Scheduler card/custom component

Love this! Any chance we could also have dusk & dawn in additional to sunrise/sunset?

1 Like

Iā€™m tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to add a new schedule to the card. Iā€™m running version 3.2.6. The documentation says to click ā€œAdd Itemā€, but the card only has an ā€œAddā€ button and clicking on it just shows/edits my existing schedule. Iā€™ve restarted HA, reloaded the integration, done the ctrl-shift-r then ctrl-r thing but nothing seems to allow me to create a new schedule. Any suggestions?

Adding a new schedule works perfectly fine for me. Best would be you open a new issue on github (GitHub - nielsfaber/scheduler-card: HA Lovelace card for control of scheduler entities) and add a little video of the problem.

Bellissima, potresti condividere il codice della card?

Can someone tell me how I override my Tado heating with this card? I made a schedule with this card, but the heating doesnā€™t change. It seems like it just ignores the HA input and keeps working with my Tado schedule.
Also I was wondering if the heating request (or any request) also gets executed if you turn on the schedule with the switch on the side. So assume the schedule is turned off, but I now turn it on. Does it immediately set my heating to the temp in that time block or does it only change when there it enters a new time block in the schedule?
This is my entire lovelace config:

- type: custom:scheduler-card
      groups:
      - name: Tado
        include:
          - climate

Am I missing something here?

All looks good to me. Maybe itā€™s a problem with Tado itself? Did you try to manually change the Tado thermostat entity?
All that scheduler does is set the operation mode to ā€˜heatā€™ and temperature to the chosen value, so you could try doing the same manually.

Yes, when starting (so also when turning on the switch), the schedule checks which timeslot should be active and executes that action.

1 Like

I tried this, but still it didnā€™t work. So it made sense that the problem didnā€™t have to do with the scheduler card.
So I did a bit of research and found that I have to disable the setting below in my integrations tab. On the Tado integration I pressed ā€œConfigureā€ and then disabled the checkbox ā€œEnable fallback mode.ā€. After this the heating system responds to the Schedule immediately. Thanks for the help!

On the list of schedules, I find that the text colour for schedules that are disabled is barely readable with many themes that are out there. Is it possible to change it, or, failing that, can I find out what scheme colour is used so I can perhaps change the themes?

@sddawson The card does not use any internally defined fixed colors. All items should adapt according to your HA theme.

The following colors are used in the schedule overview page:

• Card background: card-background-color
  • Text color for first line of schedule item: primary-text-color
  • Text color for extra lines of schedule item: secondary-text-color
  • Text color when item disabled: disabled-text-color
  • Icon color: state-icon-color

These are the same as the standard HA Lovelace cards, so Iā€™m not going to change anything about this. Custom themes are at your own risk.

1 Like

@neliss Thatā€™s perfect and what I was looking for. I can tweak the themes where necessary. Thank you.

Edit: how about the icon colour for enabled and disabled entries?

the option has been inserted, if the condition is false then set the valve on eco?

Is there an easy way to trigger my schedules on the go? Letā€™s say i wanted to create a scenario like ā€œParty timeā€ and just trigger it with a press of a button. Is this possible?

Also, I feel like I should be able to set properties for each light I want to trigger. For example: I want to trigger a light that has a brightness feature and another one that is just a relay. As of right now, if I want to trigger them together, I am unable to set the brightness of the first one.

Yes, there is a scheduler.run_action service.
In case of a schedule with timeslots: it runs the action (or actions) for the current time. You can also provide a time with the service and then scheduler will calculate which timeslot matches with that time and execute the corresponding action.
In case of a schedule with single time: it runs the action (no matter the current time or provided time).

Hi neliss,
Can you explain how do you mean with ā€œIn case of a schedule with single time: it runs the action (no matter the current time or provided time).ā€ ?

is there any option to extract only the timesheet?
i would love too see only this :slight_smile:

Hello everyone.

Sorry for the dumb question but I didnā€™t succeed to find clear installation instructions anywhereā€¦

Two things are unclear to me from the installation guide at the github:

Note: Ensure you have a www folder created as in config/www or the installation will succeed but fails silently

Where should I search for the ā€˜configā€™ folder? What is the full path of the ā€˜wwwā€™ folder should be?

1. Click the Orange + button bottom right and search for Scheduler Card

What page should I look for to find the ā€œOrange + buttonā€?

Maybe it is a good idea to update an installation guide with answers to this questions.

In your HA configuration folder. This is the folder that holds configuration.yaml and others.
The www folder contains custom cards.
In case you use HACS, this should all be in place.

In Configuration ā†’ Integrations click ā€˜add integrationā€™ . It used to be an orange +, now its blue :slight_smile:
In case you donā€™t see scheduler in the list, the scheduler-component might not be installed properly, or you need to refresh your browser cache.

Good idea to update the documentation, let me know if you have more suggestions!

@neives thank you for your reply.

1. Iā€™ve checked the configuration folder and found that there were no ā€˜wwwā€™ folder there dispite that HACS is already installed. Thatā€™s not an issue at all to create it manually, just wanted to let you know to make installation guide better.
  2. There is no ā€œScheduler Cardā€ integration in my setup, only ā€œScheduler integrationā€ that iā€™ve alredy installed (see screenshot below). Could it be that some preparation steps are missing (e.g. some installation steps via HACS?).

Iā€™m trying to transcode scheduler-card on VScode but I get couple error with custom-card-helpers.
import { FrontendTranslationData, HomeAssistant, NumberFormat } from 'custom-card-helpers';
Look like FrontendTranslationData is missing from custom-card-helpers. Itā€™s a fresh install of VScode on Linux with custom-card-helpers v1.8.0. Should I downgrade custom-card-helpers to an older version ? Or will that FrontendTranslationData be replaced by something else ?

Yes, they broke it. But only in v1.9.0. Iā€™m on v1.8.0 which works OK.
You can check your installed version via npm list custom-card-helpers.
Looks like some work has to be done to make things compatible with the latest version (once again).