Power Flow Card Plus 🚀

I just discovered and added this card today. Looks good.

Had to choose which two additional loads to include, settled on our second dwelling and our water heater. Could easily add other large consumers, such as aircon or mancave/shed. I have two solar PV systems, a larger grid-tied system and a smaller off-grid system, with power for each shown.

Edit - added my CO2 Signal as well.

I have created a sensor for net energy consumption:

• platform: template
    sensors:
    grid_electricity_consumption_net:
    value_template: “{{ (states(‘sensor.solax_today_s_import_energy’)|float - states(‘sensor.solax_today_s_export_energy’)|float)|round(3) }}”
    unit_of_measurement: “kWh”
    In a usual card it shows both positiv and negativ value, but in the Power Distribution Card Plus it shows only positive value while when the value is negative it shows 0.

I used the combined entity configuration for positive and negative values:

I mean second info. What is your second info?

A post was split to a new topic: Fronius inverter energy consumption

I just discovered another card, called " Sunsynk / Deye / Inverter Power Flow Card" Sunsynk Power Flow Card.

The design is a bit different but it is more closely reflecting my solar power plant configuration and is highly configurable. However it requires some configuration and sometimes you’ll need to create own sensors e.g. for “Daily Grid Sell” or “Daily Solar” as the card only accepts kWh whereas my inverter returns Wh.

It was primarily designed for Sunsynk inverters but works very nice for other devices.

3 Likes

Hello,

is there any possibility to change which entity should be opened when “clickable_entities” is true? When I click the grid icon, it opens Grid export chart, however I want Grid import to be opened. Is it possible?

Thanks.

@WebSpyder, thanks for your post, I too found this, but having some challenges configuring it for Fronius. Maybe you can share your config and some of the entities used? Also how did you create “Daily Grid Sell” and “Daily Solar”?

High wgumaa,

some of the values I needed to calculate, others were readily available from my inverter or battery. My inverter gives me direct values for what I produce and sell to the grid (no need to do any calculation) as it meters consumption from and production to the grid as discrete values. I just needed to map the values to the paramters in the card. I’ll post my config later, as I’m quite busy at the moment.

1 Like

@WebSpyder Thanks, I am a bit new with all this solar so any help with the mapping is appreciated. I don’t understand all the entities.

People - I have recently started exporting with my powerwall at 5kW and the animation isn’t working properly in the way of illustrating a lot of energy moving from the battery to the grid.

Could this be a bug or an issue with scales? (as in, the animation being slow because it thinks 5kW is not a lot of power going through, when in this case it’s as much as the battery can put out)

thanks in advance!

I love the plugin and its visual approach to show where the energy comes from used in the house. What I like especially is that the ring around the house shows the share of the energy sources (solar/grid/battery).

Only pitty is, that this is only a snapshot of exactly “NOW”.What I am looking for is the data shown in the colored ring, but spread over time. I created a mockup to try out in excel.

I dont have yet my solar running … so I cant experiement in HA. Had to do it in Excel.

Have you guys came across a similar approach in HA here somwhere where I could dive into teh YAML and how its done?

If not … any Idea how this could be approached using lovelace cards?

I made soma assumptions on consumption and solar production.
This is how it could look like in Summer:

And this is how it could look like in Winter:

I hope you get the gist. Granularity could be hours … or even days.

Looking forward to some advice from you HA Ninjas.

This is exactly what Home Assistant’s standard built-in energy dashboard does:

Choose day, week, month, year, or even add a custom date picker with a special add on.

Clear. I want this graph promiently in my standard dashboard bc this is what displayed on a big screen in the living room. I dont want this on the extra energy panel. Can we easily recreate this graph in a dahsboard?

Yes you can, https://www.home-assistant.io/dashboards/energy/

1 Like

Guys, I have installed Power Flow Chard Plus and it works like a charm on my Browser on the PC. I have a Picture Frame which runs a Kiosk Browser. There the card will not show. What am I missing here?

