Ring alarm integration - almost working. See cams and motion but not door sensors

Wondering if someone can give me some help on my Ring security alarm setup. Followed the MQTT / Ring installation docs and its showing camera feeds and motion. But, the door sensors and Alarm states are not showing on the main overview page.

The instructions I followed were:

1.) Install MQTT as an add-on and also as an integration.
Set to use local host. No configuration.yaml settings. Seems to be in separate config file now. Adding MQTT section to configuration.yaml results in HA booting to safe mode.

2.) Added Ring as an add-on w/ added github repository shown below and also as integration item. Prompted for 2FA and it worked.

Repo: https://github.com/rs1932/ring-alarm-hassio-addon

Have rebooted several times in case there is an at boot discovery going on. Saw others setups and their screen-shots are showing the door sensors. Mine are not showing. Odd that it even shows the battery sensors in the cameras. And it also shows the live camera feeds.

I don’t mind adding them manually if someone can steer me in the right direction.

Got it working. There was another Repo with an updated version of the ring integration that had a token setup. Everything now seems to be working.

Working repo for reference is:

1 Like

Hello,
I am new to using these platforms, do you mind sharing exactly what you put in the configuration.yaml file and the integration and configuration for the mqtt broker. I get the ring token generated but keep on getting errors when connecting to the broker. Thanks for your help in advance.

Ankur

Struggling w/ the .yaml entries also. Seems there is a new method in play now where addons use their own config files. In fact, the last few times I’ve follwed instructions and add anything to the main .yaml file, it results in HA restarting in safe mode. But, if I go thru the method of installing as an addon or integration, there is usually a config option that asks for the username/pass etc. and it works there. As for where teh config files settings are saved, I’m not sure, but found a similar question w/ possible answer at link below.

HA is powerful but takes so much time to debug and setup. I have had crappy experiences w/ SD cards in phones so soon I’m going to research how to backup and restore from the backup. Don’t want to have to re-do everything.

I just have the mqtt in my main config yaml file

mqtt:
  broker: <my ip address for HA/MQTT broker>
  username: <my username>
  password: <my password>
  discovery: true
  discovery_prefix: homeassistant
  birth_message:
    topic: 'hass/status'
    payload: 'online'
    qos: 0
    retain: false

then in my Ring Hass.io addon config I have:

host: localhost
port: 1883
ring_topic: ring
hass_topic: hass/status
mqtt_user: <my username>
mqtt_pass: <my password>
ring_token: <my token>
enable_cameras: true
location_ids:
  - ''

input all the above values without the “< >”

Hi
I am new to home assistant. I am using smartthings for my home alarm at the moment. Wondering with this integration can you trigger an alarm event / unarm ring / arm ring with automations or scenes?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Folks,

I have searched however could not get the answer. Is there any way to use the Ring MQTT add on on a non PI device. My configuration is HA OS running on Virtual Box on Windows. I do have the MQTT broker setup. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks