I intending to install a customized internet access point and home automation system at my mother of law’s cabine.
The reason is that her current system is broken and a replacement is ridiculously expensive.
Moreover, she was used to having a second home internet connection offered by her ISP of her main home for not little money plus a fixed-line plan.
The fixed-line was necessary as the old system was controlled by calling the fixed-line.
This is obsolete now as she is on a very decent mobile data plan.
She could go the usuals way for a non-techy and upgrade the current system to work via wifi and mobile internet but is that hell-like expensive and will cause following-up costs.
So I told her that there are reasonable prices alternative using e.g.
- a Raspberry or similar
- plus automation hardware
- low-cost mobile plan
I hope that you folks can give me some bits of advice on the components than if anything goes wrong with that system I’m going to burn in hell .
This is the current hardware what is installed including the hardware that needs to be replaced (partially):
- electrical heater 1000 W, model ATLANTIC SOLIUS 510312, there is a manual but in French the most important is this illustration
Thermor wall mounted boiler what is self-regulating
- ADSL modem
- DELTA DORE home automation
As at least the DRIVER 520 is broken I want to replace the entire system and make it feature ready (video surveillance, medai server etc.).
I compete against the offer to replace it by the
- TYDOM 1.0 what is somehow reachable via web according to this youtube clip although it looks like to be designed for home use only. Details are in interogration
- three RF 6000 FP
My current idea of setup would be:
- raspberry pi B+
- 2G/4G modem
- 4G Antenna
- cheap sim 2€ / month includes 50 MB, unlimited national SMS, 2 hours national outbound talk, unlimited incoming calls, upgradeable to 100 GB and unlimited talk if staying longer
- home assistant
- 230 V relays to control the heaters
- 230 V relay to control the boiler
- WifFI extension either by a
- second access point
- WiFi extender
for indoor and outdoor coverage to allow outside installation IP cameras.
Moreover, I want to avoid to have low signal around that place to counter radiation exposure discussion.
- VLAN (home and guest wifi)
- Firewall allow internet access only when mobile plan allows it. (changed manually via Home Assitant command).
I still need to check if SMS is received after a plan change. This could allow automotive firewall profile change.
- alternating current source controlled by temperature measurement
- roller shutter control
- garage door control
- camera surveilance