Push Notifications now available!

Should I be able to use the slider for push notifications on my profile page, or are they enabled by default when using the mobile app?

The slider is for HTML5 notifications. NOT the android notifications. Android push notifications are already enabled.

I had to clear the cache and storage in the app before it would show up.

I’ve cleared cache and storage several times, deleted the device and integration entries, and rebooted HA countless times, but I’m not seeing an android app notification service. Appreciate the info about the slider. I can stop being bothered that it’s grayed out. HA 0.103.0 with “mobile_app:” in the config.

you need “mobile_app:” or “default_config:” in your configuration.yaml

Did anybody manage to attach a foto to the notification as mentioned in on reddit and in the beginning of this thread?

I will state again, that this works. Yes.

As a new commer to home assistant, can someone tell me what app this is.
A link would be great.

Thanks

ok, I got the example working WITH foto. But I am not able to attach a local snapshot of my security-camera.

I guess, it’s just a reference and you can not attach binary data. makes sense

Are /local images working for anyone?

Reinstall the app. it will fix it.

Thx, yeah, just made it for me

That was it!!! Thanks! Works great

Your HA instance will need to be accessible publicly

Is there a way to view past notifications?

I wish there were. I downloaded an app called recent notifications a while back that helps in that regard.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll have to check that app out.

If you use a launcher like Nova launcher you can have a shortcut to an activity under system -> notification log

That worked for me, thank you!

As flamingm0e said, for now you need to pass in an externally accessible web url. E.g., yourhome.duckdns.org/local/camera_snapshots/leftcamera.jpg).

Works great for now, but hopefully images in notifications will eventually be fully expandable.