Risco alarm system

Regarding the proxy , yes, someone need to abstract it indeed, the code is available on the addon page :+)

To use the proxy for the matt addon, that I use since I want to use also cloud with my board, there are 2 options…

1. configure your router, with a new route to forward an incoming route to the docker Ip, so forward the connection to Riscocloud on port 33000 back to HA, (not the same as port forward coming from wan)

2. configure your panel and change the url that now points to riscocloud.com to your HA

i use method 1 , then i dont need to touch my panel, in my router added this rule
My risco panel 0.26 forwards all outgoing traffic back to 0.17 (docker addon)

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -s 192.168.0.26 -d www.riscocloud.com -p tcp --dport 33000 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.0.17:33000

Hello guys, I’m using the local integration and I discovered that the code to arm/disarm Risco panel through local integration is the password used to connect to the port on that panel on local integration…
Is it normal? I cannot modify it as I did for cloud integration.

It’s default 5678, probably your installer changed it…

If you have the master code, you can change it

Thanks but I’m not sure I’ve understood. Yes I have the master code and I can modify something from the alarm keypad, but I’ve no software for configuration. How should I do?

You can do it on your lcd panel inside also, no need for CS software… Why do you want to change it?

Well, there different issues:

1. Port password is X while Keypad password is Y. My wife (analogic woman) gets crazy (why two different password?!?)
  2. Port password is now too dumb

The Access Password is normally a password that you dont need, its only needed for the CS software Or this local integration

It took me quite a while to figure out the correct “PIN” for the local integration, so I leave it here some clarification for the future (maybe if someone knows how to update the docs this should be added).
I have a LightSYS2 and the panel is in italian so please allow some room for imperfect translation.
What you DON’T NEED:

• The GRAND MASTER Code;
  • the INSTALLER Code;
  • the SUB-INSTALLER Code;
  • any USER Code, no matter the level of the user.
    These where all the passwords my installer was aware of, and uses to fully configure the panel, even for cloud connection, and it was working perfectly.
    What he didn’t know is that, as @pergola.fabio pointed out, there is ANOTHER Code, that is specifically used for “software connection”, which default value is 5678 (but it wasn’t the case with my installation) and is buried deep in the menu.
    So you can find WHAT YOU NEED under the “installer programming menu”, sub menu 5 - Communication sub menu 3 “Configuration SW” - submenu 1 “security” submenu 1 - “access code”. THIS is the “PIN” you need for local communication.
    These menus is also the place I’d look into in case of further problems, since there are some other “additional security parameters” that I think may interfere with the communication between HA and the console.
    Again, please note that this is a code the installer usually doesn’t use, and may not be aware of its existence, and that it’s different form the one required for cloud access (that was the Grand Master code for me).
    I hope this helped someone else to figure out how to do it. Feel free to use this message to update the add-on docs.
1 Like

Thnx for sharing, you can always submit a PR to the docs to update it, it’s indeed very usefull

Would anyone be kind enough to offer advice on this one.

Installed the Configuration Software ( 4.1.0.008) on a desktop and all good except that the Communication from the CS Software to the Panel is stuck on “LightSYS [Direct - COM1] > System” no matter what other connection setting is made, I am trying to select IP/TCP

Have the CS installed and working on a laptop and this is the same line:
“LightSYS [TCP/IP - 192.168.1.159.1000] > System”.

Have completely uninstalled the CS software twice including the database but same every time, stuck in [Direct - COM1] and unable to connect.

Got to be a simple answer but for now, I am out of ideas
Kind regards
Stew

Disregard all of the above, have solved it. You select it on the toolbar, far right icon drop down menu.
Kind regards
Stew

Yeah, I struggled with that one too a few years ago :slight_smile:

Btw , I still have release 3.3.0, seems you have 4…
Do you mind sharing it?

Hi Fabio, here you go: Risco CS 4.1.0
(Comes from this website: smartforyou.it)

3 Likes

Thnx fo sharing!

Hi Fabio
Apologies, have only just seen you request for 4.1.008. Let me know if you have received it from simocyz, if not, more than happy to send you a copy.
Stew

Yeah, I was still on 3.x release, so should be good :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I have the Risco cloud integration working fine.

But I have a question not directly related to HA. I had an alarm company install and configure my Lightsys2 alarm a few years ago. I recently had a faulty door/vibration sensor, which I have had to buy independently myself.

For the amount of times I have tried, I simply cannot get in contact with the original alarm installer company.

Am I able to take back ‘full control’ of the system, or at least install/configure my replacement sensor without involving the alarm company? If so, can I still maintain the cloud aspect? I have already paid for the app annual fee independently of the installer.

Note: I don’t have any system PINs/passwords.

Thanks.

Offcourse, you can just call risco itself and ask to remove the panel from your alarm company, so you make yourself an installer account and manage it yourself, did it too…

For password recovery, there are probably dip switches that you can use to reset the password