๐Ÿ”† Smart Light - Entity - Sun Elevation - Ambient & Time Triggers

@dbeer

Smart Light works of 4 different triggers to turn ON and OFF. You can also mix and match them. Use case, to turn ON lamps at sunset and OFF at time.

Sensor Light works with a motion sensor, has delays to keep it ON and conditions that must be met for it to run.

This is basic but when I get time I will do a FAQ in more detail.

If you are unsure please provide your use case and I can guide you to what one would suit best.

Blacky :smiley:

Thank you. I will try out this one then.

Unfortunately, Iโ€™m failing to import this blueprint (via the button at the top of this topic) with the following error code:

Invalid blueprint: extra keys not allowed @ data['blueprint']['input']['bypass_settings']['collapsed']. Got True extra keys not allowed @ data['blueprint']['input']['bypass_settings']['icon']. 

I searched this topic, but didnโ€™t find anyone having the same issue.

What am I doing wrong?

@dbeer

You must be on Home Assistant Version 2024.6 or later. If you can update your Home Assistant you will then be able to import it.

Thank you for your swift reply. It worked. My apologies for this rookie mistake.

Awesome! Just upgraded to v2.3.

I noticed an option to enable/disable the automation on certain days of the week. Is it possible to add specific timeframes for that? For example: Only enable between 7am and 10pm? Or more specific; only enable between 8am and 6pm on Monday?

And another question: I would like to have the lights turned on only when somebody is home. I have a group that monitors this. If I add the group to the by-pass option (Bypass Switch - Turn lights OFF), will the lights not turn off when the group is off?

Iโ€™ve been able to import this blueprint, but am lost by the amount of options.

However, Iโ€™m lost by the amount of optionsโ€ฆ

My objective is to

• turn on certain lights in our location, starting when the sun goes down and increase them gradually - but only if user X is home
  • adjust light brightness and temperature so that when I turn them on via a switch or manually,nit has a brightness and temperature corresponding to the time of day.

Any direction for a blueprint -newbee would be appreciated, thanks!

@beurdy

This blueprint is not designed for this, it is more of a trigger you would like to happen. You may want to look at my Sensor Light Blueprint.

No, bypass works when an entity is ON the bypass is active and will do as per your selection. What you could do is use the group so when it is ON it turns the lights on and when it is OFF the light turn OFF. This would be done in a state trigger.

There is no condition for this so you will need to look at my sensor light blueprint.

You can do that in this one using the state condition.