Samsung Gear S2/S3 Home Assistant UI now available in the app store!

I’ve got this installed on my Galaxy Watch and I’m presuming the token input refers to a long live access token? Anyone know if it is possible to copy and paste on a Galaxy Watch as I don’t fancy typing it?

I really want to get this working.

Thanks

Will try these steps now

Steps seems to be a bit complicated and I am not sure if I see the right things. Is there a instruction video? Like benm said. Typing a token is a bit annoying.

1 Like

I got this working on my Gear S3, but I have 2 issues:

1. Message about certificate is not displayed correctly:
    Screen_20191213_000935
  2. Lights section doesn’t work at all (nothing happens when clicked in menu)

Alright… got a few steps further… apparently you need to read very carefully but still I am getting stuck at some point.

To start of… I needed to remove the app again and reinstall it. On the first opening I am getting an url I have to type in a browser. (It is every time hidden behind the “OK” button and therefore easy to dismiss).

But every time I fill in the server url and token and hit “send” I get an error with “Not Found”.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Already tried with the watch screen set “always on”. But it did not make any difference.

This solution worked for me:

1 Like

The sockets are timing out before you click send. Its something i’m actively working on but for now you need to be really fast. Have your url and token in a notepad ready to copy and paste as quickly as possible

Not sure about this error. Might be something to do with your cert on your hass domain

Yes, it doesn’t like my certificate, but it was just a single message, so I don’t really mind about it.
Not working lights section is much more important (all other sections work flawlessly)

I tried before only using my phone and tablet.

So don’t know if it helped, but just doing this on a laptop worked much better.

And now it said:

Credentials sent to watch :grinning:

Thanks for creating this! I can confirm Gear sport is supported.

Yeah I can imagine thats annoying. Do you have any non alphanumeric (a-z, 0-9) characters in your light names? Something must be blowing it up but its hard to debug without your specific setup

I use several non alphanumeric characters (space, (, ), ó), but they are also used in scripts and covers which are displayed correctly, so I don’t think the issue is here…

Just confirming this works fine on my Galaxy Watch.

Missed the hassgalaxy site instructions, which I am assuming is because I upgraded, so, I actually entered the token manually!!

Anyway, thanks for your work on this.

1 Like

I have the same issue about the lights not showing up, all else seems to work fine

That’s very weird, I thought the problem might be with lights that are unavailable, but I have checked and the issue is somewhere else.
What lights do you have? I have:

• Fibaro Dimmer 2
  • Qubino RGBW Dimmer
  • Yeelight Bedlight
  • Light Group
  • Browser Mod light

@harfordhawk, did you get it working?

no not working… I have many types of lights… The light button on the watch is just not responsive, but when I use bezel to select switches that does work

I had switches category not being displayed problem. Fixed it by opening entity list and removed unavailable autodiscovered entities

But the other question - is it possible to show only certain entities on watch? I want to exclude many entities from being showed and control only most importnt ones.

3 Likes

I have installed this app on my frontier and neither the lights or the switches are doing anything. Covers opens even though there is nothing in there, but lights and switches won’t even open.
Scripts and groups look to have picked everything up fine.

The lights don’t work for me either (Galaxy Watch Active2), I created an issue on Github: