Sureflap Connect - Pet Door

Hans, try to log off in the handy app (or even login to the webapp and logoff again). then login to the app (or webapp) again and watch, if sureflap offers you to accept the terms of use. these change from time to time and i have to agree to the terms about 2 times a year. after that everything works normal for me.
worth a try. greez

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately that didn’t work for me. :frowning:

I got it working. And wanted to show off. :wink:
Family is more relaxed now they can see that everybody is safe when we’re away for a while. Personally I’m looking what else we can do with this data.

Just a pitty that we don’t have the ‘cat has looked through’ data. Find this ‘amusing’ data, especially since 1 cat isn’t allow to go outside.

Schermafdruk van 2023-11-28 12-52-08

Having this working, I’m eager to get the food and drink bowls. Maybe they should give a reduction to people using HA?

It’s totally possible to get the ‘looked through’ working. Unfortunately, SurePet hates the open source community. I wouldn’t be surprised if they go the MyQ route eventually.

sorry Boland I’ve not logged on in a while, glad u managed it though

FAO hans449 and all others who are struggling to get the SureHA integration working.

It looks like the actual API has moved house recently, if you need to re-authenticate you are likely going to be unable to with the current version of the dependency ‘surepy’.

If you’re seeing these issues in your log files:

… then you might benefit from the code change that was correspondingly suggested:

However, I’m not sure the correct API is being used in the suggested code-change. I commented on the PR to this effect, especially around generating auth tokens.

Your mileage may vary. Good luck! I hope benleb is back soon. :slight_smile:

Hey all, I am considering to buy a Sureflap connect (we have the offline version already), but we need a specific feature, that I believe the original app does not support:
One of our cat can’t go outside during the day (sun is bad for him), but we would like to let him out when the sun goes down. Also we have two other cats and they are free to go anytime they want.
But as I saw we can’t set curfew for only one cat.
Can I solve that with HA with community plugins?
Cheers!

Not currently. I’d love to be able to toggle a pet to indoor only, but its not a function of surepy. We’d need @benleb’s help.

Aw, sad news, but thanks!
I think I will write to Sureflap about that, if they plan to add that feature in the future.

They already have that feature in their app. And they hate us, so good luck.

Oh, so the default app got that curfew mode uniquely set to each cat, just it is not accessible in HA?

Hi all,

after all the issues recently, i uninstalled sureha and installed all the surepetcare folders and yaml coding across

rebooted and failed to login, i think im missing something simple but can’t see what, any help is greatly appreciated

I can only assume you’ve read the docs, but everything is done in the UI. No need to add any folders/files.

Hi Flyize,

Yup read docs, I used to have sureha installed but removed and was going to go with surepetcare since the api change, but I can’t get neither to work, either thru the UI or manually adding the components to code?

Thanks all! Indeed, by now it works to just to update and reinstall. :smiley: Now I can use my hub’s ears again to see if the cat is at home or outside again :slight_smile:

Is this integration still working for everyone? I use the underlying API bindings outside of HA for other purposes and recently found that Sure had changed the behaviour of their API.

I’ve made the necessary fixes and René’s bindings are now working again for me. A pull request is in so, if not working for you now, hold on, as soon as René can see to the PR you should be able to get things back to normal.

If after then, you still have problems, ping me on René’s github repo and I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

works for me and never had a problem altho i never updated the unit BUT it probable has in the background …

can you provide a link to the PR ?
I would like to have a look into it :slight_smile:

– Also current topic on Git / core:

FWIW, mine still works

1 Like

never had a problem altho i never updated the unit

The problem arose because of some changes Sure Petcare made to their production API, so if you rely on anything that relies on the affected endpoints, you’ll have the problem whether you upgraded or not.

Sounds as though the HA integration doesn’t, which is good news! Nevertheless, René has now merged my PR, so upgrading will pull in those fixes anyway.