SBFspot Bluetooth homeassistant addon

Thanks for the suggestion to not create any sensors.
But I still have the two problems:

• Can’t stop the service
  • I can only see the log from 12:16 yesterday

I have turned off auto start of HAOS-SBFspot and restarted Home Assistant (in developer tools). But when I go to HAOS-SBFspot it’s active anyway. Very strange. Something has “frozen” my HAOS-SBFspot. Is there some kind of hard uninstall in HA that I can try?

You can use this command from the console.
Either putty or from either terminal addon.
This should remove the image too.

ha addons remove a51a23d8_haos-sbfspot

ha addons list

You can try stopping it from service call too.
This won’t remove the image though.

I also don’t usually run watchdog(vakthund) although it shouldn’t be causing issues either.

I have removed it with “ha addons remove a51a23d8_haos-sbfspot” and reinstalled it again. But I always see the log from yesterday and unable to stop and start the service with new settings.
When I run stop add-on in developer tools I see the green button with the check mark but when switch back to HAOS-SBFspot it’s green and looks like it running and shows the log from yesterday 12:16.
Even if I don’t reconfigure it after a reinstallation it looks like it’s running. :frowning:

Have you done a reboot of your host?
Not just a restart of HA.

What hardware are you using?

Also where is that yesterday log showing up? In the addon log or via settings > logs?

OK, I have just been using Restart in Developers tools. Didn’t know about Restart in System. So a real restart removed the old log and made it possible to start and stop the service again.
I have Raspberry Pi 4.
I have moved it just two meters from the inverter and I got the connection working! :smiley:
It has uploaded data to PVOutput. :smiley:
But MQTT just have 4 entities. Will more be created tomorrow when the sun goes up again?

You will probably need to clear the retained messages in mqtt broker. The first ones you created will have been created incorrectly because you didn’t have a connection to the inverter. It picks up the serial number incorrectly without an inverter connection.

You can use mqtt Explorer to do that.

If you don’t already have it installed, this addon is available. Or you can download it directly and install on your PC.

Clear the messages under topics HAOS-SBFspot and Homeassistant/sensor/sbfspot

Then create the sensors again.

It will make the sensors in the list under mqtt_data(mqtt sensor items)

1 Like

Everything is now running. 33 entities in MQTT.
Nice diagrams in Energy.
This is great. Huge THANKS!
:+1:

1 Like

Thx HasQT and the other for all the work.

I’m new to HA and a little bit blocked
I’m working on raspberry 4
HA version 9.2
HAOS-SBFspot - Current version: 2022.10.3
MariaDB - Current version: 2.5.1

Questions :
1- I have this error msg in mariadb which I don’t understand.
[15:09:12] ERROR: Got unexpected response from the API: There is already a MySQL service in use from core_mariadb

2 - in the habuild/hassio-addons there is a sql creation file for the DB…
How/Where do I apply this file on mariadb ?

3 - HAOS-SBFspot is connecting successfully to one inverter but is there a way to put 2 ?
What’s the syntax ?

1. Bluetooth or Ethernet?
    Ethernet should be comma , separated

Bluetooth multiple inverters I will need to
    think about. Can you open an issue at the
    repo here

It needs multi cfg files I believe, which is not implemented atm.

1. You use the phpMyAdmin addon to create the DB tables and views. Link is on the readme, or its available from community addons.

Sounds like a duplicate running db container, host reboot should fix it.

Thx for that quick answer :wink:

1. BT… my SMA inverter SB 3000HF-30 have no wifi or rj45 connexion… and I have 2 :’(
  2. okido :slight_smile: tought mariadb had a interface of it own. I’ll try phpmyadmin.
  3. I’ll try rebooting but I dont think I’m using ‘container’… I’ll keep you posted

Thx Thx thx !

1 Like

All addons are containers.

hmm ok so for a quickfix…
I updated the test version I already had in the repo with HAOS-SBFspot.

So if you install MultiINV-SBFspot you should be able to run them concurrently.
This one has a 5 second offset to avoid BT hardware interference, hopefully.

You should just need to change your BT address and Plantname accordingly for the second inverter.
You can still use secrets if you name them as for example
!secret BTaddress_2 and !secret SBFplantname_2
You need to manually enter that into options or else it will try and use the first inverter defaults.

The other settings like mqtt, mariadb, pvoutput should be the same as the first inverter connection wise.

I am not sure how mariadb will handle the second inverter and consequent pvoutput upload…
Let me know.
You may need to use a second DB and pvoutput account. Not sure. It should in theory combine both inverters into the one DB and upload a merged/combined figure to pvoutput.

The plantname and serial number should be enough to make unique mqtt messages.
(I had to manually test that seeing as I don’t have 2 inverters, so not 100% it will work.)

