Yes, I have the following in my configuration.yaml

conversation:
  intents:
    ShoppingListAddItem:
      - Add {item} to my shopping list

shopping_list:

Yes Chrome 60. What must be set?

Set up SSL

Where must I set it up. HA or chrome? Can I see an example somewhere?

Here’s how you can set it up with Let’s Encrypt:

If you want to use a self-signed cert:

or if you have a domain cert:

In order of preference, BTW

Is this necesary for the shopping list to work?

Not the shopping list directly, but the microphone input, I think so. Chrome is less and less permissive over time about websites without an SSL certificate. You can’t share your location, for example, on a website without an SSL certificate. I wouldn’t be surprised if you weren’t allowed to use your microphone either.

100% correct, solved this on GH issues the other day for someone and this was the rationale I used to test it, SSL isn’t enough, valid SSL is required (so not by IP, only by domain name) I think it’s actually to do with the service worker as they require valid SSL…

which of the 3 solutions by rpitera is the one to use for this?

LetsEncrypt is the most popular, I don’t think self signed will work and domain ownership isn’t likely to be an option if you’re using freeDNS services

okay thanks… I will try it out :slight_smile:

Instead of using voice, I plan to add stuffs to the shopping list using service call. I know I can turn on/off lights using this…

action:
    - service: conversation.process
      data:
        text: "Turn office light on"

it works. But when I change the text to “Add milk to my shopping list”. I don’t see milk in the shopping list. Yes, I did add this to my config…

conversation:
  intents:
    ShoppingListAddItem:
      - Add {item} to my shopping list

shopping_list:
1 Like

Having the same problems here. I am running SSL and I can trigger actions via voice. But I don’t see anything when trying to add to my shopping list.
Any updates on your end @masterkenobi

I managed to make it work, and now from my android phone I can add items to the shopping list!.

But… but now I can’t mark them as completed (If I click the check box it reset to blank immediately). So there is no way to clear the list. Is there a command to mark complete and item? or to remove it from the list?. I’m running HASS version 0.53.1.

1 Like

I’ve the same issue after upgrading to version 0.55.
Everything worked very well in version 0.50.2

It’s something related to the version of Chrome.
Solved with a double tap on the item :slight_smile:

Just wondering - what are the supported languages? Tried to use russian intent and get an error in the log like below
Is there a way to integrate it with api.ai to use it’s multilanguage support?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py", line 422, in start
    resp = yield from self._request_handler(request)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/aiohttp/web.py", line 306, in _handle
    resp = yield from handler(request)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 143, in coro
    res = yield from res
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 143, in coro
    res = yield from res
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/http/ban.py", line 58, in ban_middleware_handler
    return (yield from handler(request))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/http/__init__.py", line 430, in handle
    result = yield from result
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/conversation.py", line 197, in post
    intent_result = yield from _process(hass, text)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/conversation.py", line 134, in _process
    in match.groupdict().items()}, text)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/intent.py", line 44, in async_handle
    raise UnknownIntent()

Hi, I can use shopping list component in italian language.
I modified the intents in shopping.py. The original EN file was:

hass.components.conversation.async_register(INTENT_ADD_ITEM, [
    'Add {item} to my shopping list',
])
hass.components.conversation.async_register(INTENT_LAST_ITEMS, [
    'What is on my shopping list'
])

In IT language:

hass.components.conversation.async_register(INTENT_ADD_ITEM, [
    'Aggiungi {item} alla lista della spesa',
])
hass.components.conversation.async_register(INTENT_LAST_ITEMS, [