Risco alarm system

thats the addon, but not based on Python, but same local connection yes, also supports a proxy
the integration thats coming tomorrown is based on python and its an official one, but lacks a proxy

thank you very much for the clarification.
If it’s tomorrow, maybe I’ll wait for the official one, almost better.

One doubt:
I don’t quite understand the use of the proxy here.
Could you give me some more details for the use of the proxy?
thankssss

proxy is only requiered if yout have al old TCP board, does boards only allow connection
so if you still want to use risco cloud AND loca intergation, then you need
a) a proxy (listener between cloud and local)
b) disable the cloud
c) but a new board that allows multiple connections (cloud and local)

oki thank you.

The new version with the official local functionality has been released.
I have tried to configure it.

I add IP Host of my PBX, default port 1000 and my PIN.
I get “Unknow Error” after a few minutes.
And the following appears in the HA log:

@pergola.fabio

Maybe your board doesnt allow multiple connections? What Risco system do you have? Do you have a multi tcp socket board?

Also you don’t need to provide the pin to connect, you need the fill in the code to allow connection, it’s not the same as the pin (it’s called the “access code”, default it’s 5678)

I wasn’t sure if my board allowed multiple connections.

But seeing that yesterday the official integration didn’t work, I tried to test the GIT one (the one I posted above).

And something very similar happened, but this version had much more information in the log, and it seems that more functionality:
In the log you can see that the PIN that I wrote, was not the correct one (I put my personal one).

But the plugin started to do brute force tests, until it found just the PIN that you have put (I did not know that this was the default pin).

And now everything is working perfectly :D.

For now I’m left with the local functionality, and later I’ll see if I pay or not. Since in principle, I do not know what new contributions can give me, beyond losing the notice by the official mobile application.

So thank you very much.

@pergola.fabio

great that uu sorted it out
The documentation is indeed wrong here:

It mentions you need to use the “Master installer” code
But thats not correct, we need the “Risco Panel Access Code” , thats a different one, and its indeed default 5678 … if you have the master code, you see/lookup also or change the panel access code …

1 Like

Hi all! I think the documentation on the RISCO integration is a bit unclear. In order to use the local connection, do I need a cloud subscription at all? Additionally, what exactly is meant by the arming state not being supported? Thanks!

You don’t need a cloud connection to make use of local :+)

BUT if you have an old Risco board, they only allow 1 socket connection… So if you use cloud, you need to turn it off…with newer boards, you can use them both at same time… Or use the addon, it has a proxy, to use cloud and local at same time

Thank you very much! Awesome to hear that the cloud subscription is not needed. I don’t like cloud subscriptions for those kind of things (probably most of us in the HA community lol).

Any idea on the arming state not being supported? What exactly does that mean?

No idea, maybe it’s the timer telling you the alarm is going to the state armed

When trying to connect my system via the “local” option, I get a “Failed to connect” error with nothing in the logs. Anyone have a clue what might cause this?

Edit: The logs only show ResizeObserver loop completed with undelivered notifications.

Wait for 2012.12, the code owner added more debug logging, there is an issue already posted on GitHub for it… especially for owners where the addon was working

1 Like

Guys,

I am using the Risco integration over cloud and I cannot see a partition alarm entity?

Is that the case with this integration?

Hi HA guys!
I’m trying to setup the integration with my Risco Prosys Plus without success…
I’m not sure wich eth board I have but since the panel is 2016 I think it could be an old one.
One question is how can I manage the proxy somebody told about?
But the main question is: is this addon working? why I’m not able to configure it? I’ve no Log, or I’m not able to view it. I’m sure of the ip address and the port because I’ve the configuration software, and I believe the access code is the default, but if not how can I understan it?

You need to figure out first if your TCP board allows multiple socket connections…
But still strange that you don’t see any log at all when you run the addon…

If you have a TCP board that allows multiple connections, then stay away from the addon, not needed, you can use the integration instead

I’m trying to use the integration. I’m sure of the access code, I’ve found also in the CS.
The board seems to be RP512IP. Should than I use the addon? I’m on a RPi3B

Ah, so you can make CS connection? Then you probably have the newer board… What doesn’t work then with integration?

Simply not possible to estabilish the connection during setup.
I try:
add the integration Risco
select local option
put ip, port and code
…suspance…
then surprise! “Impossibile connettersi”

But I don’t know if there is some log to see for better understanding.

Hi,

My Risco “Agility 3” was installed about 6 years ago, so I’m prety certain I have the old interface that only opens one socket.

If I have all the above right, there are two paths:

1. Offical integration with no proxy support
  2. Vanackej’s MQTT add-on with proxy support

I have tried both and cannot get a connection to the alarm. In my firewall logs I can see the connection is allowed.

I don’t pay extra for cloud access meaning I only get a moducum of email alerts via Risco Cloud that I’d like to maintain, so this means I need to configure a proxy, but for the life of me I cannot work out how this is achieved.

I cannot find any further reference on how to configure @vanackej’s MQTT add-on with a proxy. Could anyone point me to some examples/documentation, please?

Further, @pergola.fabio says the integration doesn’t support a proxy, but can’t this function be abstracted away from the Risco container? I mean HA has Nginx and I have a pretty capable firewall.

I note in the integration documentation:

…and with older models, you might need to either disconnect your system from the cloud, or set up a proxy that will allow you to connect both locally and via the cloud.

My additional problem is that I have two panels (sites). The integration document says:

If you have multiple sites, only the first site will be used.

Is there any plan to resolve this?

Whereas, the MQTT add-on documentation says:

Multiple panels support

To integrate multiple panels to a single HA instance, you must start one process/docker container instance for each panel. Each panel must have a unique panel_name value in its configuration file. panel_name is automatically converted to a suitable panel_node_id, used in various topics definitions and subscriptions. panel_name is also used as HA device name.

Could anyone provide detailed steps on how this is achieved, please? It was my understanding users don’t have access to Docker.

Thank you in advance.