šŸ’” Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

Is there an option to skip the automation if the light is already switched on? iā€™m sorry! iā€™m pretty new in this stuff. it would the great if you could help me with that!

@Sickpumpkin This is what Iā€™m also looking for. Doesnā€™t appear to be built in at the moment and the preferred method is to use a separate bypass switch which doesnā€™t work for me. Iā€™ve been trying two solutions which work, just deciding which is betterā€¦

1. Have a 2nd automation which disables the Sensor Light automation when you donā€™t want it to activate.
  2. Have a helper binary switch which mirrors your trigger sensor but add whatever conditions you want. Then use that helper to trigger Sensor Light.
2 Likes

You could try that and see if it works for you.

Blacky :smiley:

1 Like

@Sickpumpkin

Welcome to the community.

No there is no option for this. Best way to have manual control is to use the bypass.

1 Like

@Bobie

All is looking good, the only thing I can see is in your night lights you have a brightness setting of 1%. Some lights will not work at a low value like this and could be the reason they are not staying ON. Try to increase it to 5% or 10%ā€¦ a % value they will work at.

Let us know if I am on the right track.

@chassio

It will accept a binary sensor into the bypass.

Some people like using a bed occupancy sensor. If you would like a DIY then I would try this one first, click here.

I personally use do not disturb (focus in apple) on my phone.

1 Like

Hi Blacky,

It seems like the Transitionā€™s donā€™t seem to be working with my old Yaml code. I have put some exaggerated Sun present numbers in just to activate the Blueprint earlier.

Iā€™m a little confused about the use of the Transition options ā€“ Transition off or on? If Iā€™m going from lights off to lights on at 50Ā° do I use the Transition to ON and leave the Transition to OFF to whatever?

When Iā€™m dimming down in ā€˜Night Lightsā€™ do I use the Transition OFF (or ON)

I managed to get option 4 in Dynamic Lighting but to transition from 10% to 75% I had to use the SunĀ° angles to make any Transition ā€“ The Transition in the Dynamic Lighting seems to do nothing.

Again Iā€™m probably totally misunderstanding something but Iā€™m dammed if I can see it!!

Any help?

Perhaps you could configure and send me your Yaml file so I can see what works for you.

My need once more so we are both on the same page.

1, At a set Sun position in the evening I would like my outside lights to gradually get brighter following the Sun as it moves into darkness and the light would be at 100% brightness.

2, At a set time I would like the same lights to dim down slowly to a set level apx 10%, depending on the ability of my light to stay flicker free at whatever % - once I get it going I can adjust the Brightness, Transition and Sun elevation to suit my needs.

3, At a set time in the Evening/Night turn off the lights completely.

Again any help to get this going would be much appreciated and thanks in advance for the help.

Below in my latest YAML dump.

alias: Blacky Outside light tester
description: Blacky Outside Lights on and off test
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/sensor-light.yaml
  input:
    motion_trigger:
      - schedule.a_test_light_schedule
    include_sun: sun_enabled
    light_switch:
      entity_id: light.my_test_moer_zigbee_dimmer_light_2
    include_light_control:
      - use_transition
      - use_brightness
    light_brightness: 50
    light_transition_on: 600
    light_transition_off: 0
    include_night_lights: night_lights_enabled
    night_lights:
    night_time_delay: 0
    include_night_light_control:
      - if_lights_are_on_adjust_when_crossing_over
      - use_brightness
      - use_transition
    night_light_brightness: 10
    night_light_transition_on: 0
    night_lights_conditions:
      - time_enabled
    night_lights_after_time: "18:30:00"
    night_lights_before_time: "19:10:00"
    time_delay: 0
    light_colour_temperature: 5500
    night_lights_sun_elevation: 2
    night_lights_sun_elevation_rising: -4
    sun_elevation: 50
    night_light_transition_off: 600
    night_lights_entity_state: []

Regards,

Bobā€¦

Hi there,
i checked out this blueprint and i think this is very good.
But I canā€™t manage to use the AMBIENT function. My light always comes on, even if the ambient sensor delivers lux values ā€‹ā€‹higher than 5. What could I possibly be doing wrong?

