Power Flow Card Plus šŸš€

Is there a way to put the in front of the value? This would be good for currency symbols. Iā€™m displaying the cost as a secondary data.

@flixlixlix This is really awesome card :clap: :clap: :clap: Its so sleek. However, when I opened HAS in my iPhone13max, I get this error: Custom element doesnā€™t exist: power-flow-card-plus. Looks like it is a known issue for Iphone/Ipad? Old ipad - 'custom element doesn't exist'

EDIT: I restarted HAS app on my phone and now it is working, no more errors. It took a while for the render to come out.

Hello, Iā€™m trying to use it fix but I donā€™t know how, I installed the beta version but I canā€™t see the preview because of entities array error.
As you donā€™t have the instructions to manually install it, and I installed the custom-card with HACS, can you help me installing your fix? I tried to just overwrite card-mod.js but it didnā€™t worked.
Thanks

Replying to myself here because Iā€™ve been continuing to troubleshoot, but have not yet found a solution.

Is anyone using this card successfully with a Tesla Powerwall integration with solar? If so, could you share how you got it show the information accurately?

As I showed in my previous post, Iā€™m regularly getting readings from Grid to Battery although my system ONLY charges that way during severe weather events. Iā€™ve adjusted my configuration from a few custom sensors from the Tesla Style Card that separated out production and consumption to the combined sensors from the Tesla Powerwall integration. While it seems to be accurate most of the time, I do find it regularly showing Grid to Battery. I also noticed that the sensor.powerwall_site_now entity will report both 0.0xx values for positive and negative even though my home is being powered directly by solar and battery, so Iā€™m wondering if thatā€™s causing some of these issues since it should be at zero during those times. Any suggestions?

type: custom:power-flow-card-plus
entities:
  battery:
    state_of_charge: sensor.powerwall_charge_actual
    entity: sensor.powerwall_battery_now
    display_state: one_way_no_zero
    display_zero_tolerance: 20
  grid:
    entity: sensor.powerwall_site_now
    power_outage:
      entity: binary_sensor.grid_status
      state_alert: 'off'
    secondary_info:
      template: '{{ states(''sensor.site_energy_usage_daily'') | round(1) }} kWh'
    display_state: one_way_no_zero
    color_circle: true
    use_metadata: false
    display_zero_tolerance: 99
  solar:
    entity: sensor.powerwall_solar_now
    display_zero_state: true
    use_metadata: false
    display_zero_tolerance: 10
    secondary_info:
      template: '{{ states(''sensor.solar_production_daily'') | round(1) }} kWh'
  home:
    entity: sensor.powerwall_load_now
    secondary_info:
      template: '{{ states(''sensor.load_energy_import_daily'') | round(1) }} kWh'
  individual1:
    entity: sensor.emporiavue2_total_fcsp_power
    icon: mdi:car-pickup
    secondary_info:
      unit_of_measurement: '%'
      entity: sensor.bluey_battery_level
    name: Bluey
    calculate_flow_rate: true
    display_zero: true
  individual2:
    entity: sensor.direct_wire_indoor_outdoor_smart_switch_electric_production_w
    secondary_info:
      entity: sensor.dayman_battery_level
      unit_of_measurement: '%'
    icon: mdi:car-sports
    name: DayMan
    color_icon: false
    calculate_flow_rate: true
    show_direction: false
    inverted_animation: false
    color_value: false
    display_zero_state: false
  fossil_fuel_percentage:
    icon: mdi:home-export-outline
    display_zero_state: false
    name: Export
    state_type: power
    secondary_info:
      template: '{{ states(''sensor.solar_energy_exported_to_dte'') | round(1) }} kWh'
    display_zero_tolerance: 0
    unit_white_space: true
    entity: sensor.powerwall_site_export
clickable_entities: true
display_zero_lines:
  mode: hide
  transparency: 50
  grey_color:
use_new_flow_rate_model: true
w_decimals: 0
kw_decimals: 1
min_flow_rate: 0.75
max_flow_rate: 6
max_expected_power: 2000
min_expected_power: 0.01
watt_threshold: 1000
transparency_zero_lines: 0

Iā€™m having issue where house load is not showing correctly, instead it is showing all power going to home while also showing going to grid. Have I missed something?

entities:
  battery:
    entity: sensor.sofar_battery_power
    state_of_charge: sensor.sofar_battery_soc
    invert_state: true
    name: BATTERY
  grid:
    entity: sensor.myenergi_eddi_14039197_grid_ct2
  solar:
    entity: sensor.combined_output
    name: SOLAR
    unit_of_measurement: w
  individual2:
    entity: sensor.washing_machine_current_power
    icon: mdi:washing-machine
    color: '#80b8ff'
    name: Washing
  individual1:
    entity: sensor.myenergi_eddi_14039197_internal_load_ct1
    icon: mdi:water-boiler
    color: '#80b8ff'
    name: HOT WATER
  fossil_fuel_percentage:
    entity: sensor.co2_signal_grid_fossil_fuel_percentage
    icon: mdi:leaf
    color_icon: true
    name: Low Carbon
    state_type: power
display_zero_lines: true
min_flow_rate: 3
max_expected_power: 9000
  `

My solar power goes only to the battery (no matter if the house is powered by the grid, or by the inverter), is there a way to eliminate completely the curved leg that goes from Solar to Home, and leave only the straight one from Solar to Battery?

