Ring integration setup fails

Same here it was the current update that broke it so for the most part they will fix it quick.

I’ve been trying to find a way to connect to my raspberry pi running hassio to do this however event though I can make the connection through ssh I don’t seem to be able to get to the /srv path. Any suggestions anyone has?

2 Likes

Same here!

It’s should /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages
Just check what version of python you have first
cd /usr/local/lib/
ls

If you just running hass.io as you main host then install the IDE add-on to give terminal access
Default landing directory is the samba share
cd /config for you config files
cd / to the root

Download the zip
Extract the ring_doorbell folder only
Copy it to the samba share over the network to the config folder

From IDE terminal
Type
cp -r /config/ring_doorbell usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/

Thats it
If you running python3.6 then change the path
I think that’s right

but just days ago nuked my system, reloaded ubuntu and ha so i don’t have any python other than 3.7 and HA 103

My Welcome Home automation finally worked
My son just called me
Dad what just happened
How did Alexa know we just got home
Alexa knows everything I said.
So today hasn’t been a total loss.

3 Likes

Same issue here, had to reboot HA server today when my Honeywell thermostat connection failed, and now Ring isn’t working. New 2FA on Ring login declined.

Glad I didn’t waste a lot of time before coming here, suspecting a problem linked to Ring’s 2FA change. Thanks for the advice in this thread and the others linked, but things have gotten a bit confusing in the complex and differing instructions.

Can we clear up the instructions at all? All I did was copy the updated ring_doorbell folder from https://github.com/xernaj/python-ring-doorbell/archive/fix/oauth-fail-due-to-blocked-user-agent.zip#ring_doorbell==0.2.4 to /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/ring_doorbell and restart.

Thanks for your help @Harry13 I don’t know where I am going wrong, or its not explicit enough for me, I installed Cloud9 IDE, then I attempt to go to usr/local/lib but all that’s in there is perl5 directory.

If I put this in: cp -r /config/ring_doorbell usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ I get directory not found.

I’m using home assistant on a raspberry pi 4 - that is running hassio.

I’ll just after wait until a fix is available thats already compiled, but thanks for your help :+1:t2:

Ring may have shut it down. :man_shrugging:

Home Assistant didn’t break it, Ring broke it.

Refer to this post:

A fix is in the works for the library to resolve the issue.

Apparently the specific directory is installation-dependent. For me it was /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/ring_doorbell.

For me the directory /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages does not exist. The directory /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages exists, but is empty.

Ring is broke since yesterday. works with the Ring app but not with Hassio!
better change your passwords

Mine started working again without me changing anything. I don’t dare reboot!

Worked for me also. Thank you!

@DougAmes
You are correct
but that is only true when you access that directory from the linux host
you need to get into the hassio docker container
so install portainer
and get into the exe console for the homeassistant container
also i just confirmed that my previous post regard to using IDE won’t get you to the correct location
so dont use it

@Shuntfield
My BAD
disregard IDE all together it doesnt get you there only Docker does

they have updated the library on git so you only need to run and update command

so you only need to get into your docker container for hassio
and use
pip install ring-doorbell==0.2.5

you should get this
“bash-5.0# pip install ring-doorbell==0.2.5
Collecting ring-doorbell==0.2.5
Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/d3/3a/ea69ac9ee2d178b0c6f3127b09316082dea4d42be9f0231cfc88a1211ec1/ring_doorbell-0.2.5.tar.gz
Requirement already satisfied: requests in ./python3.7/site-packages (from ring-doorbell==0.2.5) (2.22.0)
Requirement already satisfied: pytz in ./python3.7/site-packages (from ring-doorbell==0.2.5) (2019.3)
Requirement already satisfied: idna<2.9,>=2.5 in ./python3.7/site-packages (from requests->ring-doorbell==0.2.5) (2.8)
Requirement already satisfied: certifi>=2017.4.17 in ./python3.7/site-packages (from requests->ring-doorbell==0.2.5) (2019.11.28)
Requirement already satisfied: urllib3!=1.25.0,!=1.25.1,<1.26,>=1.21.1 in ./python3.7/site-packages (from requests->ring-doorbell==0.2.5) (1.25.7)
Requirement already satisfied: chardet<3.1.0,>=3.0.2 in ./python3.7/site-packages (from requests->ring-doorbell==0.2.5) (3.0.4)
Building wheels for collected packages: ring-doorbell
Building wheel for ring-doorbell (setup.py) … done
Created wheel for ring-doorbell: filename=ring_doorbell-0.2.5-cp37-none-any.whl size=24778 sha256=bcfd9684c476b28130a0539b56ee2b2c22738b2d0896ae5334871d55f9293147
Stored in directory: /root/.cache/pip/wheels/7f/e1/b8/becb136722650487229955392c931fdbe4904cd84fd82380da
Successfully built ring-doorbell
Installing collected packages: ring-doorbell
Found existing installation: ring-doorbell 0.2.3
Uninstalling ring-doorbell-0.2.3:
Successfully uninstalled ring-doorbell-0.2.3
Successfully installed ring-doorbell-0.2.5”

1 Like

I’ve just updated to 0.103.3 - ring all fixed! Thanks everyone.

1 Like

yes all fixed with 103.3 update

1 Like

0.103.3 is out today and fixed it for me (using docker-compose)
Thanks for the clever work guys.

1 Like

all fixed with 103.3 update. Thanks everyone.

1 Like