Sylvania Smart+ Bluetooth devices working in Home Assistant! Yes!

Thereā€™s no mention of Node Red in the OP, thatā€™s what was throwing me. Itā€™s supposed to be able to work with JUST the Alexa Media Player integration.

In my case it does, but for only 1 or 2 bulbs out of 6.

How were you able to pair these bulbs without a HomeKit code? I recently found a pair of these bulbs and tried to connect them. I used the Sylvania app to update them with the ā€˜HomeKitā€™ firmware, but when I try to connect them in HA it asks for a HomeKit pairing code which these donā€™t have.

I was able to get mine paired and the HomeKit code should be on the base of the bulb.

1 Like

From my understanding, only the earlier produced bulbs have the code. The newer ones, like when Amazon was blowing them out for $2 a piece (when I purchased) donā€™t have it.

2 Likes

Damn, I must have gotten the newer ones then. Thereā€™s no mention of HomeKit anywhere, no codes on the bulbs or anything. That was the first thing I checked.

I found them at my local dollar store of all places, I knew there was a reason theyā€™re there. Figured iā€™d give them a shot at 5 bucks for a pair. Maybe iā€™ll pair them to my Echo speakers and use them that way.

probably that one here? :point_down:

:arrow_lower_right:

These are the ones I grabbed on the cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VBYDKHQ/

Messed with these bulbs again today. Figured out that thereā€™s a COMPLETELY separate firmware version to enable Homekit. Turns out my bulbs DO have the code on them. You have to log OUT of the Sylvania app completely, then when it asks what kind of ā€œspeakerā€ youā€™re using you click on Homekit. It will prompt to replace the firmware with the Homekit compatible one.

Now to get them into Home Assistant, I have to figure out how Iā€™m adding Bluetooth to my HA setup. (running on Unraid via Docker)

Can you show us a picture on where to look for that code? On mine I canā€™t seem to find it, yet, was able to install the HomeKit fimware. Home-Assistant found it but require the Home-Kit code.

On my bulbs, itā€™s right on the bulb itself, looks like this:

BTW, I actually flashed BACK to the Alexa firmware, as they recently put a fix in specifically for these bulbs for the Alexa Media Player integration.

Can you write me a tutorial for a lay? What you meen, i install a new firmware? :slight_smile:

i have a SMART+ BLUETOOTH Bulb and i connect this with LEDVANCE SMART+ Bluetooth / App: LDV BT.

EDIT: i found the point in the App: LDV BT => amazon firmeware
But, if i install this, i dont found the Bulb in the amazon alexa app.
i turn the firmware back to the LEDVANCE and now i found the Bulb with the LDV BT app.
what can i do, to connect the bulb in the amazon alexa app ?

Thanks

Would like to follow this topic as I have a number of these bulbs without a homekit code on them, and I donā€™t have any existing google or alexa infrastructure, would love to avoid creating one just for these bulbs if I can help it.

Edit: Iā€™ve just been using them in this app: ā€ŽSYLVANIA Smart Home on the AppĀ Store

Thank you!! I followed your steps and successfully added the Sylvania BL strip lights to my HA.

I followed OPā€™s steps and found the device under ENTITIES NOT DEVICES (as OP mentioned but I clearly missed)

1 Like

So if added to the HA home kit bridge. Would they be available in both HA and Apple Home?

So good new i have about 20 of the Sylvania bulbs ($5 CAN @ Dollarama) and the internet was down last night. I was still able to control the lights using Alexa so local control using Alexa and the Alexa firmware. weird not all Alexa devices could control all the light but just some and other devices none at all. My Echo 4 could control them all. HA using the Media Player had no local control. I find the bulbs in HA linked throw the media player are so to update if the are on or off and i have been unable to tell what Alexa device the bulbs are connected to.

1 Like

I have a bunch of these also, I keep debating if I should buy an ESP32 and set it up as a bluetooth proxy for HA, but I think HA still needs to know how to talk to it, which I donā€™t think it would. (needs an integration ?)

For now Iā€™m using the Alexa Media Player method, which does work but can be hit or miss.

Youā€™d have to use this:

Not super reliable in my experience (in particular after power outages/resets), and doesnā€™t support colors (just on and off)

Also it requires way more than an ESP32. At least a raspberrypi since it needs docker

1 Like

Thanks, I remember stumbling on that awhile back. Yeah, the no color controls is kind of a bummer, I have that working with the Alexa Media Player integration.

Been getting a lot Server is unresponsive issue with the bulbs any tricks to fix this. Reboot all the Echo devises but its hit and miss.