Ring integration setup fails

Check to make sure you don’t have a custom component for ring and also that you don’t have any YAML if you had it configured before. Also check HA error logs if issue persists.

1 Like

Thanks, found it! It was an old custom component!

just installed home-assistant on my synology and tried to install Ring through the web interface.

got the exception error message when trying to login.

is there a solution for this problem?

Home Assistant 0.109.6

log file:

'Logger: homeassistant.components.ring.config_flow
Source: components/ring/config_flow.py:22
Integration: Ring (documentation, [issues]
Unexpected exception

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 160, in _new_conn
(self._dns_host, self.port), self.timeout, **extra_kw
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py”, line 61, in create_connection
for res in socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, socket.SOCK_STREAM):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/socket.py”, line 752, in getaddrinfo
for res in _socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, type, proto, flags):
socket.gaierror: [Errno -3] Try again

That’s a DNS error.

and what can i do to solve this?

Can I please get help from someone? My ring integration was working fine but recently I’ve changed my router and now I keep getting error messages when trying to reconnect it back up.

Developer Tools
Unexpected exception
9:54:22 PM – Ring (ERROR)
Config entry for islamic_prayer_times not ready yet. Retrying in 5 seconds.
9:54:19 PM – config_entries.py (WARNING) - message first occurred at 9:53:53 PM and shows up 3 times
Error requesting Home Assistant update data: Cannot connect to host updater.home-assistant.io:443 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('151.101.1.195', 443)]
9:50:59 PM – Updater (ERROR)

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: homeassistant.components.ring.config_flow
Source: components/ring/config_flow.py:22
Integration: Ring (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:54:22 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:54:22 PM

Unexpected exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 160, in _new_conn
    (self._dns_host, self.port), self.timeout, **extra_kw
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 84, in create_connection
    raise err
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 74, in create_connection
    sock.connect(sa)
OSError: [Errno 101] Network unreachable

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 677, in urlopen
    chunked=chunked,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 381, in _make_request
    self._validate_conn(conn)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 976, in _validate_conn
    conn.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 308, in connect
    conn = self._new_conn()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 172, in _new_conn
    self, "Failed to establish a new connection: %s" % e
urllib3.exceptions.NewConnectionError: <urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0xa8647e10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network unreachable

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 449, in send
    timeout=timeout
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 725, in urlopen
    method, url, error=e, _pool=self, _stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 439, in increment
    raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='oauth.ring.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oauth/token (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0xa8647e10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network unreachable'))

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ring/config_flow.py", line 45, in async_step_user
    token = await validate_input(self.hass, user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ring/config_flow.py", line 22, in validate_input
    auth.fetch_token, data["username"], data["password"], data.get("2fa"),
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ring_doorbell/auth.py", line 40, in fetch_token
    headers=headers,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests_oauthlib/oauth2_session.py", line 344, in fetch_token
    **request_kwargs
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests_oauthlib/oauth2_session.py", line 516, in request
    method, url, headers=headers, data=data, **kwargs
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 530, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 643, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 516, in send
    raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='oauth.ring.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oauth/token (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0xa8647e10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network unreachable'))
Connection lost. Reconnecting…

You have a networking error.

I’ve discovered this page but i don’t how to do it or what to do.

Reboot whatever machine is running Home Assistant.

Okay I’ve rebooted my raspberry pi. It is connected by ethernet to a switch for my home network.

Great, now test it by doing: ping google.com from the command prompt or via SSH and see what it says.

Do you have discord or skype? so I can get in contact with you on cause i’m very confused on what to do. I’m a newbie when it comes to raspberry pi and home assistant

epperspeppers#4957

hey all,

Version 2021.1.5

is this expected to get lots of these errors in the logs?

Logger: homeassistant.components.ring.camera
Source: components/ring/camera.py:155
Integration: Ring (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 13:02:22 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:02:22
Time out fetching recording url for camera camera.front_garden

and

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.entity
Source: helpers/entity.py:477
First occurred: 13:02:22 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:02:22

• Update of camera.front_garden is taking over 10 seconds
  • Update of camera.bee_cam is taking over 10 seconds

I also see these errors. Happens a few times a day, every day. Have seen them since I started using the Ring integration many months ago.

So, yes, based on experience I expect them. My guess is that it is probably slow response from Ring servers, but that is pure speculation - I haven’t investigated. Other than the occassional error message, the integration seems to work for me.

1 Like

Hi,

Were you able to get the Ring feeds from Homebridge into Home Assistant ?

I can’t get ring to work with home assistent doesn’t accept login

working fine for me, make sure to provide the 2fa code as I think those are required now.

2fa needs to be enabled.

Hello,

I’m trying to set up Ring with Home Assistant (2023.8.4). Whenever I try and set up the add-on it asks for the username and password, and then pops up a dialog asking for the 2FA code. If I enter this (I’ve enabled 2FA with the Google Authenticator app for Ring), the 2FA dialog just pops up again. There is no error message and no error messages in the logs.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can debug this and work out what’s going on (I’m a Python developer and happy to ssh into my pi if there’s a way to see what’s going on)?