This is my configuration:

alias: Licht bei Bewegung BĆ¼ro
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  input:
    motion_trigger:
      - binary_sensor.bewegungsmelder_buro_motion_detection
    light_switch:
      entity_id:
        - light.dimmable_light_1_26
        - light.dimmable_light_1_27
        - light.dimmable_light_1_28
        - light.dimmable_light_1_29
    time_delay: 0.5
    include_light_control:
      - use_brightness
      - use_colour_temperature
      - use_transition
    light_brightness: 25
    light_transition_off: 10
    ambient_light_value: 5
    include_ambient: ambient_enabled
    light_transition_on: 0
    light_colour_temperature: 7600
    include_dynamic_lighting: disable_dynamic_lighting
    motion_bypass_lights_on: []
    ambient_light_sensor: sensor.bewegungsmelder_buro_illuminance
    include_bypass: []
    motion_bypass_lights_off: []

Greetings Karl Heinz

Hi Blacky,

The light went straight up to 50% and is staying there - Iā€™m only a little way into the automationā€¦ Again it seems to be ignoring the Transition ON timing.

Regards,

Bobā€¦

Is it possible to collapse and expand entries in blueprints? That would be awesome and make these blueprints so much easier to modify :grin:

2 Likes

First, thanks for this powerful blueprint!

Iā€™d like to trigger an automation based on multiple situations with some overlapping conditions. Hereā€™s an example:

• Trigger 1: Light level drops below 40lx AND someone is at home AND time is before 23:00 (11:00 PM)
  • Trigger 2: First person arrives home (e.g., through location tracking or door sensor) AND light level is below 40lx AND time is before 23:00 (11:00 PM)

Question: Whatā€™s the recommended way to achieve this? Here are some options I found:

• Multiple Simple Binary Triggers:
    • Trigger 1: Light level < 40 lux OR First person arrives home
    • Use the UI to set conditions (start/end time, days of the week, device tracker, sun, light level) for all triggers.
  • Template Trigger:
    • Define a single template trigger with the specific combination of triggers and conditions: (First person arrives home & time is < 23h & lux) OR (Lux < 40 & someone is at home & time is < 23h)
    • No need to set conditions separately in the UI.

Iā€™m unsure how the conditions (Lux, time, presence) interact with each other in the UI. When setting multiple conditions like Lux below 40lx, time before 23h, sun below horizon, and someone at home, are these treated as:

• OR conditions: (If any one condition is met, the automation triggers)
  • AND conditions: (All conditions must be met for the automation to trigger)

For example, if the trigger is occupancy > 0 and I also set a device tracker as a condition for other triggers, how would they interact?

I tried to play around with the options and the simpler automations work without problems. However, adding more conditions makes it difficult to troubleshoot why they arenā€™t working.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thank you very much! :smiley:

@Bobie

Hi Bobie

Transition ON

Night Lights - Transition - ON

In your YAML you have no Dynamic Lighting options selected.

Below I will provide your YAML you need. Copy and paste it replacing your YAML and I will explain below.

