šŸ’” Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

@clfberlin

Hi Cliff

Hope this is a good thing :+1:

Hi @GeorgeCastanza

Currently this can only be achieved using night lights. How you would achieve this is by setting normal lights to red and the night lights to red and white and this would be time based (Sun & LUX for night lights is on a road map). But then having on top of that when the garage is closed normal motion lighting & night lighting, this would be tricky. If you are turning on different lights, that would make it easer as you would have 2 automations. One for the garage door open and another one for normal motion. All in one automationā€¦ tricky but this is realy custom automation

I believe HA canā€™t do that with delay. Mabe a feature request is needed.

1 Like

Very new with HA. Hardware part was easy, but needed a good automation for lights. This is a Godsend. Love it. Thanks so much. Question for you. I added two sensors, I assume either will turn on the switch. But for the off time, does it start counting at the point NEITHER of the two sensors detect motion, in other words OR condition to turn on, but AND condition to start the off timer?

Hi @harryfine

Thank you for your kind words.

yes, but can be tricky to explain.

when the trigger turns off the time delay will start. If it receives another trigger before the time delay turns the lights off it will start all over again and your lights will remain on until the time delay is completed.

More information can be found in ā€œThe Settings & Best Practice Guidelinesā€ Click Here

1 Like

I love this blueprint but has to stop using it since it kept setting off several of my automations that use these scene-base triggers:

Any idea why that would happen? Has anyone else run into this issue?

Hi @ydogandjiev

I have a few questions if you donā€™t mind. It helps me make sure this blueprint is working 100%.

1. Can you provide the version are you on?
  2. Can you provide us your YAML of the automation? To do this go into your automation, top right 3 dot, Edit in YAML, copy all the code, back to the forum and in your reply at the top tool bar click on ā€œ</>ā€ and paste code.
  3. Can you provide more detail of what is happening?

The only thing I can think of is, if you are using a older blueprint version 3.1 and below and you are using areas within your blueprint automation (this blueprint).

Then maybe you have linked your private automations that gets turned off to an area.

Then when this blueprint automation runs, if areas are selected in it and your private automations are in the area it will turn off your private automations (as per your selection if selected). If this is the case you will need to expand down to entities.

In version 3.2 and above this can no longer happen and was one of the reasons we removed this feature (using areas and devices).

See our release notes of version 3.2 Click here if your thinking of upgrading. If you update your blueprint and if you have selected an area or a device the new version will do nothing until you expand down to entities and this may help you find it.

1 Like

Hey, is it possible to send some parameter to a script ? I could basically create some ā€œper lightā€ scripts which would call the same common script, but Iā€™d rather be able to call and maintain only 1 :grinning:

hello and thank you very much for this blueprint. i use it since the early versions. it is getting better and better with every version. ( i check every month or so for new versions)
i could replace most of my other motion activated light blueprints.
something i really miss, so that i could replace all my other light automations is time based scenes.
you implemented the night lights option, so we can use 2 timeslots.

it would be perfect if i can use 4 timeslots. (day, evening, night, morning)
for example: day 100% / evening 60% / night 30% / morning 60%
(evening dimmed to calm down, night min brightness to save sensitive eyes, morning dimmed to start the day slowly) i hope this example makes sense.

keep up the good work, so we will have the non plus ultra light plueprint.

@Blacky, it looks like v3.2 of the blueprint resolved the issue. Thanks!

1 Like

@damru

Hi Damien, could you explain what your trying to do in more detail. It will realy help me to understand. Sorry it is me.

Thanks

Blacky :smiley:

Hi @propi62

Thanks for you detail explanation and it make perfect sense :+1:

I know you probably would like it in one automation and I wont rule it out, but what you could do is have 2 automations using this blueprint. Example;

For the morning and day have a automation based on time. Set the ā€œUse The Time Optionsā€ to say 6am to 12pm then in night lights set a time for 10am to 12pm and adjust all your setting as required. 2 time slots done :+1:

Then make another automation for evening and night, and in ā€œUse The Time Optionsā€ set the time from 12pm to 6am, then in night lights set a time for 8pm to 6am and adjust all your setting as required. 2 more time slots = 4 time slots now :+1:

Obviously you could change the times that suit you.

Now you will have exactly what you are looking for but in 2 automation not one :pensive:

I will say :grinning:, the nice thing about using blueprints is if you have multiple automations when you update the blueprint every automation is updated and fixed or a new feature is added. This is one thing I love about blueprints as it helps me so much.

Thanks for you input and I will put it on the list :wink:

Hope this helps in some way.

@ydogandjiev

Hi Yuri, thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. I realy appreciate it :+1: :smiley:

Hey @Blacky , of course.
So basically I have a set of lights which are not compatible with the transition option from HA. So I added a script to turn on/off lights with a custom made transition function. This script has 2 mandatory parameters:

• the lightā€™s entity_id
  • the brightness % to set the light to

As I said , I could wrap this script into lots of per-lights scripts, but it would be much more easier to just trigger this one script from the blueprint. The thing is that , in order to do this I need to send those 2 parameters to the script.
So I was wondering if it was already possible with an undocumented option. And if not, if it would be possible to add this feature.

Hi,
Iā€™m very new to homeassistant. I found your blueprint and loving it. I have around 20 motion sensors that works great with Sensor Light.

There is only thing Iā€™m missing. I need a third time.

Day, evening and night. Is there a way to edit or change the template?

Great job
Cheers
Ben

@damru

Hi Damien

Interesting

Could you show us the action you need to use?

@pseudonym187

Firstly welcome to the community.

The easiest way is to have 2 automations. One for day and the other for evening and night.

For the day have a automation based on time. Set the ā€œUse The Time Optionsā€ to say 6am to 5pm and adjust all your setting as required. 1 time slots done :+1:

Then make another automation for evening and night, and in ā€œUse The Time Optionsā€ set the time from 5pm to 6am, then in night lights set a time for 11pm to 6am and adjust all your setting as required. 2 more time slots = 3 time slots now :+1:

Obviously you could change the times that suit you and you can use the other conditions with your time settings. You may want to have one automation for day and evening and one for night, just depending on what other conditions you require.

Now you will have exactly what you are looking for but in 2 automation not one :pensive:

I will say :grinning:, the nice thing about using blueprints is if you have multiple automations when you update the blueprint every automation is updated and fixed or a new feature is added. This is one thing I love about blueprints as it helps me so much.

Hope this helps in some way.

Iā€™m having a problem, fairly new at this Blueprint automation. I have two sensors, identical brands, added them both to cover my office, entering and sitting working.

When entering, the lights turn on instantly. I sit at my desk, and after the timeout period, the lights turn off. This should not happen as Iā€™m sitting two feet from the second sensor. I check the sensor state, the one 2 feet from me, it shows ON, yet the lights turn off.

Shouldnā€™t the lights stay on until ALL motion is not detected for minutes?

By the way, how do I update the automation so that I have all the latest Blueprint changes?

@harryfine

For your trigger please group your sensors as per FAQ Click Here

How to update blueprint in FAQ Click Here

All FAQ questions Click Here

ā€œThe Settings & Best Practice Guidelinesā€ Click Here

Hope this helps you.

Thank you. Created the new binary sensor group. We will see if that helps. Also found the update method, very simple. I should have checked for this first.

No problem at all, happy to help.

Enjoy