Risco Lightsys Alarm component

i leave them all default when i do that setup

Ok, might reset and start again.

Tried a rest and left everything as default and still won’t run the automation.

The attached file is my log book.

11:28 armed home was by RISCO panel

11:32 was by RISCO app

this is mine …

- alias: Home mode
  initial_state: 'on'
  id: '1513037592906'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: alarm_control_panel.risco_alarm
    platform: state
    to: 'armed_home'     
  action:
  - entity_id: remote.harmony
    service: remote.turn_off

… and some more services :slight_smile:

Your automation is triggered on “armed_night” but your mapping maps the relevant state to “armed_home”. Did you try changing the automation trigger?

I am getting fed up with this now. Deleted the automation and the RISCO integration.

When I reinstalled the integration and went to options, I kept everything as default. Re-setup the automation. Going to bed and pressed the partial button on RISCO panel still didn’t work even my morning automation based on RISCO didn’t work.

Going to give it one more go…Delete all automations linked to RISCO and reinstall the integration.

Any advice please?
Am I right when installing the integration to use my credentials (grand master?)

I have a seperate account for it, but that doesn’t mather

Hi Pergola, do you require a pin code to arm and disarm when setting up the inetgration?

Ok - I have re-installed the RISCO integration and created my automation.

Can I ask for womonw to have a look through my setup (images) and let me know if I have done it correctly.

Will test it tonight!

Thank you for all your help!

current_setup_1a|690x323 current_setup_1b

current_setup_1d

I don’t think this tone is going to help. From what I can see, everyone here is trying to help you. However, this is really an automation question and not a Risco question.
The things I would check:

1. That the entity id is indeed the one you have in your automation
  2. That if you look into the states screen in the developer tools section of HA, the state indeed changes from disarmed to armed_home when you partially arm.

This is just like any automation, and I don’t think it’s related to Risco in any way.

Hi DudeShemesh,

That statement was not in response to the people in this group but merely me letting off steam with my setup and my own stupidity on why I can’t get this automation to work properly. So apologies if it came across that way. I am grateful for all the help in this group.

I posted images of my setup in the hope that someone could identifyy a mistake, because:

1. When I partially set my alarm at night using the RISCO app - The automation executes
  2. When I partially set my alarm at night using the Alarm panel in HA - The automation executes

However,
When I use the RISCO panel and press the partial button - The automation does not execute.

Thank you.

1 Like

Ok, I think I know what’s wrong. When you arm from the panel, do you have a countdown delay? If that’s the case, the state will switch from disarmed to arming, and only then to armed_home, but your automation relies on a direct switch from disarmed to armed_home.

That’s indeed true with new panels… :slight_smile:i have older one, i don’t have the pending state

Thank you,

I did ponder this last night if this was the case! I have keeping an eye on my logs and had notice when using the panel it went from disarmed to arming to armed_home. Then when I used the app it went from disarmed to armed_night.

Am I right to assume I can’t use
to armed_night in the automation?

If so anyone know a work around?

Just dont use the from: :slight_smile:
Or check the state when it’s arming? Isn’t it called something like pending? Then you can use from: pending … To …

You can either drop the from:, or have two triggers. One to cover the transition from disarmed to armed_home and the other to cover the transition from arming to armed_home.

Hi guys,

Tried out
to: armed_home

and I woked!!!

Thank you all.

1 Like

Has anyone else’s Risco component stopped working? Mine became unavailable today

All working fine here