Sonoff NSPanel Blueprint - Configure your own custom NSPanel easy via a Blueprint

updated everything to 4.3.7 and found the timezone settings but I also updated the ESPhome docker to include the correct timezones so that my soul is happy.

1 Like

is there a way to use a template to select the used entity in a button?
i would like to have a button for a media_player, but since i have multiple media players that can be active i would like the one button show the actually playing media_player.

You can assign a script to a button, then use that script to call the media player page with the entity playing (you solve that on your side).
You can use this to open a specific entity: NSPanel_HA_Blueprint/docs/howto.md at main · Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint (github.com)

1 Like

I have the alarm panel mapped to switch2. Call the complete Alarmo page where there is Arm home, Arm away, Disarm. When I press disarm, the decoding keyboard appears. I would like So that I don’t have to call the Alarmo subpages individually, but that the keyboard in the Disarm state is displayed directly during the Alarm entry.

Do you mind adding this as a feature request in GitHub?
This is the link: Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

What is the last version of the blueprint / repository with this “nest” dial?
Is it possible to download it?
( I dont need new features I just need this thermostat )

They removed the nest style dial because it caused crashes.

I’ll ask here as I am a bit lost with versioning:
my Blueprint is at v4.3.2 on an EU panel.
in ESPhome I am targeting main from Git and framework is esp-idf.

A while ago I was reading about having to flash sometime around March(?) to get to the new architecture and new blueprint.

Is that something I still need to do or since I am not on Arduino framework I can just stay with what I have?

You can just stay.

Great, thank you! :slight_smile:

Cannot update Firmware

Please help with updating firmware, I do not have any Capital letters in my config but I cannot get it updated

this is the log

INFO ESPHome 2024.5.5
INFO Reading configuration /config/esphome/nspanelmaster.yaml…
WARNING Found ‘${wifi_password}’ (see substitutions->ota_password) which looks like a substitution, but ‘wifi_password’ was not declared
WARNING Found ‘${wifi_ssid}’ (see wifi->networks->0->ssid) which looks like a substitution, but ‘wifi_ssid’ was not declared
WARNING Found ‘${wifi_password}’ (see substitutions->ota_password) which looks like a substitution, but ‘wifi_password’ was not declared
WARNING Found ‘${wifi_ssid}’ (see wifi->networks->0->ssid) which looks like a substitution, but ‘wifi_ssid’ was not declared
Failed config

esphome: None

‘N’ is an invalid character for names. Valid characters are: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_ (lowercase, no spaces).
name: NSPanel
friendly_name: NSPanel
min_version: 2023.12.0
platformio_options:
build_flags:
- -Wno-missing-field-initializers
- -D NSPANEL_HA_BLUEPRINT_CORE
- -D NSPANEL_HA_BLUEPRINT_ADDON_UPLOAD_TFT
- -D NSPANEL_HA_BLUEPRINT_ADDON_BLUETOOTH_PROXY
on_boot:
- priority: 600.0
then:
- lambda: |-
set_timezone->execute(id(mui_timezone).c_str());
if (isnan(blueprint_status->raw_state)) blueprint_status->publish_state(0);
version_esphome->publish_state(“4.3.7”);
device_name->publish_state(“NSPanel”);
notification_label->publish_state(“”);
notification_text->publish_state(“”);
notification_unread->turn_off();
- wait_until:
condition:
- lambda: return (not isnan(stoi(baud_rate->state)));
timeout: 60s
if (stoi(baud_rate->state) != tf_uart->get_baud_rate()) set_baud_rate->execute(stoi(baud_rate->state), true);
- wait_until:
condition:
- lambda: return disp1->is_setup();
timeout: 60s
- if:
condition:
- lambda: return (not disp1->is_detected());
then:
- switch.turn_off: screen_power
- delay: 2s
- switch.turn_on: screen_power
on_shutdown:
- priority: 0
then:
// Make it unavailable to blueprint calls
nextion_init->publish_state(false);
// Update Wi-Fi icon
disp1->set_component_text(“home.wifi_icon”, “\uE708”);
// Update Wi-Fi icon color
disp1->set_component_font_color(“home.wifi_icon”, 63488);
- priority: 600.0
then:
- switch.turn_off: screen_power

Do you mind sharing your panel’s yaml? Please remove any sensitive info (wifi credentials, etc) before sharing.

1 Like

substitutions:

Settings - Editable values

device_name: nspanelmaster
friendly_name: nspanelmaster
wifi_ssid:
wifi_password:
nextion_update_url: “http://homeassistant.local:8123/local/nspanel_eu.tft

Optional configurations (uncomment if needed)

Add-on for climate control

heater_relay: “1” # Options: “1” or “2”

Begin Customization Section

Customization - Start

If you wanna set non-standard parameters to your Bluetooth proxy just add like this:

esp32_ble_tracker:

scan_parameters:

interval: 1100ms

window: 1100ms

active: true

bluetooth_proxy:

active: true

Customization - End

Package Configuration

packages:
remote_package:
url: GitHub - Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint: This allows you to configure your complete NSPanel via Blueprint with UI and without changing anything in the code
ref: main
refresh: 300s
files:
- nspanel_esphome.yaml
# Optional packages for advanced features and other add-ons
# - esphome/nspanel_esphome_addon_ble_tracker.yaml
- esphome/nspanel_esphome_addon_bluetooth_proxy.yaml # Bluetooth Proxy add-on package
# - esphome/nspanel_esphome_addon_climate_cool.yaml
# - esphome/nspanel_esphome_addon_climate_heat.yaml
# - esphome/nspanel_esphome_addon_climate_dual.yaml

I am using thie bluprint for a month and everything is fine.
Now I added a HVAC control to homeassistant and using NSpanel I can change all the modes od heating/cooling/etc.

