Power Flow Card Plus šŸš€

I donā€™t know which value are the correct ones.
Iā€™ve got a solaredge inverter and also a solaredge battery.
At the grid Iā€™ve used solaredge imported and expored energy.
At battery Iā€™ve used under consumption solaredge Consumed energy (but value now is 8.8kw), at production Iā€™ve set imported energy. But I donā€™t know if the solar panels power will be added.
And I havenā€™t used 8.8kw now there is still 68% battery leftā€¦

Youā€™ve asked it a while back and I do not see an answer. Maybe you already found out. But kWh is energy, not power. That makes a difference. So you need the corresponding energy flow card:

It seems like energy and power are confused. W or kW is power. That is what happens at a specific instant, not a summation over a period of time. That is energy, expressed in kWh (notice the h, for hours).

When you say overnight, you seem to be talking about a summation of used energy since the start of the day, not the actual power value at a specific moment in the night, say 04:23:48 for instance. Are you sure the sensor used is W or kW? Does it go to 0 when thereā€™s no consumption, or does it stop counting up?

8kW is quite a lot. My car charger pulls 11kW, an electric oven would be somewhere like 3kW when heating.

This is a power flow card, not an energy distribution card.

If you want to show power flows, then the primary entities used with this card need to be power values, not energy values.

If you wish to show energy distribution then you can use the standard HA energy distribution card:

in the new 2.0 i cant change anything regarding the new 4 individual - cant change name, cant add unit, cant add secondary info, niether in visual nor code editor! :person_gesturing_no: hope the next version is around the corner!

can template used in entity field?

how do you disable the dots? I also have troubles with animation I think

Use the beta version.

which is the command? Canā€™t find the beta documentaion

Itā€™s in the advanced settings.

1 Like

+1
Had you had luck figuring this out? How to add more consumption utilities.

3 Likes

Is there a way to make the secondary info get updates with dates for the energy-flow card?
As you see I have primary date as kWh, and I use cost as the secondary. Going through the history the kWh updates to historic data, but my costs remain the same.
energy_flow.mp4 [video-to-gif output image]

Quick question, how do I install updates to the power flow chart plus? Just do a (re)install via the install wget process?

Is that real or a mockup? Iā€™d very much like to add 2-3 more items, to display in total:

• EV
  • water heater
  • ducted aircon
  • cottage (second dwelling)
  • mancave/shed

Hi, trying to get it run, would need some help please.
Do not have a summery power value for all phases on EM24, is it possible to do a ā€œaddā€? L1+L2+L3

You need to create a template sensor to do the addition. Full details here.

1 Like

made it, was easier than expected :+1:

1 Like

Wowā€¦ great card! I live off-grid so donā€™t have the grid circle showing which leaves a big empty area on the left side of the card. Is there any way to relocate the battery circle to where the grid is to give it a more balanced look? Love it!

used a helper to sum L1/L2/L3 power, this is negative - my battery provides power
in the flow it is opposit, is thinks it cosumes the power, how do I turn the direction? Thx!
or how do I multiply witth ā€œ-1ā€ ?

• found, invert state, that easy :slight_smile:
1 Like

Hi, Thank you so much for all your hard work. I am using the official 7 inch RPI display (with a RPI5) to show your card in kiosk mode. It looks great if I am say 1M away but I wanted to have it in my lounge and be able to read it from the sofa, thatā€™s 3 to 4 meters distance. Currently I can see the power flow but cannot read the numbers. Could you think of a design for a 7 inch RPI display with larger numbers. It can have far shorter distances between the elements (less line length)
Thanks