• All addons are containers. > I’m learning everyday :slight_smile:
  • Can you open an issue at the repo here > DONE
  • Rebooting maria and HA didn’t remove the ERROR : Got unexpected response from the API: There is already a MySQL service in use from core_mariadb
  • I’ll try MultiINV-SBFspot as soon as I have the full process working with one inverter already.

Full process not working atm.
Mariadb SBFspot tables seems updated…I see my inverter SN and monthdata filled.
I see no error in SBFspot logs.

but still not updloading to PVoutput.
Where/What should I look at in the logs/config for that process ?
Client null sending CONNECT … DISCONNECT > does that part refer to DB connect of PVoutput connect ?
in the sbfspot config, I have my API Key and SID defined (uploadlog level stayed to info)

I haven’t updated any yaml… that might be the problem.
I’ve installed file editor (as visual studio doesn’t seem supported in raspbery)
I can only access /config… when i log in SSH i see (addons backup config media share ssl)
my /config/configuration.yaml
I don’t see any sbf files :frowning:

Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.

default_config:

Text to speech

tts:

• platform: google_translate

automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

Containers. The files are in the containers.

You won’t need to put anything in configuration.yaml.
Unless you really want to make the mqtt sensors by hand.

Mqtt and maria/pvoutput are unrelated.
Mqtt will work without mariadb being installed.
Client null etc is mqtt related. Connect and disconnect is normal. You can create the auto discovery sensors now if you like. Just set the options from No to create.
Set it back to No after you make then(not really necessary, just a good habit)

MariaDB and pvoutput are related. Pvoutput relies on a db to send the data from. So if you are still having issues with mariadb, that could be related. You have done a host reboot right? Not just restarted HA and the mariadb addon.
Settings > system >hardware > 3dots top right > reboot host

Don’t forget to open the port in mariadb 3306

The very bottom log setting in HAOS-SBFspot options is for pvoutput logs, set it to debug until you get pvoutput working.

Make sure your SID includes your inverter serial number.

0123456789:12345

=

serialnumber:pvoID

Thx for the container explaination :slight_smile:
I discovered the command :
docker container ls
docker caintainer diff CONTAINER
Helps understanding what you’ve said :slight_smile:
Is there a ‘easy’ way to browse those files ?

Reboot :
Thx I indeed was doing HA reboot and addon restart.
Don’t forget to open the port in mariadb 3306 >> done

ERROR: Got unexpected response from the API: There is already a MySQL service in use from core_mariadb > indeed only appears after mariadb restart

Make sure your SID includes your inverter serial number.
indeed this was not the case. Now corrected …

And tadammm Working !!
Thx a lot

Still have a lot to learn but it’s a every day chalenge

1 Like

When you start running both addons for both inverters

keep an eye on

Connecting to 00:80:23:2B:D9:56 (1/10)
Connecting to 00:80:23:2B:D9:56 (2/10)

If you get more 1-3 on MultiINV let me know and I will extend the delay between the two addons to avoid the hardware conflict.

You can poke around inside the addons using the SSH and terminal addon.
https://my.home-assistant.io/redirect/supervisor_addon/?addon=a0d7b954_ssh

For the most part you can’t break much, that isn’t fixed by restart or reinstall of the addon.
You can check the Sbfspot and sbfspotUpload cfg files in there if you like to make sure they are correct.

the command to log into haos-sbfspot is… you need the slug name of the addon.
MultiINV will be similar.

docker exec -it addon_a51a23d8_haos-sbfspot /bin/bash

docker exec -it addon_a51a23d8_multiinv-sbfspot /bin/bash

Hello HasQT,
there is an post HAOS-SBFspot update to version 2022.10.3 failed stating a problem, that i do also have now.
I there a way to solve it?
Thanks in advance
Frank

1 Like

Thanks I hadn’t seen that post.

The problem is I created a bug trying to sign the addon with codenotary. It doesn’t seem to like multi layer addons.

If you had it installed, it updated the previous version, however I had to remove the signing to allow new installs… Which means you can’t update from signed to unsigned…

The solution is:

Copy your haos-sbfspot options

uninstall the old version of haos-sbfspot

install the new version of haos-sbfspot

Paste your options back in.

(technically the base image is still signed).

I have a question, I actually use Modbus but somehow I’m interested in realizing it with SBFspot. For me, however, only the Lan veriante would come into consideration. Does this work or not?

Believe so. I had a report of it working over lan on github. You would be Ethernet user no2 as far as I know.

To clarify, this addon basically just sets up the cfg files for the underlying sbfspot binaries to use… So if sbfspot works for you elsewhere, it should also work here.