But is there a way to change the fan speed of the HVAC also?
Snímek obrazovky 2024-06-06 230853

I found one more issue:
NSpanel dont show the climate:auto icon “mdi:thermostat-auto” as here in a red circle but icon “mdi:calendar-refresh” - why?
Snímek obrazovky 2024-06-08 192858C

EDIT

v4.3.8 - Enhancements and Bug Fixes
This patch introduces important enhancements and fixes several bugs, ensuring improved performance and user experience.

[!WARNING]
Home Assistant v2024.6.0 and ESPHome v2024.3.0 are required. Please take a look at our Version compatibility matrix for a full list.

Bluetooth Proxy Addon Crash Fixed (#2119)

• Criticality: Major
  • Affected Components: ESPHome
  • Issue Number: #2119
  • Description: Resolved a critical issue where the Bluetooth Proxy addon caused the NSPanel to crash. This fix stabilizes the Bluetooth functionality, ensuring reliable performance when the Bluetooth Proxy addon is enabled.

Climate Page Entity State Icons Display Fixed (#2111)

• Criticality: Minor
  • Affected Components: Blueprint
  • Issue Number: #2111
  • Description: Fixed an issue where the entity state icons were not displayed on the climate page. This update ensures that all relevant icons are visible, providing a complete and informative interface for climate control.

ESPHome v2024.5.0 Build Warning Resolved (#2117)

• Issue Number: #2117
  • Description: Addressed a warning (error) encountered when building NSPanel using ESPHome version 2024.5.0. This fix ensures compatibility with the latest ESPHome version, allowing for seamless firmware updates and builds.

Alarm Page Button Alignment on EU Display Fixed (#2110)

• Affected Components: TFT
  • Issue Number: #2110
  • Description: Fixed the alignment of buttons on the alarm page for the EU display. This update centers the buttons correctly, providing a consistent and aesthetically pleasing interface for EU panel users.

Utility Dashboard Loading Issue Fixed (#2122)

• Affected Components: Blueprint, ESPHome
  • Issue Number: #2122
  • Description: Resolved an issue where the Utility Dashboard was not loading all information. This fix ensures that the Utility Dashboard reliably loads all information each time it is accessed, maintaining consistent functionality and performance.

Temperature Display Unit Fix on Home Page (#755)

• Issue Number: #755
  • Description: Corrected an issue where the temperature display on the home page showed inconsistent unit (e.g., °). This fix ensures that the unit of measurement provided by Home Assistant is consistently displayed, improving the readability and aesthetics of the temperature information.

Fixed “Unknown Services” Warning for Fan Controls (#2114)

• Issue Number: #2114
  • Description: Addressed a warning generated by Home Assistant for non-existing fan services (fan.set_percentage, fan.oscillate, fan.turn_on) when no fan entities are configured. This update prevents unnecessary warnings, ensuring a cleaner and more accurate notification system.

Wake Up Enhancement for Timeout Sleep Setting (#2055)

• Criticality: Enhancement
  • Issue Number: #2055
  • Description: Introduced a new feature allowing the NSPanel to wake up when the Timeout Sleep setting is set to 0. This enhancement ensures that the display remains active if the sleep timeout is disabled, aligning with user preferences for continuous operation.

Larger Alarm Pin Pad (#2103)

• Affected Components: TFT
  • Issue Number: #2103
  • Description: Enhanced the panel’s alarm pin pad by increasing its size for better usability. This improvement makes it easier for users to input their alarm pins accurately and comfortably.

Support for Collapsible Sections in Blueprints

• Description: Added support for collapsible sections in blueprints, a feature introduced in Home Assistant v2024.6. This enhancement makes the blueprint interface much cleaner and more organized by allowing sections to be collapsed.

Experimental Add-On Cover

• Criticality: Enhancement - EXPERIMENTAL
  • Affected Components: ESPHome, Blueprint
  • Description: Introduced an experimental add-on for cover control. This feature is designed to provide advanced cover management options through the NSPanel interface. For detailed instructions and usage, refer to the add-on cover documentation.

Improved Fan Page Control with Unified Power Button (#1886)

• Affected Components: Blueprint, ESPHome, TFT
  • Issue Number: #1886
  • Description: Enhanced the fan control interface by merging the separate on and off buttons into a single unified power button, similar to the light page. This update streamlines the user experience, making fan control more intuitive and consistent with other device controls on the NSPanel.

These updates address critical issues and enhance the overall functionality and user experience of the NSPanel. We appreciate the community’s feedback and contributions, which help us continually improve this project.

Special Thanks:

• Our thanks go to @AJediIAm for their valuable contributions in reviewing and improving the installation documentation. Your efforts ensure that our setup guides are clear and accessible to all users.

Release v4.3.8 - Enhancements and Bug Fixes · Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint (github.com)

2 Likes

Great, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just looking at adding the Bluetooth Proxy so thought it would be a good time to also remove some unnecessary things but ESPhome doesn’t like the example code.

# Removes the `captive_portal` component
captive_portal: !remove

# Removes the OTA password
ota:
  password: !remove

… and therefore won’t compile. I guess I’m doing something wrong… This is currently at the bottom of my NS Panel ESPhome code. Do I need to put these elsewhere?

captive_portal and web_server are included only when using advanced mode.