Sonoff NSPanel Blueprint - Configure your own custom NSPanel easy via a Blueprint

Thanks, I have now set up a GitHub account and posted the issue. Much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

If the upload takes more than 30min, restart your system (a power cycle could help) and start again. Those life-long transfers always fails in the end.

Seem to have fixed it by changing from Android to esp-idf. Not sure what changed but is now loading tft in roughly 2 minutes. Thanks for the detailed help on the wiki.
Also really like the drop down in HA to select update location (hadn’t noticed that before) really helpful :grinning:

Esp-idf makes this file transfer way easier. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If I want to switch to Esp-idf is it mandatory to flash with serial or should it work flashing OTA.

Thanks
Craig

I guess this is a RTFM kinda post. Just read the release notes and see that serial flashing is required. I will attempt it next week, thanks for your hard work.

It is highly recommended to flash via serial when changing frameworks as the bootloaders and partitions may be different.
However, if you want to change for a short period, just to use a specific feature temporarily, you will be probably ok doing ota. For longer time you probably will face the issues related to partitions and boot table, like it booting to the older arduino firmware or even not being able to boot, forcing you to a serial flash.

Hi, I’ve noticed an issue since a recent update (maybe esphome 24.12) that the fan speed control isn’t working (slider or up and down). This is from one of the physical buttons holding down to access the entity page. The light still works on the fan. If there a setting change required that I have missed? Thanks.

For my US peepz, which panel are you using?
I was looking at the US version at aliexpress and it seems rather small compared to the EU version.

Thoughts?

I have an old post about the different versions. Please take a look: About panel models (EU x US x US landscape) · Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint · Discussion #713 · GitHub

1 Like

Do you mind reporting this as an issue on GitHub, so we can investigate?
This is the link: Issues · Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint · GitHub

Thanks for this. Placing my order today :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello i got some problems with my NSpanel after updating to 4.2.1 version.very hard to see for example my icon Alarmo is a dark grey color but when i active it change to green. how to fix this please like to put it more visible

2 Likes

My NSPanel is still working nomally with Home Assistant. However, it is offline in ESPHome add-on dashboard. Therefore, I cannot update, or modify anything.

Can I re-link the panel wirelessly (without open the case for re-flashing it using USB-to-Serial TTL)?

I’m getting an error about the blueprint version despite it being the same as what is expected…

Follow all the steps to update here https://github.com/Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint/blob/29087e2ca05c29b0b8f120d05e8b860747bd74e2/docs/howto.md#update-blueprint

I had this error until I updated the ESPhome version, blueprint and tft. I think your TFT version is your issue.

I’ve updated all three and restarted HA a few times as well.

I bet this is related to some settings in your network, but I’d like to suggest you try to get support from ESPHome channels. Googling it I found a few similar cases.

I really don’t know if you will have to flash via serial, but if that is the case, take the opportunity to switch to esp-idf framework, if you haven’t done yet. :wink:
More details at: NSPanel_HA_Blueprint/docs/customization.md at 29087e2ca05c29b0b8f120d05e8b860747bd74e2 · Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint · GitHub

1 Like

Your TFT file is from an older version.
If you are running it under esp-idf, just go to the device’s page under Settings > Devices and Services > ESPHOME, select the right model for upload and press the Upload TFT button.
If you are still using arduino then you must download the file from GitHub and then upload it to your local server, then pressing the Upload TFT.

If you still having issues, please report it as a bug in GitHub: Sign in to GitHub · GitHub
And please add some logs in that case.

It would appear I have broken my panel after updating the ESPHOME on it.
The panel starts and says Initializing and the version of TFT (4.1.1) but the other two fields are blank.
It isn’t connected to Wifi, but the nspanel fallback hotspot is available and I can connect to it and get an IP address, but browsing to the panel does not work.

I have done a physical reboot of the device (cutting the power) with no success.

Is it screwed?

I don’t have the capabilities to do a serial reflash, this was bought pre-flashed as I have another one which I spent weeks trying to flash without success and it was easier to just buy one ready to go, which has worked fine for months.

1 Like

Thank you. It is ok now.