Repository: Homebridge add-on

I have the same exact issue Freland. My iOS devices (10.3.3 and iOS 11 beta) won’t detect Home-bridge. I’ve have had no luck with the same approaches. Any other thoughts?

Hello! Me too. Homebridge running without any errors but unable to add it on Home app… It was working very well then suddenly all accessories were gone. Thanks.

I read somewhere that this has to do with avahi binding to ipv6, but not sure how to get into the container to fix the config file.

Thankfully I found this forum and this thread. I am also having this issue ever since upgraded to 0.50,before that it was working great. I’ve done the steps deleted the persist folder and gave it a new username but my iOS device still cannot find it. I hope there is a fix soon this is such a great feature and it worked so well when it was working.

I’ll add to the list of people who can’t get Homebridge working since the recent HASSIO updates. I’m running 0.5.2, no errors in home bridge log. Homebridge not showing as an accessory in the Home app so can’t add.

I’m guessing something broke somewhere? are you aware @olivierg?

Any news? We have real problems at home. I’m really thinking about whether I switch to openhab.

Maybe we should push for this plug-in to be officially supported by hass.io. Many people use Home Assistant with HomeBridge. By having it officially supported, they might do a little more testing before pushing updates.

2 Likes

Good idea. Ok, where can we cast our votes? I do not believe, however, that it comes into the official area, since the competition ratio is very large. Especially with IOS11, many things will change.

Look here: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/inside-the-betas-ios-11-homekit-adds-timers-multi-person-occupancy-support

I didn’t have much time this week, but I spent many hours today and can’t get it to work. I’ll continue investigating but cannot promise anything.

The problem seems to be that bonjour/zeroconf/avahi doesn’t work as expected. Any potential solutions are welcome :slight_smile:

@pvizeli, have you got any idea of what recently changed in hass.io or resinos that could cause Bonjour to stop working?

2 Likes

Well, just thinking out loud here but on top of Home-Assistant being updated in hass.io, there is also the Supervisor. Would that have anything to do with it?

Just wanna chime in. Using current hass.io with the plugin - can’t find it in iOS (current iPhone).

Did all potential solutions (changing name, deleting directory) - logs are fine, detects all assets it seems - just not discoverable.

As others have discussed above, Homebridge installed fine on latest HASS.io but not discoverable in HomeKit iOS11 Beta.

Everyone who is experiencing problems with discovery, make sure that your network config is correct and host network is actually working. Had same issue because of misconfigured host

1 Like

Hello! Could you please provide more information on how to do it with Hass.io? Thanks!

The easiest way to check if everything is ok is to install sever plugin for HB:

{
  "plugins": [
    "homebridge-server"
  ]
}

and add to config

"platforms": [
        {
    "platform": "Server", 
    "port": 9998, 
    "name": "HB Server"  
  }
]

Afterwards try to check if host_ip:998 is available. If no, you have some issues with network configuration: something is blocking host network. In my case it was issue with resin os network configuration.

1 Like

I’m having the same issues that everybody else is having with iOS 10.3.3 - homebridge starts up just fine but iOS never finds the homebridge “accessory”. I went through the homebridge-server setup that @vkorn suggested but no dice. I can get to IP:9998 just fine and the homebridge server config displays. However, still no luck with iOS finding the homebridge - still no accessory to add.

1 Like

Too bad. I was about to start doing the suggested procedure from @vkorn.

I think we will have to wait for @olivierg to take his time and investigate a bit more, if possible.

Thanks again!

I’m on iOS 10.3.2 and I have this problem also.

I have the same problem.
I can not connect to Homebridge in any way through the iOS app.
I hope the solution will be found soon

I have the same problem. This is the error I get from the log:

fs.js:303
  binding.open(pathModule._makeLong(path),
          ^
TypeError: path must be a string or Buffer
    at TypeError (native)
    at Object.fs.readFile (fs.js:303:11)
    at Server.handleRequest (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-server/index.js:485:27)
    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
    at Server.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at HTTPParser.parserOnIncoming [as onIncoming] (_http_server.js:546:12)
    at HTTPParser.parserOnHeadersComplete (_http_common.js:99:23)