Support for Ecobee door/window sensor and camera

Any possibility of adding support for Ecobee door/windows sensor which reports motion and open/close as well for camera?
Here are the links to Ecobee website

2 Likes

+1 on this!

dablais entered a feature request for this:

Perhaps more votes for the feature will help get it implemented…

4 Likes

Also looking for Ecobee door/motion sensor integration.

2 Likes

For everyone coming here for the Door/Window sensor integration, use it this way for now -

1. Go to integrations -> Homekit controller and add it. (You don’t need an Apple device for this setup)
  2. It would ask for a code, the code would be displayed on the Ecobee Thermostat.
  3. Paste the code and submit it. Your Ecobee thermostat and sensor would be available in HA.

Note: If may fail, in that case, restart HA and try again.

Good Luck.

1 Like

That didn’t work for me. When I add Homekit Controller, it just says “No unpaired devices could be found”.

That’s weird. Just to confirm, is your Home-assistant and Ecobee thermostat on the same network?

Yes, they’re all on the same network. No vlan or anything, all same.

did you already pair it to homekit? the ecobee needs to be unpaired to homekit in order for it to be “free” for HA

Doubt it. Never used homekit for anything before.

Can confirm, Ecobee Homekit integration does show the Door Sensors as a device.

I guess, door/window sensor doesn’t show up under Homekit for very first generation of ecobee 3 thermostat devices. I have two of them and seems like they are not Homekit compatible which I bought in July 2015. I see camera binary sensor only using Homekit controller mode and that I guess is motion sensor from camera and it didn’t show me two door/window sensors in Home Assistant.
In case if you need to remove that integration and re-add then you will have to reset Homekit from two buttons from camera by selection option “Reset Homekit” using voice assistant otherwise Home Assistant will not find even if you delete the integration.

Ah thanks, that could be it. I have an original ecobee 3 as well.

I have an ecobee 4 and just added the door sensor, cant get this to work, any help would be appreciated.

Another sensor user hoping to use these in HA without Homekit integration.

1 Like

I had the HomeKit integration working with the door sensors but then migrated my home assistant from a pi to a NAS device. Now it can no longer find the sensors or any of my previously integrated through HomeKit Controller devices. I already wiped the sd card from the Pi and have never used HomeKit for anything else so can never unpair any devices. Any other options? Or any idea when the devices will be added to the integration? It’s been over a year since the request posted above was made so it seems dead in the water.

1 Like

Is this still a possibility?

Interested in this too. I put in a second Ecobee Thermostat and some sensors (door and occupancy) at our cabin. Home Assistant can see the thermostat and the temp sensors but not the door ones. I don’t have a Home Assistant install or anything homekit at the cabin but am paying the $5/mo for the monitoring. While this is nice, I’m more interested in seeing if anyone left a window open when they left. This would be a perfect task for Home Assistant. Maybe they are blocking this so you pay for their service?

I’m also looking for this integration with ecobee. The HomeKit controller doesn’t seem to work for me (yes I have it unpaired from HomeKit).

Any news on this topic? Been a year with no help.