Stuck at preparing MiniAir11 Celeron

I purchased a Geekom miniair11 and installed Home Assistant on it through an Ubuntu usb stick. Prior to installing Home Assistant, I had internet access through the original Windows 11 on the machine and through the Ubuntu OS on the usb stick. I suspect I am having connect errors. It is stuck on the prepraring phase. I have seen other have problem with a Raspberry PI but not a mini PC. Here is a portion of the log

23-09-07 12:15:02 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install ghcr.io/home-assistant/generic-x86-64-homeassistant:2023.9.0: 500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.42/images/create?tag=2023.9.0&fromImage=ghcr.io%2Fhome-assistant%2Fgeneric-x86-64-homeassistant&platform=linux%2Famd64: Internal Server Error (“Get “https://ghcr.io/v2/”: net/http: request canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)”)
23-09-07 12:15:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Error on Home Assistant installation. Retry in 30sec
23-09-07 12:15:32 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.docker.interface] Updating image ghcr.io/home-assistant/generic-x86-64-homeassistant:landingpage to ghcr.io/home-assistant/generic-x86-64-homeassistant:2023.9.0
23-09-07 12:15:32 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.docker.interface] Downloading docker image ghcr.io/home-assistant/generic-x86-64-homeassistant with tag 2023.9.0.

Did you flash with Balena Etcher ?

Yes. Home Assistant appears to boot on the miniair. I get the Home assistant command line.

Balena Etchers seems to create a lot of DNS problems lately.

and others…

Better use USBImager

Thank you. I ordered an ssd to USB adapter. It arrives tomorrow. I will flask with that from windows.

I cant get USB imager to see my usb ssd drive. Etcher sees it and writes to it though. How can I cant USB imager to see it?

Thank you.

Hi Karl, welcome to the forum!

Have a look at this thread for another way of installing Installing HAOS on a dedicated x86-64 PC - #11 by MichaelSidenius

Images: Releases · home-assistant/operating-system · GitHub

I found the problem. Now I need help fixing it. I cannot connect to the internet through the ethernet. Either with the home assistant flash or the Ubuntu on the USB stick. I can connect to the internet through wifi on the USB stick. I have a netgear router if that helps.

How can I get a connection through ethernet or how can I setup a wifi connection?

Thank you.

I can connect through the ethernet with my windows computer.

Are you planning to run Home Assistant ONLY on the miniair11? A dedicated Home Assistant server running ONLY Home Assistant add-ons and integrations?

The Generic X-86 is the best installation when the computer is ONLY for Home Assistant. I have never had success flashing the M.2 SSD using the URL of the image. I always download the binary then use an M.2 adapter and Etcher to flash the firmware.

Now I am confused. You said earlier that you could access the Internet through Ubuntu on a USB stick. And, now you can’t? And what is “WiFi on the USB stick”? Hint- you do not want to run Home Assistant on WiFi.

I would, at this point, install Ubuntu on the M.2 SSD. This gives you more tools to troubleshoot your hardware. Also, in my experience, if a PC will install Ubuntu, it will have no problem installing HAOS.

When I first wrote, I forgot that when I first connected the Ubuntu stick that I had turned on wifi and connected that way. Sorry.

So I reinstalled windows 11 on the Miniair11. Installed virtual box and Home Assistant. I did not install the Python dependencies. I started up all up and im getting the same problem.

supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for IssueType.IPV4_CONNECTION_PROBLEM/ContextType.SYSTEM
23-09-17 11:10:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for IssueType.NO_CURRENT_BACKUP/ContextType.SYSTEM
23-09-17 11:10:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.module] Create new suggestion SuggestionType.CREATE_FULL_BACKUP - ContextType.SYSTEM / None
23-09-17 11:10:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.module] Create new issue IssueType.NO_CURRENT_BACKUP - ContextType.SYSTEM / None
23-09-17 11:10:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.check] System checks complete
23-09-17 11:10:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] Starting system evaluation with state CoreState.RUNNING
23-09-17 11:10:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.services] Updating service information
23-09-17 11:10:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.network] Updating local network information
23-09-17 11:10:25 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.sound] Updating PulseAudio information
23-09-17 11:10:25 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.manager] Host information reload completed
23-09-17 11:10:25 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] System evaluation complete
23-09-17 11:10:25 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] ‘ResolutionFixup.run_autofix’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy - supervisor

Hi Karl,
If your Ethernet connection doesn’t work with either the Ubuntu Live USB stick, the installed HA OS (using another linux distribution called Alpine) nor Win11, then I would personally suscpect something wrong with the Ethernet port in your Miniair11, or the cable (I presume you have tried another Ethernet cable?) or the Ethernet port in the other end (your switch or router). If your Ethernet port on the Miniair11 is actually faulty, you could get get cabled connection by using one of the small USB to Ethernet adatpters often used in laptops.
Good luck.

The ethernet port does work with windows 11 on the Miniair11. I can use Edge.