Ring integration setup fails

Try this

pip install \
    git+https://github.com/tchellomello/python-ring-doorbell@master

Is there a way to try that using hass.io?

Ssh web terminal
Protection off
Once in
docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash

1 Like

I set up SSH & Web Terminal and ran the pip install sucessfully (thanks for the tip!)
Rebooted and tried again to add the integration but still getting the same error message.

The problem was my chrome browser. Pop-up for 2FA didn’t show up… On my iPhone it worked.

I have the problem that my motion is not detected? This is not changing and in the history tab I don’t see it’s detected on the moment.
But when you see the last motion it’s about an min ago.

I seem to have the same problem, all but binary sensor for motion is working.
But not Motion, the only one which is still not working.

Anyone? Any ideas why?

I have no answer for you except you must have a ring_doorbell folder somewhere in your config :sob:
or the account is wrong ?..

@silver323 @theleshek
are you on 104.1 ?

@Harry13 No i’m on 104

wasn’t really a question more the answer

Well look to me to an question.
What is the answer then?

Don’t you have sometimes that just after you post about some issue it resolves it self!?!

I’m on 104, Ring setup up as integration, I have rebooted HA and PC several times with no luck.
Also followed any suggestion could find as well as I have installed what @Harry13 have posted above and reboted few more times system with no luck.

Minute ago I have restarted again and BOOM it is working. No clue why, but it is.

yeah, i updated,and no climate, no ecovac, no weather, issue setting up
reboot and all okay
except my deconz keeps dropping and having to be reconfigured, i;m going to check if i did or didn’t disable the modemmanager.
don’t you just love home automation.

So it appears that the download will only work if it is within 60minutes of the previous motion event so if the last even was at 10pm and the next is at 8am it won’t download and you get a 403 error. If the next motion event was at 8:10am it will download the 8am event video but not the 10pm event as the token has expired when putting the link from the logs into a browser it mentions 3600 seconds and expired.

So with all the alterations Ring are making to the API I thought I would setup and alternate pathway to get ring and motion events into HA. This post describes how it works in case anyone wants to give it a try:

For those having binary sensor issues. Make sure you generate motoin for more than 10 seconds. Ring is only showing motion is active for as long as the camera is streaming. I submitted a PR that will be in 0.105 to lower this to 5 seconds but until then you will need motion to last longer. Previously ring would keep the sensor on for 2 minutes but given all the most recent changes they did that is no longer the case.

They are also making active changes now too so its possible you need to wait it out until they fix whatever they are working on. When I experienced this issue during the beta there were some users who did not have the issue so it seems to be random and out of our control.

1 Like

Maybe not random, maybe based on region.

We had a few people during testing who had the issue inconsistently, some who never had it and some who had it for a short while then it started to work. I think right now the bigger issue is that the dings update every 10 seconds which can be a large delay, large enough that you can miss a quick motion event like a package delivery. I submitted a PR after some testing to lower that interval to 5 seconds and it looked to be a lot better. That PR will be in 0.105

@dshokouhi Do you have an explanation as to why the camera preview (of last motion) shows after restarting. And along the way this breaks. When I press it, I can no longer watch the last motion detected recording.