Repository: NotoriousBDG Add-Ons (Node-RED, HA Bridge, and Gogs)

I installed a node-red module that and dragged one of those onto the flow.

Now my Node-Red crashes on launch instantly, how do I manage to remove that Node-Red Module on Hassio?
I’ve tried rebuilding, uninstalling and reinstalling but it’s still saved somewhere…

4 Feb 14:13:17 - [info] Starting flows
4 Feb 14:13:17 - [info] Started flows
4 Feb 14:13:19 - [red] Uncaught Exception:
4 Feb 14:13:19 - Error: spawn ping ENOENT
    at exports._errnoException (util.js:1018:11)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:193:32)
    at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:367:16)
    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:80:11)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)
npm info lifecycle [email protected]~start: Failed to exec start script
npm ERR! Linux 4.4.50
npm ERR! argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "start" "--" "--userDir" "/share/node-red"
npm ERR! node v6.11.0
npm ERR! npm  v3.10.10
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! [email protected] start: `node $NODE_OPTIONS node_modules/node-red/red.js -v $FLOWS "--userDir" "/share/node-red"`
npm ERR! Exit status 1

Not to certain how to fix this but would be great if someone has any ideas?

To manually remove the node, you’ll have to ssh to the host os (not the ssh add-on). Then use docker commands to start a bash shell inside the node-red container.

If you just want to start over, stop the add-on, delete /share/node-red, then start the add-on.

So perhaps I should find this info elsewhere - but.

Say I’ve managed to SSH to the host os. What are the commands (I’m not super familiar with docker).
But I can list all the docker containers that are running and see their Container IDs.

Would you/anyone be able to help me with the procedures to acheive what I need?

So now I would be grateful for some help. I’ve succesfully rebuilt the Node-red addon to get to the newest version.

Now I need to edit the options-section to enable versioning and I’m stuck trying to figure out what to add.

Hi,

I’m trying to update the node-red-contrib-home-assistant module to the latest version. However, I get the following error in the Node-red dashboard.

Failed to update: node-red-contrib-home-assistant

Module already loaded

Check the log for more information

I think this is because the module is currently being used. I don’t want to remove all the related nodes from my flow to update. Can anyone tell me how this can be done in the addon?

Thanks,
Kaz

Nevermind. I backed up my flow, uninstalled the module, re-installed the latest version and re-imported my flow.

What is the proper directory to drop a SSH privKey that the node-red docker container can access it? Trying to use this node-red build with the bigSSH node. The workflow works just fine on a standalone node-red so it’s down to the ability for this instance to see and read the key.

Thanks!

The addon has access to /share, so it would be best to place the files somewhere under there.

Sorry for the delayed response. Enable SSH access to the ResinOS host OS using Debugging the Home Assistant Supervisor | Home Assistant Developer Docs. SSH to the host and execute
docker exec -it addon_27e642c6_nodered /bin/bash. That will drop you into a bash shell inside the Node-RED container. From there, you can do whatever troubleshooting you need.

I switched from bigssh to an exec node and it worked hunky dory. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

This is what I see when I try to execute that command…

Sorry, I must have misread your original problem and missed that you were saying that Node-RED wasn’t starting at all. If you know what node caused the problem, you can try deleting the folder at \\hassio\share\node-red\node_modules.

If you don’t know which node caused the issue, I would stop the addon, rename /share/node-red to /share/node-red.backup, create a new /share/node-red folder, copy /share/node-red.backup/flows.json to /share/node-red/flows.json, then start the addon again. You’ll need to re-install all of the nodes that you need and re-enter your credentials to get the flows running again.

Lastly, please make sure you have a backup beforehand, just in case something goes wrong.

I’ve added support for enabling the new Projects feature in the Node-RED addon options. It’s disabled by default, but can be enabled by setting projects to true in the addon options.

On a related note, the Projects feature works well with the Gogs addon in my repository if you want to use a local Git repository.

Hey there

I am new to Home assistant and node red.
Got problems with the addon for Home Assistant.

I have installed it over the node red web interface. But i dont get any nodes.
they are just grey.

It’s hard to tell based on your description. Can you post a screenshot showing what’s greyed out?

This has been discussed in the node-red-home-contrib-home-assistant repo (https://github.com/AYapejian/node-red-contrib-home-assistant/issues/38) as well. It seems that the newest release (0.3.0) uses ES features only available in nodejs 8.x (latest LTS). Since this addon is still using nodejs 6.11 is breaks the palette.

I’m guessing this addon is using the node-red-docker? It looks like they are currently considering moving to node 8 (https://github.com/node-red/node-red-docker/issues/62).

Yes, the addon is based on the official nodered/node-red-docker image. As a workaround to this issue, I’ve updated the addon so it upgrades node when building the image. It seems to be working ok on my system now.

I just committed another change to the Node-RED addon which allows access to serial devices in Node-RED as requested by @cameron in Node-red-contrib-rfxcom on Hassio.

I’ve been using the Node-red add-on for awhile now and it’s been great.

Just wondering what the best way is to keep regular backups of your flows?

Cheers.

1 Like

I’ve been using Hassio 0.61 Snapshot Service - #3 by NotoriousBDG for a while now. Now that Node-RED 0.18.x supports projects, I’m also using a project linked with a repo in my Gogs addon to provide version control.