If your home is being powered by the inverter it is being powered by solar.

Not directly, the solar will only charge the battery, the house (actually only a portion of it) is powered by the battery (and the inverter). Even without any solar power, the house will continue to receive energy (from the battery/inverter), on the other side, if the battery runs out it cannot be powered directly from solar power (itā€™s off-grid).
So that leg in my case is redundant, not only visually, but even doing the calculations of the consumption: the wattage produced by the solar system is being added to ā€œHomeā€ and then being added again within whatā€™s provided by the battery, so I had to create another sensor to subtract itā€¦ but that leg (visually) remains.
Thereā€™s no connection between the two, the ā€œcableā€ (as you visually imagine it) goes only from the solar panels to the battery.

Which goes to your inverter which goes to your house. So solar is consumed by your house.

I donā€™t want to be ā€œredundantā€ (lol), but my ā€œhouseā€ (again, a portion of it) is using (directly) the batteries not the solar (alone): the batteries are being charged by the grid as well. So by that default scheme it looks like that Iā€™m powering the house directly by the solar panels, thatā€™s not the case, the solar panels are only contributing to recharge the battery.

This is my current (real) schematics:

Seems to be an error with mine in that if solar is producing it shows the house is consuming all of it (which it it is not) as well as showing most of it to grid. Very frustrating as spent days trying to rectify but continues to happen.
Any help greatly appreciated

Very nice job on creating this card! Hard to use for a beginner but it is worth it!

One question though:
I created a new dashboard and added the card.
How do i get the gas meter in it?
On the energy dashboard i can easily add this bubble but i canā€™t figure out how to get it in my new one.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Kudos, really nice card. Some requested to have more then two ā€œindividualā€ entities - I am fine with the two, but would like to have those two be choosen dynamically: I would like to have a list of individual entities from which the top two consumers are shown on the card ā€¦

I was thinking about a workaround, but coiuld not figure out a solution to populate the individual1 and individual2 objects in the card from another source ā€¦

Same issue here with an iPad Air 2 running iOS 12. Have resetted everything, itā€™s been like this for a week now. Works fine on all other platforms.

Hello, someone can help me pls.

How can is setup the outgoing electricity (watt) and is it possible to show under SOLAR the Volt ?
THX

solar

entities:
  battery:
    entity: sensor.victron_solarcharger_yield_power_239
    state_of_charge: sensor.victron_battery_soc_238
    invert_state: true
    name: BATTERY
  solar:
    entity: sensor.victron_solarcharger_yield_power_239
    name: SOLAR
    unit_of_measurement: w
display_zero_lines: true
min_flow_rate: 3
max_expected_power: 2000
transparency_zero_lines: 0

Hi,

Iā€™ve just gone to edit my power flow card plus to add an individual entity and HA wonā€™t let me use the visual editor. Itā€™s giving this weird error at the bottom of the YAML:

Even if I uninstall the component, restart HA, re-install, it always gives that error!

Problem appeared with v0.1.5, was not fixed by updating to v0.1.7 nor by removing and re-installing the component.

Any idea what could be causing that?

My YAML - hereā€™s a really minimal version that I tried, displays the card with solar, battery and home entities, but still gets the error:

entities:
  battery:
    entity: sensor.solar_battery_power
    unit_of_measurement: kW
  solar:
    entity: sensor.solar_ac_power
    unit_of_measurement: kW

Hi @flixlixlix, first thanks for this beautifull product, I have a question/request to you, I am Using Victron energy system in a fifth wheel trailer to manage all my power.

Actually, the system is designed so ALL power either from the grid or solar is directed to batteries then it is redirected either to CA or DC devices.

Actually, I canā€™t find a way to show all grid power going to battery instead of the house and same for solar, I canā€™t find a way to send all producted energy to the batteries, is it me that is missing somehting in configuration or is the plugin not built to do so ?

If the plugin is not configured to do so, would that be something youā€™d consider in a future version ?

Would it be possible to also split house in 2 separates entities; AC, DC ? (this is a nice to have)

thanks for reading me

Hi @heinemannj , I stumbled upon your post Googling and actually have the exact same need.
I want to use the powerflow plus card, not the standard energy card because I want to display a combination of power and energy. So at the grid I want to display Energy in kWh not power in kW, but like you I have the same problem. Although the entities I entered in the grid are in kWh and I add
unit_of_measurement: kWh
in the card code, it still shows as kW.

I am a bit of a HA novice, how did you solve this in the end? Thank you.

got the same

This is a great job! Greatly and easily configurable. Looks amazing on HA dashboard.
Itā€™s critical that you set up the right entities to see it working perfectly.
I love the fact that I can get finally just one card to summarize all my loads and production.
It would be nice to have additional loads showing into the card to add even more granularity but so far itā€™s the best one I found.
Thanks for developing it and congratulation for the great job you have done.

2 Likes