Supervisor Won't Start

Please run update docker, looks like fixed in new version.

I had the same problem after updating my supervisor.

My solution:

Stop supervisor and apparmor services:

systemctl stop hassio-supervisor.service
systemctl stop hassio-apparmor.service

Then delete the hassio_supervisor docker container. I used portainor for this, which provides a nice user interface.

After deleting the hassio_supervisor container I ran the already above mentioned curl script:

curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer/master/installer.sh | bash -s

Cheers

1 Like

My system broke after updating to 2021.10. this worked for me as well.

Could someone please tell the the docker command I can type at the VirtualBox console to delete the hassio_supervisor container (instead of installing Portainer)?

EDIT: I was able to type the below command at the VirtualBox console to get the docker container ID for hassio_supervisor:

docker container list -a
hassio_supervisor    47ee9035baa8 ghcr.io/home-assistant/am64-hassio-observer.......

With my very limited knowledge, I was able to piece together from different forum posts the below sequence of commands. I would appreciate it if someone could please tell the the correct way to do this.

systemctl stop hassio-supervisor.service
systemctl stop hassio-apparmor.service
docker container rm 47ee9035baa8
curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer/master/installer.sh | bash -s
1 Like

Hello I have the same problem. I think supervisor updated 2 days ago and now its broken, cant start the container. I am on Home Assistant Core 2022.6.7, dont know which supervisor version. Can anybody tell me how to fix it? thank you so much!! i am scared

I had created this thread before I found the current one: Lost connection to supervisor container - supervisor keeps crashing

I think the link in the last command has changed as I was getting a 404 error. I didn’t do anything more with it and checked back an hour later and supervisor was running.
Thanks for the help.