Tasmota Devicegroups. Linking several multi button devices

This is what I understand and how I got device groups to work as remote controls of 3 different multi button devices. With each button controlling other device relays or its own relays.
remotely controlled and show status of remote devices on both button LED and in homeassistant.

DevGroupName kitchen {“DevGroupName1”:“kitchen”,“DevGroupName2”:"",“DevGroupName3”:“bedroom”,“DevGroupName4”:""}
SetOption85 1
So88 1

Kitchen Two button TX Kitchen switch.

Button1 (relay1 wired to kitchen light)
DevGroupTie1 2
This ties kitchen switch button1/relay1 (Kitchen light) to button2 of the (office switch) in the kitchen Device group. If office switch button2 or kitchen button1/relay1 is pressed, kitchen relay1 will toggle kitchen light. Both switches assigned button LED show status of kitchen relay1 and in Homeassistant.

Kitchen switch Button2 (nothing wired to relay).
DevGroupTie2 1
This ties button1/relay1 (garage light) to button2 (kitchen switch).
The kitchen Device will toggle the button1/relay1 of the garage switch light.
If garage switch button1/relay1 or kitchen switch button2 is pressed, garage relay1 will toggle garage light. Both switches assigned button LED show status of garage relay1 and in Homeassistant.

Office Two button TX office switch

Button1 (relay1 wired to office light) ( will only toggle locally wired office light)
DevGroupTie1 0 no other remote action or controlled by other devices

Office Button2 (nothing wired to relay).
DevGroupTie2 2
This ties button1/relay1 (kitchen light) to button2 (office switch).
The Office Device will toggle the button1/relay1 (kitchen light) of the Kitchen switch .
If the Kitchen switch button1/relay1 or Office switch button2 is pressed, Kitchen relay1 will toggle Kitchen light. Both switches assigned button LED show status of Kitchen relay1 in the devices and in Homeassistant.

Garage
Three button TX Garage switch
Button1 (relay1 wired to Garage light)
DevGroupTie1 1
This ties Garage switch button1/relay1 (garage light) to button2 of the (kitchen switch) in the kitchen Device group. If kitchen switch button2 or Garage button1/relay1 is pressed, Garage relay1 will toggle Garage light. Both switches assigned button LED show status of Garage relay1 and in Homeassistant.

Button2 (relay wired to Driveway light) ( will only toggle locally wired Driveway light)

Button 3 not wired future garage door opener

video of test switch https://photos.app.goo.gl/zN5atNCVx8MXsbqg8

I have several other switches I have been using tasmota rules to do the same thing but rules do no show status of the other devices on the remote switches.
here is my write up with many photos and info.
remote multi button switches with rules

Hey Rod,

Thank you for the awesome right up! Very thorough and informative.

I followed through what you did for my setup but have had no luck getting it to work. I am hoping you may be able to help see where I went wrong.

I have 3 light switches.

SWITCH 1 -
Relay 1 main lights
Relay 2 (nothing wired to relay) to control outside and side lights
Relay 3 desk lights

SWITCH 2 -
Relay 1 side lights

SWITCH 3 -
Relay 1 outside lights

Fairly basic compared to yours. I wish for SWITCH 1 Relay 2, SWITCH 2 Relay 1 and SWITCH 3 Relay 1 to all work in 1 group.

Currently all 3 devices have -
SetOption 85 ON
SetOption 88 ON
{“DevGroupName1”:“outsidelights”,“DevGroupName2”:"",“DevGroupName3”:"",“DevGroupName4”:""}

SWITCH 3-
	{"DevGroupTie1":0,"DevGroupTie2":2,"DevGroupTie3":0,"DevGroupTie4":0}

SWITCH 1 & 2-
	{"DevGroupTie1":2,"DevGroupTie2":0,"DevGroupTie3":0,"DevGroupTie4":0}

From my understanding the DevGroupTie2 will tie the second relay of the switch 3 to the first relay of switch 1 and 2 as they share the same DevGroupName.

Could you please let me know if you see where I have gone wrong?

Thank you!!!

It don’t work exactly like I wanted so I just went back to rules to control remote switch’s.
See my other post

Ah thats no good. Thanks for the reply. If I get anywhere with it I will be sure to let you know :slight_smile:

Groups works just need to follow all the set up
I just did not like it because it seems slower than using rules
And sometimes you have to push the button twice.

1 Like