the following if I try and add it through the Add Integration button on the official integration docs or if I add it via Devices and Services within my HA Instance

Just an FYI, I manage to solve this issue. I had stupidly restarted my 2nd router which the Hue is connected to, this meant it wasn’t on the same network as my server which is running HA in a containerised environment. Moving this to my main router solved the issue

I had same troubles. HA found Hue bridge’s IP but did not connect. Finally I did hard reset to the bridge and also noticed that there could have been some physical trouble with the bridges switch, had to push it really hard. But yes, I, a rookie with HA, finally got it working.

Same issue as the OP here, autodiscover reports “Unable to discover Hue bridges”. With no option other than to CLOSE the integration configuration.

I’m trying to integrate a hue bridge on another VLAN, so I’m not actually expecting autodiscover to find the bridge.
I would simply like to input the host IP of the bridge during the configuration flow for the integration.

As an example, when configuring the 3 Day Blinds integration, if the IP address is not set, auto-discovery is used.

Has this been possible in the past for Hue? Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-10-30 001806

Docker
Home Assistant 2023.10.5
Frontend 20231005.0

I moved the hue bridge onto the same VLAN as my HA.
The integration now autodiscovers the bridge and it can be configured either with the discovered IP or manually. I selected the discovered IP.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 032246

I then moved the bridge back to the desired VLAN and edited the hue IP in the host section of
config/.storage/core.config_entries

So, there’s an issue with the config flow, I’m unable to “Manually add a Hue bridge”, prior to autodiscovery.
I hope this helps others and that a fix can be added.

1 Like

If you want a fix to be added, you need to lodge a github issue.