Risco Lightsys Alarm component

Working fine here also

Mine is working again, but I had to remove the integration and then reactivate it.

Weird.

Like many vendors, Risco is starting to charge for their ‘Cloud’ platform. Has anyone managed to connect HA directly to their Risco Lightsys alarm directly (i.e. local LAN)? Or is there anyone here with the technical capability to hack the LAN interface? To be honest, I don’t use the alarm since I got a pet, so I certainly will not be paying for their ‘Cloud’ platform.

Here is Risco’s announcement:

Your security alarm app and ‘Cloud’ platform are becoming a paid subscription service

We are writing to inform you about some changes in relation to your alarm/security system which is manufactured by RISCO Group.

In recent years, RISCO systems have become ‘cloud’ based, meaning you can access, control and receive notifications from your system at any time or location through a smartphone app. In addition, it also allows the installer of your system to be able to remotely perform system maintenance tasks, without the requirement to visit your property.

This has been provided free of charge to date but RISCO Cloud will soon become a paid subscription service .

Hi, local lan is not officially supported for API, only cloud api that will be launched soon…
Allthough local lan should be possible, if you have experience with network sniffering and coding, it should be possible…

Look here : https://cybergibbons.com/alarms-2/vulnerability-in-risco-lightsys-protocol-encryption/

@pergola.fabio
That post was from 2015. If Risco have not fixed that venerability by now, then shame on them!

I still have not updated my firmware ;-))

I did not receive any email. From when it will become payable service and how will they charge for it?

Depends on the installer… I own my own panel, i havz no installer… i had the choice…
Invoice my customers or customers need to purchase from appstore

I also have no installer and have my own panel but still don’t get it. What choice? Will they charge me somehow?

Do you have your own installer account? I got a mail last month to “charge” my own customers by myself, or the customers need to buy on android appstore

Hmmm really weird. So if you won’t charge yourself it will stop working for you? Irisco is still free of charge. So what they told Your customets to buy on app store?

No, normally excistng users won’t be charged, only new ones… We will will be next

1 Like

The rest of the email read:

The installer will inform you of their charges and the date the charges will start , if they are part of the RISCO Cloud programme. We expect the charges will start within the next 1-2 months.

If they are not part of the programme we will contact you again in due course with the next steps .

in my installer account , i had the option that mu customers (myself) need to buy from the installer person , or directly from within the app

i my case, i just have an installer account, so i cant invoice myself :slight_smile: ,so i choose for playstore option

allthough, normally excisting users wont be charged, its only for new users
excisting users will be for later, maybe a year or later

No problems here

All running good, however i always have error in log, although running good:

Logger: homeassistant.components.risco
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:166
Integration: Risco (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 18:22:14 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 18:22:14

Error fetching risco data: {‘result’: 72, ‘validationErrors’: None, ‘errorText’: None, ‘errorTextCodeID’: None, ‘status’: 200, ‘response’: None}

Just ignore it, it’s normal

1 Like

Hi all

I have a prosys risco panel, installed the intergration and arms disarms can use PIR sensors to do lights etc etc no problem, created a user to do all of this on the risco cloud manager for my system, issue im having is that when the intergration is installed the risco app refuses to let me do anything in it other than log in to see all partitions.

Anyone else had the same experience?

best to create a seperare account on cloud
and when you change a status or something, you need to wait a little bit, afterwards you cant use the app for a moment

have created a seperate account on cloud as i said in my initial comment, also i have waited till the next day same thing