Sonoff NSPanel Blueprint - Configure your own custom NSPanel easy via a Blueprint

Which version of Home Assistant are you running? For the latest Blueprint version, HA v2024.6.0 is required.

This works indeed, thanks for the quick response. Should keep it up to date anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good day.

Just wanted to see if there was any update. I logged the request you asked and never heard back

I simply cannot update the firmware as always getting an error.

I do appreciate your help and assistance in this regard.

Hey @barrylapthorne, I’ve replied to your message there: Cannot update firmware · Issue #2158 · Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint · GitHub

Please take a look at the space on the items in the substitution area. If you want, post your yaml there in GitHub as I can edit it there.

This has to be my favourite blueprint of home assistant. Its just superb, and improving all the time. Kudos to the devs! my only issue is updating esphome, can there possibly be a script to update blueprints, templates, etc etc etc when esp home updates? seems like then it does, i have to re-remember all the aspects to get it back up and running again, the wife approval factor dips!

Automate the TFT update is feasible, but not the Blueprint, unfortunately. Or at least not with the existing capabilities on Home Assistant. Or at least not triggered by an ESPHome update.
But there is an entire discussion around this here, and even an user who shared a script to update the Blueprint automatically, which I’ve never tried yet.

1 Like

If there is indeed the way to automate the blueprint re-download surely an automation could be created to use the status of the ESPhome version changing to trigger this.

ie: the Blueprint version number here being different less than that of the ESPhome version:

1 Like

Trigger it is not the issue, but the solution proposed there (please see my link) relies on a bash script, which must be created manually. I don’t know any way to do that without manual user’s intervention.

Ii guess I don’t understand enough about how that script works. I thought it was a create once, run many times sort of thing.

I’ll stay out of what I don’t know!

It is… You create only once. The issue is that I cannot add that in a Blueprint… Users have to create the script manually.
Once created, it could be triggered by the Blueprint.
Maybe we can add some instructions around this.

this is impressive,
if I read it correctly It checks for blueprint updates every 3 hours.
and then automatically update.
Personally I wouldn’t go for the automatic update as it can happen something suddenly stops working.
Personally I would prefer a persistent notification or maybe a custom update trigger.

I was actually wondering how others think about this.

and ofc, we need a scripts to update the update script.

after updating the ESPHome version to 2024.6.3 , getting this error

INFO ESPHome 2024.6.3
INFO Reading configuration /config/esphome/nspanel.yaml...
INFO Updating https://github.com/Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint@main
INFO Detected timezone 'Europe/Amsterdam'
Failed config

ota.esphome: [source /data/packages/566b10a3/esphome/nspanel_esphome_core.yaml:129]

Only one instance of the esphome ota platform is allowed per port. Note that this error may result from OTA specified in packages.
  platform: esphome
  id: ota_std
  password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  version: 2
  port: 3232

What can be the problem ?

yaml config

# MWT NSPanel
#(based on marcfagers original work https://github.com/marcfager/nspanel-mf)

substitutions:
  device_name: nspanel
  wifi_ssid: !secret SSID
  wifi_password: !secret WiFi_Password
  nextion_update_url: http://xxxxxxx:8123/local/nspanel_eu.tft
  nextion_blank_url: http://xxxxxxx:8123/local/nspanel_blank.tft

wifi:
#  ssid: !secret SSID
#  password: !secret WiFi_Password
  fast_connect: true
  ##### addon-configuration #####
  ## addon_climate ##
  # addon_climate_heater_relay: "1" # possible values: 1/2

##### CHANGE ME END #####

packages:
  remote_package:
    url: https://github.com/Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint
    ref: main
    files:
      - nspanel_esphome.yaml # Core package
      # - advanced/esphome/nspanel_esphome_advanced.yaml # activate advanced (legacy) elements - can be useful for troubleshooting
      # - nspanel_esphome_addon_climate_cool.yaml # activate for local climate (cooling) control
      # - nspanel_esphome_addon_climate_heat.yaml # activate for local climate (heater) control
    refresh: 1s

#esp32:
#  board: esp32dev

esp32:
  framework:
    type: esp-idf

##### My customization - Start #####
##### My customization - End #####

# Enable Web server
web_server:
  port: 80

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:
  - platform: esphome

Ota definition is already in github yaml in external package. You must remove yours.

1 Like
# ota:
#   - platform: esphome

this would do the trick ?

Yes, either comment out or delete your ota lines.

Note however that you must declare “ota_password” in your substitutions, since this is what built-in ota uses, otherwise compiler will warn you about missing substitution.

1 Like

is it possible to get controlls for spotify? like the custom:spotify-card

Hello team, great work!, is there any possibility to create actionable notification? or at lease when i push green button, to capture that?

Is it possible to display camera feeds on this device?

Unfortunately not. Or at least, not yet. :weary:
Please take a look at this: Image display possible · Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint · Discussion #1270 · GitHub

I’m not sure how video would play on nspanel anyway, since even now things like changing views doesn’t run smoothly - tapping on icon to change view can take over 1 second to be realized, so i guess esp inside isn’t exactly rocket…