Reolink POE IP Camera Setup

Now I see: 5 April 2023, at 12:00 PDT / 21:00 CEST

Just under 5 hours to go

quick reply messages also available! love it!

n/m the rest of this message :wink:

Installed and works great!

I did have to do a 2nd reboot after the upgrade.

After the initial upgrade reboot I saw this message:

Events were still being lost. One more reboot and all seems to be fine.

Same here, and Iā€™ve rebooted a few times. That URL IS reachable from inside my LAN.

@Scope666 Intresting, which model of camera are you using?
Is the reolink camera in the same VLAN as the HomeAssistant device at 192.168.1.200?
Could you enable debug logging for the reolink integration, restart HomeAssistant, generate some motion in front of the ā€œUnderDeckā€ camera, wait a few minutes, disable debug logging and post the results in a issue at github?
I would like to see if the camera is pushing ONVIF messages to the webhook when there is motion.

One camera is in a different VLAN, I can try moving it to the same LAN as HAā€¦

ā€œUnderDeckā€ is in the same LAN, but itā€™s a newer model than the others: RLC-510WA. - My others are
RLC-410W

The 510 has a lot more bells and whistles.

LOGS: https://controlc.com/e410ca4b

I have a question about my 3 Reolink cameraā€™s in HA. I had already 2 RLC-510A cameras and today installed a new RLC-810A. The streams for the 2 510Aā€™s worked pretty smooth in my HA instance. However after adding the 810A it all seems to be a bit difficult. Sometimes only 1 stream loads, sometimes 2, but at times also none. A preview is shown in most cases, but its not possible to see the stream within HA. When looking in the Reolink app all streams seem to work just fine. Iā€™ve tried using both the RTSP and RTMP streams just to see if there is any difference, but havenā€™t noticed it.

It makes me wonder if the hardware on which I am running HA could possibly be the limitation at this point (Rpi 4, 4gb)?

Anybody an idea in which direction I should be looking further?

1 Like

I had the same ā€œwebhook URL unreachableā€ even though I have an accessible local http internal_url set. I went looking for a solution, but no luck. After a restart or two, the camera was available and I could ā€œignoreā€ the warning.

Hello, I have the same thing for zoon E1

the cameras are on the same network

1 Like

I am just guessing but I think the duo 2 is incorrectly looking for separate left and right lenses like the duo 1 does.

Raised an issue here: Reolink Duo 2 is only a single "lens" stream Ā· Issue #17 Ā· starkillerOG/reolink_aio Ā· GitHub

@SgtBatten True, will fix that

Hi, wondering if I am missing some functionality (I have the same issue with webhooks) of this integration or just understanding the meaning of certain switches incorrectly. When trying for example to enable or disable push notifications the change takes place in HA, but it is not reflected on the mobile app (iOS) - should it be? Or are they a separete things? If they are, what push notifications do we control through this integration?

Have been looking for a way to turn of push notifications in the app under certain conditions but so far no luck. Workaround would be to disable them altogether and then just enable some other type of push notification that I can control. But what I like about the Reolink appā€™s own push notifications is that I can click it to see a live view directly in the appā€¦

Same for me, all switches - Push, Record, FTP does nothing in Reolink app. And no error in the log either so not sure what Iā€™m missing.

Well well, it seems I still had the ā€œoldā€ HACS integration active with this camera. Now after I deleted it, it started working. When I disable push notifications in HA, it gets disabled in the app. And vice versa :+1:

edit: not vice versa, if I change it in the app it is not reflected in HA. I guess this is expected as I remember reading (ages ago) something about the app setting being specific for the device. But you should still be able to enable or disable it on general level. After I fiddled with it on the app, I was not able to get it work from HA for a few minutes. Now it works again. So I guess I need to leave as it is in the app and just control through HAā€¦

@odelma, This will improve once this PR New channel switches for Rec, Push, Buzzer, Email, FTP by starkillerOG Ā· Pull Request #26907 Ā· home-assistant/home-assistant.io Ā· GitHub gets approved and merged, then there will be switches for each channel of the NVR.
The status in HA will sync every 60 seconds, so if you make a change in the app, you need to wait up to 60 seconds for HA to reflect the change.

@Zinken, the reolink app does not update automatically, to see the changes, you have to go back to the camera view and then back into the settings to get the new status of the settings, then the app will show the changes.

If you appreciate the reolink integration and want to support its development, besides sponsering the upstream library. It is now also possible to purchase Reolink products through this affiliate link.

1 Like

Yeah that much I understand, but it was still not reflected in the app.
Now itā€™s working though, not sure if latest HA version fixed it or something else. Was mostly surprised that nothing was showing in the log when it seemed to be unable to communicate with the camera.

I"m very interested in the Reolink Duo Floodlight PoE. Specs look great and meet my requirements. With the latest HA builds is Reolink streaming and real time even notification sensors rock solid? How about object detection? Is setting up motion-based NVR clip storage easy? Iā€™d also like to stream to Homekit via HA or Scrypted. Are there better camera solutions that have a similar feature set?

Thank you for your work!

What about detection area? I set it in Reolink app, but Reolink integration doesnā€™t recognize it: HA sends notification of a person motion even if that person is out of detection area.