alias: Blacky Outside light tester
description: Blacky Outside Lights on and off test
use_blueprint:
  input:
    motion_trigger:
      - schedule.a_test_light_schedule
    light_switch:
    time_delay: 0
    include_light_control:
      - use_transition
    light_transition_on: 5
    include_dynamic_lighting: enable_sun_elevation_brightness
    dynamic_lighting_min_brightness: 10
    dynamic_lighting_sun_elevation_start_falling: 5
    dynamic_lighting_sun_elevation_end_falling: -3
    include_sun: sun_enabled
    sun_elevation: 5
    include_night_lights: night_lights_enabled
    night_lights:
    night_time_delay: 0
    include_night_light_control:
      - if_lights_are_on_adjust_when_crossing_over
      - use_brightness
      - use_transition
    night_light_brightness: 10
    night_light_transition_on: 600
    night_light_transition_off: 5
    night_lights_conditions:
      - time_enabled
    night_lights_after_time: "18:30:00"
    night_lights_before_time: "19:10:00"
  1. I have set up dynamic lighting option 4.
  2. Because we are only concerned about dynamic lighting at sunset we are only concerned with these inputs. You will have to play around with them but it will start you of. Dynamic lighting will control the brightness so we donā€™t need to select it in the light control options but we will use transition to smooth it out between changes within dynamic lighting and 5 sec will do that.
    • Dynamic Lighting - Max Brightness Value = 100%
    • Dynamic Lighting - Min Brightness Value = 10%
    • Dynamic Lighting - Sun Elevation Descending - Start Point = 5 Deg
    • Dynamic Lighting - Sun Elevation Descending - End Point = -3 Deg
    • Dynamic Lighting - Heartbeat
    • Dynamic Lighting - Step Value
    • Dynamic Lighting - Dead Zone (Ā±)
  3. In ā€˜The Sun Optionā€™ we are only concerned with ā€˜Sun Elevation Fallingā€™ as we are just dealing with sunset. this allows you to use your timer helper is from 4pm until 9pm. Having a start time of 4pm is earlier and allows us to use the sun to trigger it ON when it gets to 5 deg. Note the 5 deg is the same as used in ā€˜Dynamic Lighting - Sun Elevation Descending - Start Pointā€™ so you will need to adjust these together if required. Also when adjusting the 5 deg make sure 4pm is well before this happens and you could even have 3pm if you require.
  4. Nightlights set up for you.

I havenā€™t tested this set up but you should be good to go. The main thing to adjust is

• Dynamic Lighting - Sun Elevation Descending - Start Point = 5 Deg
  • Dynamic Lighting - Sun Elevation Descending - End Point = -3 Deg
  • Sun Elevation Falling = 5 Deg

Let us know if this works for you.

@kallecux

You are probably finding that your light is coming ON when it is below 5 but it will not turn OFF until it is above 80 as your ā€˜Ambient Light - High Lux Valueā€™ is set to this. Having a Low and High setting allows us to have a buffer zone so the light wont flicker. You can adjust the ā€˜Ambient Light - High Lux Valueā€™ down to 5 but it can be lower then your low setting.

Let us know if this works for you.

@pgale

Agree, please see this feature request and vote on it as it is a limitation in HA.

It is under development so HA is onto it. GitHub Link. It is why we love HA they really listen to us all.

When HA release it it will be implemented.

@jmesam

First thing is to work out your trigger. Normally it is a motion sensor but it looks like you are asking for 3 things.

1. Time
  2. LUX
  3. Device Tracker

Out of the 3 we can use time as the trigger and set LUX and Device Tracker as conditions. If you use a schedule helper for your time and enter it into the trigger. This will be the time you would like the lights ON when it is below 40lux and someone is home.

Then set 2 conditions. Both have to be met (True) for the automation to run.

1. The Ambient Options
  2. The Device Tracker Options

Hope this helpsā€¦ let us know how you go.

Hi Blacky,

Any luck on looking at the night lights crossover function?

I have sensor light in many of my rooms now and they all crossover to night light scenes (using the time option) even when the option is unchecked so I donā€™t think that check box is working.

Thanks.

@pgale

100% that is the next thing on my list and I am back to normal now with work so I have some free time now.

Stay tuned

1 Like

Thanks very much :grin:

New update 6.4

Your lighting experience, your way ā€“ take control and customize it to perfection! :bulb::sparkles:

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed bug when using scenes and crossing over from normal lights to night lights and vice versa. The option ā€˜If lights are ON, adjust the lights when crossing overā€™ now works with scenes but you must use ā€˜Scenes & Scripts - Toggle Helperā€™.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like