This is in the Kiosk Browser

This is in the Laptop Browser:

High wgumaa,

my configuration looks like

type: custom:sunsynk-power-flow-card
cardstyle: full
panel_mode: false
large_font: true
show_solar: true
show_battery: true
card_height: 500px
title: Solar
title_size: 25px
decimal_places: 2
inverter:
  autarky: power
  auto_scale: false
battery:
  energy: 5180
  invert_power: false
  shutdown_soc: 7
  full_capacity: 96
  empty_capacity: 7
  show_daily: true
  animation_speed: 6
  max_power: 5180
solar:
  mppts: 1
  pv1_name: Roof
  max_power: 6100
  animation_speed: 6
load:
  auto_scale: true
  animation_speed: 4
  max_power: 10000
grid:
  show_daily_buy: true
  show_daily_sell: true
  show_nonessential: false
  inverter_grid: false
  auto_scale: true
  animation_speed: 20
  max_power: 10000
entities:
  day_battery_charge_70: sensor.daily_battery_charge
  day_battery_discharge_71: sensor.daily_battery_discharge
  day_load_energy_84: sensor.daily_load_kwh
  day_grid_import_76: sensor.daily_grid_buy_kwh
  day_grid_export_77: sensor.daily_grid_sell_kwh
  grid_connected_status_194: null
  inverter_status_59: null
  inverter_voltage_154: sensor.inverter_grid_voltage
  load_frequency_192: sensor.inverter_power_storage_grid_frequency
  inverter_current_164: sensor.inverter_inverter_current
  inverter_power_175: sensor.inverter_power_storage_inverter_ac_power
  grid_power_169: sensor.inverter_power_storage_grid_power
  pv1_power_186: sensor.inverter_power_storage_generator_a_power
  battery_voltage_183: sensor.inverter_power_storage_battery_voltage
  battery_soc_184: sensor.inverter_power_storage_battery_state_of_charge
  day_pv_energy_108: sensor.daily_solar_kwh
  battery_power_190: sensor.inverter_power_storage_battery_power
  battery_current_191: sensor.inverter_power_storage_battery_current
  grid_ct_power_172: sensor.inverter_power_storage_grid_power
  pv1_voltage_109: sensor.inverter_power_storage_generator_a_voltage
  pv1_current_110: sensor.inverter_pv1_current
  remaining_solar: sensor.solcast_forecast_remaining_today
  battery_temp_182: sensor.inverter_power_storage_battery_temperature

Most of the values come directly form my solar devices. The following sensor I needed to calculate:

• daily_battery_charge (as utility meter)
  • daily_battery_discharge (as utility meter)
    All as template sensors:
  • sensor.daily_solar_kwh
  • sensor.daily_load_kwh
  • sensor.daily_grid_buy_kwh
  • sensor.daily_grid_sell_kwh
  • sensor.inverter_pv1_current
  • sensor.inverter_grid_voltage
  • sensor.inverter_inverter_current
    The sensors ending with _kwh were neccessary, because my inverter only returns wh.

An example for the template sensor for grid_sell:

- sensor:
    - name: "Daily Grid Sell kWh"
      unit_of_measurement: kWh
      state: |
        {{ (states('sensor.inverter_power_storage_grid_energy_production_day') | float ) / 1000 | round(3) }} 

Daily solar is provided by the solcast integration (sensor.solcast_forecast_remaining_today).

Some of the calculated values may not be exactly correct, as I tried to calculate them from provided values from my inverter like ampere, voltage or watt.

Hope it will help you.
Maybe you should check, what values are provided by your photovoltaic system and reading the manual for sunsynk-power-flow-card

1 Like

Your configuration doesn’t belong here, it’s a different energy card.

I pretty well know that, however, I was asked and politeness and respect for others made me publish my config here. Pls. feel free to move it to the correct section.

1 Like

Just create your own thread.