Sonoff NSPanel by ITead - Smart Scene Wall Switch based on ESP32 and custom Nextion Touch Screen Panel Display (non-Pro variant)

Can’t you just write an automation to update the file each time HA does a restart. As everyone will have different tastes.

1 Like

Unless it is a configurable variable it would be a difficult task to do that.

1 Like

Current development version is now showing a brightness slider for lights regardless of the power state.

2 Likes

@jobraun hope you enjoyded the coffee.
would it be posible to have the inbuit switch to be multifunction? normal press is relay on off, long press triggers somthing via H.A.?
edit, just tried a quick double press on button 1 and it turns on relay 2? but a double press on 2 does nothing

You can do a lot with the buttons.

https://docs.nspanel.pky.eu/phys-btn/

Use SetOption73 1 if you want to use them in HA, see tasmota documentation for more information, you can also use them with tasmota rules.

hey @jobraun

i am happy to found you here, you are the developer of the https://github.com/jobr99/nspanel-lovelace-ui or?

i installed it today and it works very well, i have a few questions when its okay.

• gives the option to add a wallpaper as background?
  • is it possible to add the custom-button-card or is this too heavy for the small nspanel?
  • animated icons are not possible?

i love the homekit style buttons how they look here A different take on designing a Lovelace UI - Share your Projects! - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

something like this is not possible i think?

• gives the option to add a wallpaper as background?

no, nextion screen do not support picture transfer to them on runtime and furthermore it doesn’t support transparency

• is it possible to add the custom-button-card or is this too heavy for the small nspanel?

what do you mean? you can use cardGird and customize the icon, color and name
positions of gui elements are build into the firmware and they cannot be changed on runtime with nextion

• animated icons are not possible?

nextion isn’t capeable of this

• i love the homekit style buttons

It might be possible to build something that looks more like homekit, but this would be a complete redesign and you won’t be able to do animations, etc.

1 Like

It kind of is. Not in a pretty way but it is possible.

How to Display animation on NEXTION - YouTube

1 Like

okay thank you for your explaining, but i see here in the thread severeal examples with a background image or is this not nextion?
transparency is not important for a background or missunderstand i something?

you added the grid-card , i mean the custom-button-card, it has a lot of customize options
custom-cards/button-card: :sparkle: Lovelace button-card for home assistant (github.com)

is it possible to change the weather icons to my own? i have here colored versions

I have an animated picture on the loading screen, but the icons used in lovelace ui are an icon font, so they are text.

you can always open up the project in the nextion editor and modify it, even with background images, but it has to be in the firmware, it is impossible to do this via configuration

transparency is important for things like sliders or switches, the images used in the sliders also need to have the background included, because it doesn’t support transparency

all ui elements have to be fixed in the HMI Project, thigns like positions of elements cannot be changed on runtime

You can change the color of the icons on the screensaver

1 Like

okay i understand. i will give it a try when i have time.

is it possible to change the weather icons?

and i use the tasmota version, is there the possibility to send a rtll sound to the panel or only under esphome?

not via configuration, since it isn’t possible to transfer pictures on runtime.
it is possible to change the colors within the apps.yaml

(and theoretically also the icon, but only from this list icons sheet)

in the hmi project you can add whatever icon you want, but this isn’t an easy change

you can use the buzzer on tasmota, but I’m not aware of a way to play rttl

It can be done! You can upload your tft file directly from nextion editor just like you are flashing your ESPs. Karibu!(Welcome)

yeah, the serial pins for the nextion screen are exposed as Testpoints on the board, be aware that the labels are from esp’s perspective, so you have to connect rx-rx and tx-tx

but system data error doesn’t mean that the screen is broken normally you are still able to flash over the esp32 with tasmota/esphome

thank you for you answers.

@jobraun - how do I define the entities that I want on my climate page.

I tried this, it does not work, but the documentation does not give an example so I am just guessing.

- type: cardGrid
        title: Heating
        key: heating
        cards:
          - type: cardThermo
            entity: climate.wiser_living_room
            entities:
              - entity: current_temperature
                name: "Temp" 

hey

i found a bug? the person doesnt work in the cardGrid, he always says unsupported. i tested it with tasmota and a another user on esphome by both systems he brings the error.

example

entities:
          - entity: switch.tuerklingel_2
            name: Haustür öffnen
            icon: 
                "on": mdi:lock-open
                "off": mdi:lock
          - entity: switch.tasmota
            name: Klingel
            icon:
                "on": mdi:volume-high
                "off": mdi:volume-off
          - entity: scene.garage
            name: Garage
            icon: mdi:garage
          - entity: person.marc_schiller
            name: Marc

you cannot have a cardThermo within cardGrid, you can have a navigate entity on cardGrid to a cardThermo

furthermore cardThermo doesn’t have entities, you only need to configure the climate entity

key: heating
        entities:
          - entity: navigate.cardThermo_test

- type: cardThermo
         key: test
         entity: climate.wiser_living_room

person only works with the latest development version, this is an upcoming feature on 3.4.0

https://docs.nspanel.pky.eu/faq/#how-to-upgrade-from-a-release-to-the-current-development-version