đŸ”č slider-entity-row - Add sliders to entities cards

That’s because HACS uses “hacsfiles/
” and not “local/
” as the file path.

mcpaha’s path looks ok to me.

If you’re using hacs, you should use the path hacs tells you to use.

You might try this:

entities:
  - entity: light.keittio_lamppu_light
    name: can be anything
    type: 'custom:slider-entity-row'

How can i tell the slider to act as a cover slider? All I can see is a percentage of the cover opened/closed. It does state the shutter icon.
I would like to change the 100% to “Open”

Also not sure if I installed correctly.
Downloaded the RAW file, uploaded to WWW folder. Added trough resources. And the refreshed the page. basically that’s it right? Unfortunately I still see a minor error message :
Expected a value of type `{entity,name,icon} | entity-id` for `entities.0.type` but received `"custom:slider-entity-row"

entities:
  - entity: cover.shelly_shsw_25_***
    name: Rolluik
  - entity: cover.shelly_shsw_25_***
    name: Luifel
show_header_toggle: false
title: Zonwering
type: entities

Knipsel

The yellow error messages means you are using options that are not currently supported by the GUI editor (such as type: custom:slider-entity-row) and will have to fall back to editing yaml manually.

Not sure if I know how top do this. Can you point me in some direction?

You won’t even have a choice. When you see that message, you will also see the yaml code listing for that card.

Thx
 I manage this for installing this manually

Hi
I have a weird issue with the slider : I have several covers in differents cards.
It works for my kitchen with this yaml:

entities:
  - entity: cover.cuisinefenetre
  - entity: cover.cuisineportefenetre
title: Cuisine

But I don’t have a slider that appears with this configuration :

entities:
  - entity: cover.chambreparents
  - entity: cover.chambreenfants
  - entity: cover.bureau
title: Chambres

Anyone have an idea why ?

Thanks

Could depend on the cover.
The slider will only be shown for covers which support reporting and setting absolute position. Not just up or down.

They are all the same. Maybe an integration issue with zha. I’m going to pair them again.

If that doesn’t work, please show me what you can see in /developer-tools/state for one cover that works and one that doesn’t.

Ex:

cover.cuisine works but not the others. There is not position attributes. I’m going to pair again these covers

The important part is bit 3 of supported_features. That’s only set for the kitchen, so that’s the only one which supports setting position.

If you click the i symbol next to them, you’ll likely see that there is a slider available only for the last one.
That may or may not be solved by repairing. Either way, there’s nothing slider-entity-row can do about it at this point.

Hi all,
Right now, I am trying to implement your custom-slider-row, but I am not sure, why it is not working :frowning:

entities:
  - entity: cover.rolladen_gross_wohnzimmer
  - type: custom:slider-entity-row
    entity: cover.rolladen_gross_wohnzimmer
  - entity: automation.offne_rolladen_bei_sonnenaufgang
  - entity: automation.schliesse_rolladen_bei_sonnenuntergang
show_header_toggle: false
title: Rolladen-Steuerung

I am getting the following warning under the Editor:

Expected a value of type `{entity,name,icon} | entity-id` for `entities.1.type` but received `"custom:slider-entity-row"`.

And the dialog: Custom element doesn’t exist: slider-entity-row

here’s where I’ve put the module:

/srv/homeassistant/config/www/lovelace-slider-entity-row$ ls
LICENSE.txt README.md hacs.json package-lock.json package.json slider-entity-row.js src test webpack.config.js

And this is what I’ve configured in the Lovelace Dashboard Ressources:
/local/lovelace-slider-entity-row/slider-entity-row.js

any idea?

First of all, the yellow warning messages can be safely ignored. They just mean you are using an option that’s not supported by the GUI editor, and thus can only edit the card using yaml.

If you just now created the www/ directory, you need to restart Home Assistant once before it will be aware that it exists.
After that, you may need to clear your browser cache or at least perform a hard refresh. See the guide linked from somewhere near the top of the readme.

Hi, thank you!
Unfortunately, there is no change - even after restarting home assistant, nor than stopping it completely or reloading the browser / changing the browser :frowning:

2020-06-24 21_36_49-Übersicht - Home Assistant ‎- Microsoft Edge

any other idea?

The guide I mentioned above has some further debugging suggestions.

Hi, all right - probably, I was looking at the wrong place :frowning:

The Browser-console is telling me this one:

Laden des Moduls von "http://server-url.de/local/lovelace-slider-entity-row/slider-entity-row.js" wurde auf Grund eines nicht freigegebenen MIME-Typs ("text/plain") blockiert.

> Loading of the module from "http://server-url.de/local/lovelace-slider-entity-row/slider-entity-row.js" was blocked due to an unapproved MIME type ("text / plain") .

Laden fehlgeschlagen fĂŒr das Modul mit der Quelle "http://server-url.de/local/lovelace-slider-entity-row/slider-entity-row.js".

> Loading failed for the module with the source "http://server-url.de/local/lovelace-slider-entity-row/slider-entity-row.js".

uncaught exception: http://server-url.de/local/lovelace-slider-entity-row/slider-entity-row.js

Chrome is showing an 404 error in its console, so it is for sure related with the path specified within the resources

Do you have an Idea, how I can determine, which is the exact URL that I need to place here?

/local/lovelace-slider-entity-row/slider-entity-row.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

load_resource.ts:1 Uncaught (in promise) http://server-url.de/local/lovelace-slider-entity-row/slider-entity-row.js

If installed by HACS:

/hacsfiles/lovelace-slider-entity-row/slider-entity-row.js

And the type should be module.