SOLVED! Home Assistant Blue (New) instalation and errors, help for a newbe

Hi Experts,

I purchased a new Blue from Hardkernel Co., Ltd. They do not supply support so im here trying to get it working correctly. I puchased a blue because it was supposed to be plug and play but i guess not so much. It wont upgrade even though it says its available v7 and has the OS Agent and Apparmor as issues in Supervisor.

Supervisor Version
supervisor-2021.12.1
Newest Version
supervisor-2021.12.1
You are running an unsupported installation
Operating System
Home Assistant OS 5.13

WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.host.apparmor] AppArmor is not enabled on host
WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluations.base] OS-Agent is not correctly working (more-info: [https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info ... d/os_agent](https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/unsupported/os_agent))
WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.core] System running in a unsupported environment!

I followed the link but could not see how i fix the error on a blue.

I dont have a screen or keyboard for it but could cobble somethign together if SSH is not an option.
I have the WebUI up and working.

I guess ill need a bit more help than i thought as i try and get all my devcies working, but getting a slid and uptodate HA is a good start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same issue on a brand new Blue received 2 days ago. Have you found anything to help solve the issue?

I had exactly the same issue, also on a Blue received two days ago.

Went around in circles for hours and in the end pretended that it wasn’t pre-installed with HA and followed the instructions to flash it. That was a journey in itself but now functional.

I’m in the same situation. I’ve been using a Home Assistant Blue from Hardkernel for a long time, and I didn’t have any problem with the setup. Today I updated to the latest Home Assistant version, 2021.12.2. The setup works fine, and everything is up to date except Home Assistant OS, which is stuck on version 5.9.

Besides, I have no idea why it suggests I am running an unsupported version of HA when I am clearly up to date to 2021.12.2?

Configuration highlights an update, and I click on the blue update button:

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 20.08.06

The system is working for a couple of minutes, reboots the host, everything loads, and says I am still on 5.9. I see the same warning in the log as it was mentioned before:

21-12-16 19:50:55 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluations.base] OS-Agent is not correctly working (more-info: https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/unsupported/os_agent)

System status:

Does anyone have any idea? Thanks!

2 Likes

Same here. Blue arrived today…

Following worked for me:

Via SSH Update the Blue to OS 6.6 and then again update via SSH to OS 7.0

ha os update --version 6.6

and then

ha os update --version 7.0
8 Likes

Updating from SSH with the update command worked. Thank you!

Wow bluefoot your the man, update to 6.6 did it.

For those that find this and are nobs like me here is the fix:

First thing go to Configuration then click Add Ons

Find Terminal and SSH,

Dont configure, no need to open up risk just install it
you will get Terminal as an option on the left menu
Run Terminal and paste in

ha os update --version 6.6

and let it up date, prob solved.

if you want to do futher updates and they are avaialable as they were for me you can run them from the configuration option.

Thanks all, this is the best support ever.

4 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the great information. My HA on Blue is also repaired.

@bluefoot - can you please direct me to a guide on how to ssh update my HA blue.
I’m having the same issue, plugged in a brand new HA blue and after updating supervisor to supervisor-2021.12.2 I’m stuck with OS 5.13.

When I try to update from UX to OS 7 after the restart it just stays 5.13 :frowning:

Would love to understand how can I SSH update - again, a brand new blue device.

oh, I’ve managed to find a guide.

Worked for me as well!! :slight_smile:
many thanks

I was also having this issue on a preloaded standard ODROID from ameridroid and this solution fixed it.

EDIT: nevermind, after updating to 7.0 it no longer boots into HA at all and doesn’t even appear on my network anymore.

Thanks, I’ve been chasing this and several related log warnings around for days and this fixed it in one go.

It’s knowing to update to v6.6 on the way to v7.0 that is key. Also noting there isn’t a blog post on home-assistant.io with release notes like there is for v6. As I’m completely new here, what is the best way to bring this to the attention of those who might write the release notes?

thanks for your noob guide. got mine to work as well. cheers

So far no help from any one here, How come dedicated Homeassistant Blue hardware not accepting your own updates and getting stuck in perm loop?
People who develop home assistant need to answer these questions instead of congratulating on new updates… Such a bad behaviour since no reply to these serious questions.
Core is stuck on a loop 2022.11.1
supervisor stuck on a loop 2022.11.0
Operating System stuck on 9.2 and cannot update to 9.3 since getting a error message, failed to called service update /install , with OS manager update blocked from execution…
May be I should sell the Blue hardware and forget about this crazy project.
Will not allow me to install the terminal or any other from add on store, so iam stuck running a terminal within…

Got it working via Blue HDMI and type login and press enter before paste the curl code
curl -o - https://version.home-assistant.io/update-supervisor.txt | sh