Support for Tuya smoke detectors

What firmware are you using? Tasmota or ESPhome?

Can you post your config?

Could you set a last will and testament? So it always shows clear until triggered?

Hi there @mattvolp,

What was the procedure you did to be able to flash the Nedis Wifi Smoke Detector?

I’ve tried with tuya-convert but it cannot get it to work. Did you change anything in the fake server settings?

Thanks!

Tuya convert, but you are probably on the new tuya firmware and then you have run out of luck :frowning:

That could be it… Thanks for the quick response!

Not yet solved, but more info: Tuya smoke detector (some progress)

Any news on Tuya smoke detectors?

Still no progress on this?

Is there any idea it’s will support?

I don’t know if help’s but I bought Airam wifi smoke detector which is basically same as tuya/nedis smoke detector but branded for Airam and It is recognized in Home assistant.

that’s interesting. I installed the Airam app and it recognized the Nedis sensor no problem. However, now it will not show up in my tuya integration in HA. Any ideas?

Device can be connected only one app.

I bought nedis smoke detector, and it seems that nedis uses " wrong" device category in their detectors and that’s why it is unsupported.

Because of that I flashed tasmota to nedis smoke detector. Not ideal that either, because detector is normally unavailable in HA (detector will come online only when alarm is on), but it works.

Have you tried this Tuya - Home Assistant

Works fine for my cheap Tuya smoke alarm

how did you do this exactly? Do you also have the Nedis devices?

what firmware did you flash exactly?

Hi,

I used this guide to flash tasmota.

1 Like

thank you the flasing worked. However, I will only get unknown status in Home Assistant. Any idea?

on MQTT Explorer it shows

tasmota_87A520

LWT = Offline

INFO1 = {"Info1":{"Module":"Nedis WIFIDS10WT","Version":"12.2.0(tasmota)","FallbackTopic":"cmnd/DVES_87A520_fb/","GroupTopic":"cmnd/tasmotas/"}}

INFO2 = {"Info2":{"WebServerMode":"Admin","Hostname":"tasmota-87A520-1312","IPAddress":"192.168.178.180"}}

INFO3 = {"Info3":{"RestartReason":"Software/System restart","BootCount":56}}

RESULT = {"TuyaReceived":{"Data":"55AA000000010101","Cmnd":0,"CmndData":"01"}}

STATE = {"Time":"2022-10-20T16:41:13","Uptime":"0T00:00:11","UptimeSec":11,"Heap":23,"SleepMode":"Dynamic","Sleep":50,"LoadAvg":19,"MqttCount":1,"POWER":"ON","Wifi":{"AP":1,"SSId":"xxx","BSSId":"xxx","Channel":6,"Mode":"11n","RSSI":100,"Signal":-48,"LinkCount":1,"Downtime":"0T00:00:05"}}
1 Like

Following exact same issue here.

Edit:
Just my first short dive in to this issue.
The smoke detector publishes data into topic:
Topic: “homeassistant/binary_sensor/E8DB84BCA915_test/config”
But there is no data in this topic for example:
“state_topic”:“stat/%topic%/TEST”

At least if I look in MQTT if it receives a payload there is nothing.

Hi, I wonder if in the meantime there is a solution to this. I also flashed the NEDIS smoke detectors. And I’m getting ‘unavailable’ for all the diagnositc parameters.
If I look at the MQTT explorer, I don;t see any MQTT messages coming by.
So I get the impression that the smoke detectors is just not sending any messages at all.

– Paul

It works after I rebooted HA. Initially it showed unavailable.in HA.