Silvercrest / Lidl Smarthome

Can smart USB Extension lead show how much power devices that is connected to uses?

No not the UK one I have

Hi all,

First of all happy new year :champagne:

Yesterday my Lidl Gateway, some lights, motion sensors and door sensors arrived in the Netherlands. Everything is working fine in the Lidl app and also the Tuya app. unfortunately I’m also have problems to get the devices in Home Assistant. I prefer to have the gateway supported #voted, but if this is not possible or will take some (long) time I need to determine next steps. :slight_smile:.

1. Be patient and hoping the Lidl Gateway will be supported/integrated by Home Assistant…
    This means working with second app. and that is not why we have Home Assistant :muscle:
  2. Order Conbee II and trying to work with ZHA or deCONZ in a docker (My setup is in Synology NAS with a docker wit out supervisor)…
    I prefer the vendor gateway for updates, support and fallback app when Home assistant is not working
  3. Trying to get Tuya working…
    Already tried everything I possibly could find like renaming devices without spaces and using other gateway in the Tuya app.and rebooting everything but devices won’t show up in HA.

If someone have some other options or things i can try let me know :grinning: :grinning:

Regards Niels

1 Like

He Niels,

I bought a Sonoff zigbee gateway ( 14 euros aliexpress) converted it to tasmota zigbee and all devices (bulbs, door sensor, PIR, remote) are working well,
I can pair the remote but not use it, have to dive deeper to get it working…

Convert, follow the ZHA option:

Here you can see which devices work with converted sonoff gateway.

Regards,
Frank

1 Like

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your information is very much appreciated.
For 14 euros I will definitely give this a try :grin:

Greetings Niels

I’ve tried the same but w/o success. Anyway, create seperate thred about it as this is different problem then zigbee discussed here:

I have the same happening here, status is always clear. Did you manage to fix it?

The sensors don’t always seem to enroll themselves in the IAS zone after pairing. I had to manually enroll it (I’m using deCONZ) before events started being passed.

Mmm ok, I guess in ZHA I do it over here:

Do you have any idea what value I need to pass?

Try sending it without a value, or “0” (which is what deCONZ seems to use, but it may be the default).

Hi, I didn’t fix anything besides the steps in the post you are replying to. But I tested it just now and the sensor shows detected as the status when someone is present and clear when it is not.
The only thing is that I cannot do anything with that status in HA. I can only switch a light in Zigbee (the same as with an Ikea motion sensor) by coupling them via Phoscon.

My guess is that we are experiencing something similar as that is written here (but for ZWave): How to test the OZW Beta without fully switching over
For the Motion sensor for the Lidl sensor we do not get the sensor that switches from Off to On (as with the ZWave PIR devices that I also have). Only with that sensor entity I can switch other devices in HA (or services), not with the “motion” one.

I tried just now to get some action on the FSM_STATE sensor (I believe that is a so called CLIP sensor in the integration) but I cannot use that to do anything else in HA as well.

I am currently on HA 2021.1.4 / deconz add-on 6.6.2 / deconz Conbee II firmware 26660700, version 2.7.1

Strange, as that works fine for me:

deCONZ version 2.0.7 with a Conbee I running firmware 26370500

That doesn’t seem to do anything, after I tried that command I didn’t get the red led anymore when waving in front of the motion sensor :confused:

Oops :frowning: It’s similar that what I did in deCONZ to get it working, but I don’t know if ZHA does something differently. Try pairing the device again.

For some reason it works now…

Maybe a stupid question but do you know the use of the button on the back of the sensor? The little hole on the side is used to reset the device right, not sure what the button does :smiley: I can’t find it either in the manual.

The little button on the back enables the IAS functionality. Thus it needs to be on the “plate” to function. (Then the button is pressed).

I see those messages/entries as well, but cannot seem to do anything with them. Can you use it in an automation or something?

That is what I meant with the text above.

That’s weird, I have it decoupled from the plate and it just works

Yes, just tried:

- alias: 'Lidl motion sensor test'
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.motion_sensor_j
    to: 'on'
  action:
    service: script.notify_robert
    data:
2 Likes