Platinum Weather Card support

Anyone got any ideas? I’m using the Bureau of Meterrology integration to get the data and feeding the card:

I can’t see what else would be causing the icons to not show up.

Sorry can only post one pic.

I am relatively new to Home Assistant. I have just installed the Platinum Weather Card and it looks great! The one issue I am having is the display of the icon at the top that shows the current weather. Instead of the icon it just shows an exclamation mark icon with mdi:weather-sunny underneath it. Refer below:

Any ideas of the issue?

Thank you all in advance.

Take a look at your configuration (in YAML) and see if it has something like entity_forecast_icon: weather.my_weather

Yes, it is referring to an entity from the BOM.

entity_forecast_icon: sensor.north_adelaide_mdi_icon_0

Changing it to Weather.Forecast_home, the icon now works, but assume this is now not looking at BOM data.

Looking at the history, the Weather.Forecast_home changes between states like “Sunny”, “Cloudy”, “Rainy” etc.

The sensor.north_adelaide_mdi_icon_0 changes between states like “mdi:weather-sunny”, “mdi:weather-rainy”.

Is the issue it not being able to find the icons based on the above descriptions?

It maybe the name entity_forecast_icon (emphasis on “icon”) that is confusing, but the card is getting the “state” of the entity configured by entity_forecast_icon and then uses this state (sunny, rainy, cloudy, etc) to figure out which SVG file (i.e. icon) is to be displayed. There are several SVG files that come with the pwc card and there is an option to use a URL to point to your own SVG files, but as far as I know, the entity_forecast_icon is not intended to be an icon.

correct - it is just the weather to use for the main icon.

I’m in Pymble, and so mine is set to pymble_icon_descriptor_0 which currently has the state of “shower”.

@npkamen and @jxe - the exclamation mark here typically means the card can’t find the matching weather svg.

Depending on the browser you are using, can you “inspect” the icon and see what URL it has?

On my system the URL is http://server/hacsfiles/platinum-weather-card/a-rainy-1-day.svg which translates to a file in /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/www/community/platinum-weather-card/

After a recent update (I honestly don’t know which, probably Pirate Weather, my weather data source), my precipitation accumulation is showing 11 digits after the decimal… which is pretty good, considering it’s barely accurate to one digit before the decimal:

There doesn’t appear to be an option within the card to truncate or round or set the number of decimals to display; that option exists only for temps and rainfall in the slots.

I glanced through the code, and I agree that there isn’t a configuration option available for this.
The only option I can think of would be to use a template sensor and use the round(2) function.

You should be able to set the display precision for the sensor entity.

eg:

How’s that look in YAML? I have some styling code that prevents me from using the UI. I guess I can just create a dummy card next time I get in front of my PC.

It’s not. This is only in the UI from what I understand. Just go to dev tools > states and open up the sensor dialogue popup.

Hi All,

Is this card still active as there hasn’t been any action on github for 2 years. I’m finding that the card no longer displays the sunrise and sunset times with the new sun2 integration in HA.

Ohh, I see. I was on my phone looking at that image… that’s just the entity settings screen. Yeah, I’ve tried that and it doesn’t actually change the value of the sensor, which is what’s displayed (in the raw) in this card.

Is the “sun2” a custom integration?
Anyway, just glancing through the code, the PWC appears to model the requirements after the HA “sun” entity as the PWC requires that the configured entity have attributes: next_rising and next_setting.

Yes it is a custom integration, it appears not to have the same attributes, I may need to sit and work out how to create the relevant sensor, or just leave both integrations there for now.

https://github.com/pnbruckner/ha-sun2

All the config options are valid in yaml as well as GUI. You can see the yaml even while you are configuring the card - it’s the code button or something like that.

It’s still supported and works fine. If you are having problems with certain data, check the configuration and make sure the sensors exist and are providing data.

I wasn’t referring the configuring the card. I was talking about trying to change the Precision of the sensor display to remove decimal places in my replay to DeltaNu1142

but that is just a config option and can be done in yaml. There is nothing you can do in the config of the card in the GUI you can’t do in yaml

OK, so please show @DeltaNu1142 how to get rid of his zero’s.